Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Endorph posted:

i went googling for estelle's fc status art as a refresher and for some reason there's a deviantart artist who draws estelle like this

and now i forgot what i was googling for

:captainpop::chanpop:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cake Attack posted:

also as much as i like them occasional yoh shiina just misses the mark entirely with the originals, estelle's FC status menu art is awful. SC's is good though

Yeah, I feel the same way about Kloe.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I feel the same way about Kloe.

I think the status menu art for FC was done earlier or something because it's a slightly different artstyle then the ingame stuff and SCs stuff. the eyes are different

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For some reason the art makes me think of the Star Ocean remake art.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

as long as we are talking art i'm going to say that i like the character art for Cold Steel quite a bit and i'm glad CSII ditches the school uniforms so everyone gets their own design

i was also disappointed they had the 3d models as portraits in textbooks instead of 2d portraits

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

as long as we are talking art i'm going to say that i like the character art for Cold Steel quite a bit and i'm glad CSII ditches the school uniforms so everyone gets their own design
the csii designs are hype, good, epic

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I kinda liked sky's character design variance so a return to form in cs2 will be nice

fake edit: yeah, those are some good poo poo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

here is my final word, on art style:

Sky: the in-game portraits are really expressive and good. the full body concept art is sometimes good, but sometimes bad, like Richard and his massive hands. i quite like the character designs too (i am very fond of SC Joshua and his cool scarf)

Crossbell: They're by the guy who illustrated Baccano and from what I've seen of them they're good

Cold Steel: Quality designs and art but it uses the 3d models for conversations in game

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

i went googling for estelle's fc status art as a refresher and for some reason there's a deviantart artist who draws estelle like this

She looks like... Hajime Ichinose, somehow.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Cake Attack posted:

massive hands

this seems like it happens a lot in sky's art

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

She looks like... Hajime Ichinose, somehow.
'somehow'

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cake Attack posted:

i was also disappointed they had the 3d models as portraits in textbooks instead of 2d portraits

To be fair some of them are so used to the color red that they just look the same as they did in military high school anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

With the exception of the art style kind of sucking.

It's the exact same artstyle as TitS except with less lovely upscaling. The only thing that's changed in that screenshot is the UI and character portraits (for the better).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The only thing that's changed in that screenshot is the UI and character portraits (for the better).

This is exactly what I'm talking about and I disagree.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The real crime of the evo games is the HORRID fully animated openings they made, especially the one for SC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcxPpdznmM

casually spoils the whole game and has a lovely cover of the SC theme song.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the animation is pretty bad but i like the silver will golden wings remix

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

speaking of the SC Evo OST comes out next week and i'm pretty excited to hear some of the remixes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

the animation is pretty bad but i like the silver will golden wings remix

I never got the point of having an animated opening if you can't even afford a minute or two of consistent animation.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

... did they miss that TitS is an acronym?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

speaking of the SC Evo OST comes out next week and i'm pretty excited to hear some of the remixes

Yeah, I'm super excited about that too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a bad cover of silver will, golden wings does not exist

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

The real crime of the evo games is the HORRID fully animated openings they made, especially the one for SC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcxPpdznmM

casually spoils the whole game and has a lovely cover of the SC theme song.

Uh, what the hell? Where are Zane, Agate and Walter?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

let's be fair, i was asking that first and third question during the actual game

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Some Numbers posted:

They decided they should cut as many male characters as they could. The only non-main characters who survived were Bleublanc and Olivier, which we all know the reason for.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cyouni posted:

They decided they should cut as many male characters as they could. The only non-main characters who survived were Bleublanc and Olivier, which we all know the reason for.

Not enough TitS, I guess.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Having played Cold Steel what I wouldn't give to play a remastered version of Trails in the Sky with the improvements from Cold Steel, especially in combat and traveling. Fast travel is a godsend, especially when you want to talk to every NPC.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wasn't there a collection of all the character dialog portraits from tits somewhere? anyone got a link to that?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
:sever:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

in tits SC has anyone else experienced saves taking longer and longer as you play? at least I think it's saves. like i'll first notice the delay when moving from room to room getting longer (like due to the autosave), and then eventually it hangs for a few seconds on a black screen after battles (also probably the autosave?), and at that point manual saving from the menu also takes a long time. never had this happen in FC, don't think it happened in the early parts of SC either or maybe I just didn't play long enough to notice.

also as this is happening the game kind of gets stuttery all around

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 9, 2016

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Never noticed that. It might be your computer.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

wasn't there a collection of all the character dialog portraits from tits somewhere? anyone got a link to that?

If you have the game then the Falcnvrt tool makes it easy to do your own sprite rips.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god will you people stop talking about the power of friendship and let me explore the shadow realm already?!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Oh my god will you people stop talking about the power of friendship and let me explore the shadow realm already?!

nope

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Now I'm only giving you till midnight to explore the last floor of Tartarus, but let's all waste hours talking about how much we worked hard to be a weird anime rock band at the last minute or reassure the spy that we're family because she's a part of Class 7. And its all an unskippable cutscene to really drive up that Kojima moment home!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Crabtree posted:

Now I'm only giving you till midnight to explore the last floor of Tartarus, but let's all waste hours talking about how much we worked hard to be a weird anime rock band at the last minute or reassure the spy that we're family because she's a part of Class 7. And its all an unskippable cutscene to really drive up that Kojima moment home!

Hold circle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Where do the DLC outfits go? Do you have to buy them from Le Sage after buying them for real?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Could someone link to the good guide for Cold Steel? I think I found it again as a series of forum posts, but I remember it being on its own webpage

E: I think this is the guide, but it was hosted on a webpage so it was its own thing http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...916f8fa7c5564ec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Were you looking for this site?