Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

Stock GXL size is 205/55/16

Your call, 1500. I'm happy dropping the wheels off at a kal tire or something after we take the chassis to mctinkerson's.

Hell, we could grab some tires here and bring them up with us and get them mounted somewhere too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I'm an idiot, I got the turbo and GXL wheels mixed up in my head. GXL wheels are 15x6 +40 with 205/60/15. Sorry

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There was an FB in the barlow pick n pull with the wheels still on it if that's the same size.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If they're 5x114.3 I actually have a set of 15" wheels in my basement in that PCD. I dunno if the offset would be any good but I didn't pay much for them either ($140). I would love to have them gone.

All seasons should be fine I would assume.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I don't think the forecast is for much snow if any is there? I suspect the QE2 trip should be fine as long as it doesn't get weird ice fog or something else to put a sheen on the road.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

I don't think the forecast is for much snow if any is there? I suspect the QE2 trip should be fine as long as it doesn't get weird ice fog or something else to put a sheen on the road.

It's snowing in red deer right now. forecast for tomorrow is snow as well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I dunno, it'll be a bit of a judgement call but I think it'll be fine on the highways. I highly doubt I'll be driving this thing in the winter after this so I'm more in favor of trying to get it down on the tires it has.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Buy my wheels anyway.

I would assume we'll be following you back so if you crash at the very least we can make your body look pretty for the EMTs.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

If it survives the trip from the sellers house to mine, it'll be fine all the way down to Calgary. If not, well there is always these: http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?164179-For-Sale-16-quot-Winter-Tire-Wheel-Package

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

I dunno, it'll be a bit of a judgement call but I think it'll be fine on the highways. I highly doubt I'll be driving this thing in the winter after this so I'm more in favor of trying to get it down on the tires it has.

That's the spirit.

You never see roadkill stopping for winter tires.

edit: the ghetto univeral wheels off the lincoln might rotate down to 5 on 4.5.

How much poo poo would we have to wedge into the springs to get it to clear 235/75r15 tires?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

That's the spirit.

You never see roadkill stopping for winter tires.

edit: the ghetto univeral wheels off the lincoln might rotate down to 5 on 4.5.

How much poo poo would we have to wedge into the springs to get it to clear 235/75r15 tires?

It's only four extra inches of diameter and a 17% speedo error, how hard can it be?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's only four extra inches of diameter and a 17% speedo error, how hard can it be?

They fit the fiver at max droop, and that's 3 inches of extra diameter on that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man that looks worryingly right.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Buy some chains :clint:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Forgot that I won a roadside emergency kit, has jumper cables and a tow strap in it.

Loaded basic tool kit as well, plastic traction pads, and basic supplies.

Should be set for tomorrow.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

iv46vi posted:

IExecudork should start bringing cheap Ontario miatas here and take cheap alberta trucks down there for full market leverage.

The dead clutch is probably my fault.

Anything here strike your fancy?

100% serious, I would drive a convertible with a permanently-down top across this country in mid-winter. No problemo, I've got good winter clothes.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If my tow rig wasn't in the body shop due to having an auto-wash mate with it, I'd come down with everything needed. drat truck is so heavy I wouldn't even notice an rx7 behind it.

Did I mention I destroyed my truck in an auto wash ? Forgot I had a sled deck on it :(

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Hahahaha, ooooh boy I'll bet that made a noise. How bad was the damage?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

If my tow rig wasn't in the body shop due to having an auto-wash mate with it, I'd come down with everything needed. drat truck is so heavy I wouldn't even notice an rx7 behind it.

Did I mention I destroyed my truck in an auto wash ? Forgot I had a sled deck on it :(

We're gonna need a picture of this

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

What kind of shape was the carwash in?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

JESUS loving SHITBALLS it's cold out there.

-31*c according to my thermometer, also says it hit -38*c at 5:50 this morning.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWDRTnkXwo4

-31*c start.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 9, 2016

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

It sure as gently caress was cold this morning, but at least in Calgary its almost completely broken up now. At the surface it was -27C and winds light out of the south at 8 am, but a thousand feet up it was -4 and winds light out of the west.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

-22 here :smug:

:(

Powershift posted:

JESUS loving SHITBALLS it's cold out there.

-31*c according to my thermometer, also says it hit -38*c at 5:50 this morning.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWDRTnkXwo4

-31*c start.
You didn't have that plugged in? That's not bad. Go get some fuel!

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I've determined that trying to sell a used vehicle in this Calgary weather is less than ideal.

Just had someone flake, "sorry it's too cold out today."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

-22 here :smug:

:(

You didn't have that plugged in? That's not bad. Go get some fuel!

Hey, the fuel light just came on 50km ago, i've still got 40 liters.

At -30, the dodge would barely even turn over, no way in hell it would ever start. I used to come in from work and have to run the block heater off the inverter in the mack just to get home.

