Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apparently last night's BBT was less than 19 minutes long. Why are people leaving ad-supported TV again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzF4LDx8ipU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

Apparently last night's BBT was less than 19 minutes long. Why are people leaving ad-supported TV again?

Kevin Reilly claimed they are significantly lightening the ad-load on TNT/TBS. Said shows would be around 8 minutes longer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sbaldrick posted:

Sadly Northern Exposure is one of those shows that's basically disappeared due to it's music issues. So many shows have that issue.

Oh, I was wondering why it had disappeared so completely. That does explain a lot.

But man, so many great actors and performances are going unseen.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

precision posted:

Oh, I was wondering why it had disappeared so completely. That does explain a lot.

But man, so many great actors and performances are going unseen.

It came up in the oral history of Blossom on uproxx where they where talking about the reason it isn't in syndication is music rights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oral History of Blossom is my favorite Big Bang Theory episode.

Edit: Aww, I mixed up BBT and Community's episode name gimmicks.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 9, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I read the oral history of the Winona Ryder gen x movie and I think everyone involved in that including Ben Stiller thought they were making an important film.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Oral histories are my favorite thing as of late. The ones on the Star Wars Holiday Special and Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back video are lots of fun for completely opposite reasons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

I read the oral history of the Winona Ryder gen x movie and I think everyone involved in that including Ben Stiller thought they were making an important film.

Oh, Reality Bites was absolutely intended to be capital-i Important. My God, you should check your library for old Rolling Stone issues, because the interview Ethan Hawke gave after that film's release is priceless.

"Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent." You know what? You can keep it.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I tried watching the expanse ep1 but it didn't seem good when does it get good?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fooz posted:

I thought it was good, so maybe it's not up your alley.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember when Weezer's Hash Pipe music video played on MTV they had to censor the word "'hash." Now you can watch people smoke weed in CBS dramas. The the other day Ice Cube and Kevin Hart smoked weed in Conan O'Brien's show. I think in 5 years we'll see tits and dicks on NBC.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Fooz posted:

I've seen three episodes, and I think the third is when it actually starts to work. not coincidentally it's when the indian UN lady finally has something interesting to do.
the best bit is how Steven Strait's character is set up as the good guy hero, and then all of his actions have actually been ill-considered and brought disaster to people (like, I'm half-convinced he's going to be responsible for a mass extinction event by the end of the series).

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember when Weezer's Hash Pipe music video played on MTV they had to censor the word "'hash." Now you can watch people smoke weed in CBS dramas. The the other day Ice Cube and Kevin Hart smoked weed in Conan O'Brien's show. I think in 5 years we'll see tits and dicks on NBC.

Could swear Hannibal had some tits at some point. Either dissected corpse tits or trippy threesome tits, but tits of some kind.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's fine to show tits as long as you show no nipple, and you can show asses as long as nobody sees a hole. That's been relatively true of 10 o'clock for awhile, it's just nobody bothers to push it much. Even NYPD Blue went pretty hard on occasion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Oral histories are my favorite thing as of late. The ones on the Star Wars Holiday Special and Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back video are lots of fun for completely opposite reasons.
These two are my favorites.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Did the best of 2015 in TV poll ever get finished?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

yes, epic-ly? how did you miss that?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Snak posted:

yes, epic-ly? how did you miss that?

Alcohol.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Alcohol.

Say no more.

The second episode of Outlander was not as good as the first, but it was okay. They were really inconstant with the CGI of the dude's hosed up legs. That's not a real criticism of the episode, just an observation. It was a really awkward episode, and I think that's the big reason I was less thrilled about it. I'm one of those people who experiences vicarious awkwardness or whatever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Capn Beeb posted:

Could swear Hannibal had some tits at some point. Either dissected corpse tits or trippy threesome tits, but tits of some kind.

Hannibal had a full on lesbian sex scene that they got away with due all the random cuts and colours

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Hannibal had a full on lesbian sex scene that they got away with due all the random cuts and colours

The kalesboscope loving owned.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Are pinball tables canon?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Fooz posted:

Those dicks just spoiled Season 6.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they remake The Accused the pinball scene will use that machine.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fooz posted:

Nothing related to the show is canon, it's all fanfic

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If that machine doesn't have cocks for flippers it's fraudulent bullshit.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I didn't think PERSON OF INTEREST was doing that bad ratings wise, so why is it getting hosed around so much?

Abrams confirmed it's likely to get cancelled after the this season, but said that it's a shame because the story they had planned for after that sounded amazing. For a show that I barely watched when it started (As in I cared little for it) it got drat good. It'll be a shame to see it go.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

McSpanky posted:

The kalesboscope loving owned.

:golfclap:

Hannibal also had that 5 way orgy

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DrVenkman posted:

I didn't think PERSON OF INTEREST was doing that bad ratings wise, so why is it getting hosed around so much?

Abrams confirmed it's likely to get cancelled after the this season, but said that it's a shame because the story they had planned for after that sounded amazing. For a show that I barely watched when it started (As in I cared little for it) it got drat good. It'll be a shame to see it go.

I probably would've been watching Person of Interest if they had put it on US Netflix before recently, but easy-access streaming is bullshit, right CBS?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

DrVenkman posted:

CBS doesn't own the show so they don't feel like doubling down on it is they don't have to, even if it gave them 4 good seasons.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:golfclap:

Hannibal also had that 5 way orgy

Also the final scene of the series was basically a 3 way murder-suicide bloodbath with very sexual implications

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy poo poo, the 12 Angry Men episode of Amy Schumer is such a spot-on parody.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

They've gone down and it costs too much.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

Also the final scene of the series was basically a 3 way murder-suicide bloodbath with very sexual implications

Favourite Hannibal "got away with" story will always be the butt cleavage on the corpse. "Just pour more blood on it".

Agents of Shield spinoff gets pilot order:

http://deadline.com/2016/01/marvels-most-wanted-pilot-abc-1201679255/

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Favourite Hannibal "got away with" story will always be the butt cleavage on the corpse. "Just pour more blood on it".

Make it stop! MAKE IT STOPPPP!

I cant wait for the comic book movie/tv show crash. I have a feeling that it will at least start this year because of over saturation.

Read an article about upcoming movies in 2016 and there were 7 comic book movies. Add the billion loving tv shows and surely its going to crash soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By 2019 the entirety of TVIV's top 10 will be Marvel TV shows.

pentyne posted:

Yes. Toxx got really mad, it was awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DurosKlav posted:

Make it stop! MAKE IT STOPPPP!

I cant wait for the comic book movie/tv show crash. I have a feeling that it will at least start this year because of over saturation.

Read an article about upcoming movies in 2016 and there were 7 comic book movies. Add the billion loving tv shows and surely its going to crash soon.

Old Man Yells At Cloud.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Getting more Bobbi and Hunter is good but not having them around AoS anymore is bad.

• Locked thread