Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just finished up and Austin is a really great addition to this thing, he makes strong interesting arguments and will call out other people in a civil productive way.  His Invisible Inc speech was great, especially in contrast with some other guys who really liked games but just had nothing to say about them.  

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

what days are the beastcasts put up?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it was funny how austin kept trying to bring up prior arguments or how things were done in previous years and people had to keep telling him they just make it all up for every argument and theres no value in precedent

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what days are the beastcasts put up?

6 AM friday

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

it was funny how austin kept trying to bring up prior arguments or how things were done in previous years and people had to keep telling him they just make it all up for every argument and theres no value in precedent

Austin really did his homework lol. I would've liked to hear Jason make an Austin-like defense of Monster Hunter or Witcher, it wouldn't have affected the outcome but it's cool to hear people describe what they like about good games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

He has a chip on his shoulder about it (Mario Maker), whenever someone mentions it on the regular bombcast Brad jumps in to share how shocked he is about the terrible interface and everyone else tells him it's not really that bad. I dunno what his deal is.

Lol yep I made this post pre-goty

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brad went into mario maker wanting to hate it because it didnt fit his list of features he wanted for it, like having mario 2 stuff in it, or having mario all-stars skins

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*Jumps into coin block for 5 minutes*

Brad: "You know this game actually looks alright."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i like austin because hes most up to date with dbz lore

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

brad went into mario maker wanting to hate it because it didnt fit his list of features he wanted for it, like having mario 2 stuff in it, or having mario all-stars skins

lmfao

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I'd like to share a box of pocky and some hi-chew with Austin and maybe watch Gurren Lagann or Madoka

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Split screen coop EDF afterwards

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Vinny editing PREVIOUSLY ON... segments in the kerbal space program videos is super cool and im glad hes doing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

I'd like to share a box of pocky and some hi-chew with Austin and maybe watch Gurren Lagann or Madoka

I want to poke his belly like the Pillsbury Doughboy but instead of a little giggle he busts out a huge gut rattling guffaw

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If you haven't listened to the Beastcast from Christmas it's two hours of them improv-telling a Coen Bros style caper gone wrong via a tabletop game and it's really good.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

Vinny editing PREVIOUSLY ON... segments in the kerbal space program videos is super cool and im glad hes doing it

Last time, on DRAGON BALL V

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"If he failed to complete The Armageddan under the new time limit, he'd have to attend a live WWE Monday Night Raw or pay-per-view, pay for me to tag along, write a ten-page handwritten book report about the experience and post it online, and allow me (or a WWE superstar of my choosing) to shave his goatee and film the process." i didn't realize how much Klepek got owned by Mario maker.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its cool that Dan can say like "maybe i can get Cena to shave you" and you cant tell if its a joke

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

a big ol austin laugh on the next time cut too, those are also rad.

i think the kerbal space stuff is my favorite video content even though i never much cared about that game before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

a big ol austin laugh on the next time cut too, those are also rad.

i think the kerbal space stuff is my favorite video content even though i never much cared about that game before.

I love watching vinny playing it and I picked it up on a sale some time ago because of videos on the site and once I tried playing it it is an absolutely miserable experience

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

It's what Mario maker is to Jeff for me. I never cared about science but learning about rockets has been fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i have no interest in playing the yospos minions game, but anything Vinny likes is good to watch because he's pure in his admiration of it

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLcxR-12qc
Jeff playing some old games on his youtube channel.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ice Mongoose
Sep 5, 2015
Austin is a big boy with a good laugh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sex Tragedy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLcxR-12qc
Jeff playing some old games on his youtube channel.

thanks

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

pony island looks dumb

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

how are they still surrounded by boxes? what do they do all day?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

how are they still surrounded by boxes? what do they do all day?

I can't imagine having that much poo poo without having display cases for them.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

this is now my phone background thank you

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This week's Friday show is the best I seen in a while, there's a good guest and a happy Jeff and people being excited about games

Worth watching

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Want a soundbyte of excited Jeff yelling SQUAAAAAAAAD, for my phone

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

my favorite part was him dunking all over brad about that dumb game he brought and refusal to explain the premise at the beginning

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

brad said "ehhh" when jason asked if he liked dogs in the mailbag. what a miserable loving bastard lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

also lol how the camera starts getting out of focus when jeff is holding it and starts talking about setting up steel battalion on a LAN

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

brad said "ehhh" when jason asked if he liked dogs in the mailbag. what a miserable loving bastard lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had the Kings Quest Chapter II QL on in the background while playing Bloodborne and there's like a 4 minute segment where Brad is just standing still in the game while Rorie asks him if he knows what "pussy" means.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brad/rorie ql?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

brad/rorie ql?

There's a reason it was relegated to background noise