Grouco posted:

I've determined that trying to sell a used vehicle in this Calgary weather is less than ideal.

Just had someone flake, "sorry it's too cold out today."

Assuming yours is the silver $700 one, the type of people you're going to get looking are the type that are REALLY gonna gently caress with ya.

A 00 concorde with 249k went for $700 at michener allen. I'll try to dig one of my sales contracts, but i know for sure you'd be out $20 for a lien check, $15 admin fee and 12% of the sales price, but i don't know if there's a minimum, if there isn't you would see $581 out of it, which might be worth not dealing with idiots. It might go for $300 and you'll see $100 of it though.

An alternate strategy is to ask for something you need worth ~$1000 in trade. it'll probably be stolen, but if you can convince yourself it's not, you're good.

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005
Hmmm, thanks for the info. I have a few people "planning" to come check it out today and tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. I can't really think of anything I'd need in a trade right now... mostly I just want it off my driveway, hopefully for more than the scrap or donation value. I already have my new vehicle, so really it's a matter of getting rid of this one.

I'm just waiting for the blank stare when I start taking off my license plate... "what do you mean the plates stay with the original owner, how am I supposed to get it home?!"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Grouco posted:

Hmmm, thanks for the info. I have a few people "planning" to come check it out today and tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. I can't really think of anything I'd need in a trade right now... mostly I just want it off my driveway, hopefully for more than the scrap or donation value. I already have my new vehicle, so really it's a matter of getting rid of this one.

I'm just waiting for the blank stare when I start taking off my license plate... "what do you mean the plates stay with the original owner, how am I supposed to get it home?!"

Also, download the bill of sale and fill it out, make sure you have their drivers license number on there. make a copy of it and keep it in your files. if you don't have a photocopier, make out 2 so you have a copy. That way when the skeezeball who buys it never registers it, hits something and bails, when the cops show up to your door you have a simple piece of paper that'll make them go away.

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005

Powershift posted:

Also, download the bill of sale and fill it out, make sure you have their drivers license number on there. make a copy of it and keep it in your files. if you don't have a photocopier, make out 2 so you have a copy. That way when the skeezeball who buys it never registers it, hits something and bails, when the cops show up to your door you have a simple piece of paper that'll make them go away.

Yup, I have a few blank bills of sale here just in case. No photocopier so I was planning on just filling out 2. I was also planning on taking a photo of their driver's license, even if they don't ask to give it a test drive.

I've never sold a car before but I think I've got everything else covered :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

couple blank bills of sale, camera phone, and your stab proof jacket, sounds like you have everything you need.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Seat Safety Switch you're a mensch for Snapchatting this epic voyage for those of us not fortunate enough to participate!

Grouco
Jan 13, 2005

Powershift posted:

couple blank bills of sale, camera phone, and your stab proof jacket, sounds like you have everything you need.

flakes... flakes everywhere...

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Today was a blast guys! I'll try and dig out all of my FC parts before you come and pick the car up.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Someone post pics and story of what has to be the first time a Kijiji seller has held a car for someone ever

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

8ender posted:

Someone post pics and story of what has to be the first time a Kijiji seller has held a car for someone ever

I'll leave the narrative to SSW. Let me say however that 1500quidporsche has without a doubt beaten Powershift in best cheapest car.

I can get DSLR shots of it at 1500's request.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I'll leave the narrative to SSW. Let me say however that 1500quidporsche has without a doubt beaten Powershift in best cheapest car.

I can get DSLR shots of it at 1500's request.

This wouldn't have happened if the mercedes had a clean title :(

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

1500quidporsche has without a doubt beaten Powershift in best cheapest car

Most definitely

drat, son

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
It figures my phone would break the day before this happened so I can't see any of the glorious snapchats :(

Congratulations on your new RX-7 :D

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I can let 1500 handle the narrative, he was there more than I was, thanks to a local delicacy - peyote mixed with Burger Baron mushroom sauce burgers.

When I emerged from my stupor, these photographic images were the only record of my strange journey.

On the way:

I'm particularly proud of the juxtaposition of these two images:

We have lift-off:

And a return to Earth:

At last a diagnosis of the strange coolant eating disease:

But we can all make it if we are as tenacious as this icicle:

Stored for now:

We return home minus the RX7, but with a bond that will never leave us:

This thing is a loving unicorn.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 10, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah I'll post a robust update tomorrow but to suffice to say this thing is in incredible condition. It literally has no rust on it, the interior is in great shape and it comes with a functional engine. It does have some unique handling quirks that kind of killed the idea of driving it down from Edmonton, but once it's down in Calgary it should be an easy fix.

McTinkerson if you can get some DSLR photos that'd be great because I think my lovely phone cam is gonna do it justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
This is excellent. I have nothing of value to add. But this is excellent.