Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AllanGordon posted:

How many crystals does that usually go for?

850 this time, but the sale is gone. These types of packages should only be bought by spenders. if you are F2P save for costumes or holidays only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

AllanGordon posted:

How many crystals does that usually go for?

960 for just the bios.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Can we get a list of like top 5 or 10 leader skills? I'm just not sure who's got good stuff

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Or if anyone knows if/when Silk's is good enough to make her leader.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Ronan
Wasp
Shulk (situational)
IM/SC
Singularity / WM / Elsa / Deathlok / WS / SL / etc (single damage type bonus)
Punisher / somebody else (all damage)
CA / KP
Everyone else.

Yellowjacket and Malekith situationally (pvp and Ronan farming).

Oh and Lincoln on a lightning team is up there.

deimos fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 9, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Kind of a silly question about ISO-8 sets:

Do I need to put my ISO-8 in the exact order as the set, or do I simply just have to equip those specific ISO-8 from the set? Either way isn't too bad, but the former makes it trickier if they aren't at level 55 yet and I want to use a Chaotic, for example.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Just drop them in.

On the topic of ISO-8 sets, incase anyone didn't know, the bonus value of the set is based on the lowest level iso you have slotted for the set, so if you have a 1 star and 7 6 stars isos slotted, you get the 1 star bonus, but if you have all 4 star isos slotted, you get the 4 star bonus.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Zodack posted:

Kind of a silly question about ISO-8 sets:

Do I need to put my ISO-8 in the exact order as the set, or do I simply just have to equip those specific ISO-8 from the set? Either way isn't too bad, but the former makes it trickier if they aren't at level 55 yet and I want to use a Chaotic, for example.

Order does not matter yes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't see a reason not to get the Tony Stark Stash every month.

Was there any hints on what the new costumes are?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think they mentioned some Peggy Carter stuff, I'd assume a Peggy costume for Sharon, but who knows.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Speaking of Iso-8s, the +attack ISOs work like +attack on the costumes right? Someone like MODOK should get +energy or +all despite having some physical typed attacks because those physical attacks get the same bonus in spite of their typing?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Other posted:

Speaking of Iso-8s, the +attack ISOs work like +attack on the costumes right? Someone like MODOK should get +energy or +all despite having some physical typed attacks because those physical attacks get the same bonus in spite of their typing?

The iso sets are always all attack, so it doesn't matter.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The individual ISO crystals can be all three types though.

I assume that's how they work, yes.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

punchymcpunch posted:

The individual ISO crystals can be all three types though.

I assume that's how they work, yes.

The crystals can be but they unfortunately can't be controlled when fusing, overall not worth the effort in the grand scheme of your stats unless min-maxing.

Technically the team bonus and iso set bonus will be worth more.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

I think they mentioned some Peggy Carter stuff, I'd assume a Peggy costume for Sharon, but who knows.

I'd hope Peggy Carter would be her own character.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Three more spots in Doctor Goons. Post your ign here if you apply

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Started like a day ago or so, got a 3* MODOK level 30, a 3* Red Skull that is like level 17, and just got Silk which I'm gonna start levelling soon. Should I just focus on those three with any new biometrics I get or should I bring my attention to someone else?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
For special mission farming, is there a difference in bio drop rates in 10-19 vs 50-59?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Fenris13 posted:

Just drop them in.

On the topic of ISO-8 sets, incase anyone didn't know, the bonus value of the set is based on the lowest level iso you have slotted for the set, so if you have a 1 star and 7 6 stars isos slotted, you get the 1 star bonus, but if you have all 4 star isos slotted, you get the 4 star bonus.

This is completely false, it's the average but it's in discrete steps not a smooth line. So if the average is 2* you get one value, if the average is 3* another, if it's 3.9* you get the 3* value. That means you don't get the 6* values until they are all 6*, so you're better off with half 6* and half 4* than half 6* and half 5*.

deimos fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 9, 2016

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

deimos posted:

so you're better off with half 6* and half 4* than half 6* and half 5*.

No you're not

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah you're never better off with lower. Half 5* will always be better than half 4* even if you get the same iso bonus values, because the 5* isos have better stats on them. There might be a minmax equilibrium where half 4* is a reasonable compromise though, please do a spreadsheet.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

needs more effort, put enough numbers in your post and I will believe anything

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
best numbers are 1 because i am number 1 if you put numbers 2 to 6 in your ISOs then you are not number 1, you are a different, suckier number somewhere between 2 and 6

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Just started on this a few weeks ago.
Mainly going with Jessica Jones, Bobbi and Lincoln from SHIELD. All low Lv 30 and 3 stars atm.

Ul to Chapter 7.8. Should I be grinding exp from a specific level? Hitting a wall atm.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ephemeron posted:

For special mission farming, is there a difference in bio drop rates in 10-19 vs 50-59?

Yes. I remember seeing a table somewhere that says it increases by 10% the higher you go. With the last topping 70% or 80%

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ephemeron posted:

Yes big time. 70% drop rate at 50-59.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just a friendly reminder in 8 hours, 4pm pst aka the best time zone, energy reduction AND xp boosting event so get your drat farm on
You got bonus energy sitting in your mail box? Use it tonight

With any luck I'll have every 4 star character I have to 50 tonight choo choo

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just cleared 2 spaces in BOLTAGOONS so let us know your sa name when you apply!

I thought shifters can't be who the boss is?
Just had enemy black bolt plus boss back bolt
Followed up with me using sharon Carter, ally sharon Carter vs sharon Carter. That's some inception level poo poo

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 9, 2016

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Applied to Worst Alliance, IGN is myotomy.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RangerScum posted:

Applied to Worst Alliance, IGN is myotomy.

I'll add you when I get the chance here, that should fill up worst alliance provided I don't have to boot any more filthy inactives (I will almost certainly have to boot more filthy inactives).

Also whoever FARTJUICE is I approved them on name alone so good job there.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yes big time. 70% drop rate at 50-59.

Wasn't there just a post showing that lowest is the best due to energy and time? Or am I misremembering

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Wasn't there just a post showing that lowest is the best due to energy and time? Or am I misremembering

That's for dimension rifts, not special missions. Special missions all cost the same amount of energy.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

BabyFur Denny posted:

No you're not

Yeah I meant equally off I guess, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Applied to Waifu Squad. Same name in game as on the forums.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
I still have slots for friends if you want Assemble points and/or need to fill up your Friend List for crystals (like I do). IGN is onelouderash.

Also, I have started working on a spreadsheet to maximize my biometrics to 6-star Carol and Loki quickly. My real-life shame level may actually outpace my in-game shame level at this rate.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

blue.eyed.ash posted:

I still have slots for friends if you want Assemble points and/or need to fill up your Friend List for crystals (like I do). IGN is onelouderash.

Also, I have started working on a spreadsheet to maximize my biometrics to 6-star Carol and Loki quickly. My real-life shame level may actually outpace my in-game shame level at this rate.

I'll add you now, I have tons of open slots too. IGN ZottSA

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I still have a thousand energy and can't get rid of it fast enough to deplete it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

I still have a thousand energy and can't get rid of it fast enough to deplete it.

Pick a character in special missions to farm.

I chose MODOK because he is the greatest character ever created.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also XP event is live in 5 mins. 1 hour until 20 THOR BIOS. LOG IN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

• Locked thread