Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

It's nice to see Cio without a perpetual scowl on her face.

In fairness, this has been a very bad day for her. Or series of days? Things were not going Cio's way, is what I am trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Forgall posted:

Somehow my thoughts went in a different direction.

incubus is butthead's son

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I traveled for forty days and forty one nights across the Abyssal Desert.

I suffered through numerous glass storms, battled the raiders who live within, suffering from the poor footing the former seabed provided until I reached what I thought would be the source of my enlightenment

There it stood in massive letters, each one carved and decorated with the resources of an entire world, engraved with runes that set it perpetually ablaze. It read

HERE LIES BEAVIS. HE NEVER SCORED.

Around it, nothing else of note remained.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One must look one's best when they bring ruin to the gods.

Also, I want to meet Cio's friendspeople who helptolerate her.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
New comic: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-3-48/

I have a strange suspicious that poo poo is about to go down.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if cio means they changed as a person, or if it's more like "i'm blue now"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Now I can't stop imagining Cio sounding like Peridot from Steven Universe.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

i wonder if cio means they changed as a person, or if it's more like "i'm blue now"

Yes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
brb putting together a punk band so i can call it Perilous Slattern

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Tollymain posted:

Ahem.

wiegieman posted:

Both statements are true.

YS ATN VARAMA PRESH

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
The under-comic text on this one makes me want to see a demiurge invasion of earth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how unique earth is in its unconquered state?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Oh!"
"Ah!"

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

Early on it didn't take White Chain long to figure out Alison was from an unconquered world, so there's probably a fair few.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i mean if you assume it takes a month and a half to personally supervise denuding a world that still leaves everyone else a demiurge-free interval longer than human history

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I mean with the resources of a million other worlds she could do it, but I can easily imagine her looking at the nukes and tanks and going like pffffffffuck it I'll conquer it later.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There's advanced technology in the multiverse, the Demiurges just keep it to themselves. It would all be reduced to ash in a single searing moment of godly regard anyway.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
Maybe we can hold out until we can conquer other systems and then nuke the gently caress out of Earth, where the portal would presumably open.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

Depends on whether there are 777777 worlds or 777777 universes.

If it's the latter, then the answer is likely to be "not even a little bit unique". Universes are big. Heck, even if it's the former I'd expect there to be a fair few left. The demiurges' pact means they don't have to defend their worlds from each other, so there's no reason to be proactive about conquering and setting up defences in every world they own.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

7c Nickel posted:

I can easily imagine her looking at our TV broadcasts and Internet memes and going like pffffffff no thanks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wiegieman posted:

There's advanced technology in the multiverse, the Demiurges just keep it to themselves. It would all be reduced to ash in a single searing moment of godly regard anyway.

yeah the impression I get is everything's all medieval-style not because they're super backwards compared to us but because they use magic and slaves to do everything we do with machines better so why bother

that city coulda been all Star Trek gleaming skyscrapers until Mottom came along

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 14, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
As many humans have noted in the past, what's the point of being unimaginably rich and powerful if you can't lord it over anyone? (Player of Games probably still my all time favourite fiction)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Renaissance Robot posted:

Depends on whether there are 777777 worlds or 777777 universes.

If it's the latter, then the answer is likely to be "not even a little bit unique". Universes are big. Heck, even if it's the former I'd expect there to be a fair few left. The demiurges' pact means they don't have to defend their worlds from each other, so there's no reason to be proactive about conquering and setting up defences in every world they own.

It could hardly be called a multiverse if it didn't have multiple universes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

It could hardly be called a multiverse if it didn't have multiple universes.

And yet hoverboards are a thing.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

And yet hoverboards are a thing.

Who is to say the other universes are like ours? Maybe Earth's god was a long-winded gently caress and that's why it took billions of years for Humans to show up in a big empty space. Other creator gods could have been fine with dry land rising from the primordial waters of chaos in seven days. :cheeky:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the demiurges don't seem real keen on innovation or long-term investment so I could totally see them, like, sacking Earth or whatever the first planet in teleport range is called in each universe and not bothering try to get to the rest

I mean that's still an effectively infinite amount of resources especially when the whole point is just to keep one jumped-up feudal autocrat in impossible luxury

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 14, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

I mean with the resources of a million other worlds she could do it, but I can easily imagine her looking at the nukes and tanks and going like pffffffffuck it I'll conquer it later.

I don't think you can kill a demiurge with a nuke. Might mess up their hair and just make them even crueler when they snap their fingers and the entire combined armies of earth explode because gently caress you, magic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd like to think that a nuke is a fair match for most of the more powerful things in the multiverse

just not, well, the usurpers of the gods

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Please dont call angles nukes.

Call them nuclear tanks, tyvm.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Nuclear weapons will solve all your problems so long as those problems are made of matter, BUT GUESS WHAT

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah the impression I get is everything's all medieval-style not because they're super backwards compared to us but because they use magic and slaves to do everything we do with machines better so why bother

that city coulda been all Star Trek gleaming skyscrapers until Mottom came along

True, though it always bugs me when you have a setting that claims this but then their rich and powerful don't actually seem to have better things and creature comforts than us in lots of smaller areas.

Does Mottom's bed have magical memory foam? We'll see.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

And there's a lot of things machines can't do. You can't take them into the void without vast expenditures of magic or attention, so it's muscle power all the way. Luckily there are servant races that exist for this specific purpose.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MikeJF posted:

True, though it always bugs me when you have a setting that claims this but then their rich and powerful don't actually seem to have better things and creature comforts than us in lots of smaller areas.

i can't say I've noticed them lacking for any conveniences although who knows what the comfort standards of a giant sphinx monster with laser eyes and a harem of hell monsters doing his every bidding really are

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mottom's guys literally walk around with platters on their heads, so she can eat whatever she wants on a moment's notice. There's decadence, and then there's dedication.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MikeJF posted:

Memory foam is more comfortable to sleep on than a pile of gold, sure, but does it give you the same sense of unparalleled superiority? I think not.

Gotta get your priorities straight dude.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Renaissance Robot posted:

Memory foam is more comfortable to sleep on than a pile of gold, sure, but does it give you the same sense of unparalleled superiority? I think not.

Gotta get your priorities straight dude.

What about a memory foam bed on top of a gigantic pile of gold?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Mottom's guys literally walk around with platters on their heads, so she can eat whatever she wants on a moment's notice. There's decadence, and then there's dedication.

well if youre gonna settle into a gimmick, you might as well follow through on it

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
This conversation gets me thinking. There's no way that Mottom actually ate all of the fruit on that world. She's just one person. She went out of her way to make it extinct because denuding entire planets is what god kings are supposed to do.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Dr Christmas posted:

This conversation gets me thinking. There's no way that Mottom actually ate all of the fruit on that world. She's just one person.
Oh ye of little faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Either that or various minions pillaged the poo poo out of the planet on their own initiative in a race to get their hands on a commodity known to be valued by an all powerful god king. The Invisible Hand strikes again.