Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dude I just got home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm playing Yo-Kai Watch and it's really not grabbing me. It just seems like a terrible version of Pokemon

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do like the rear end faced yokai cutincheese though that farts debuffs on enemies though

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

imgay posted:

I do like the rear end faced yokai cutincheese though that farts debuffs on enemies though

Figures you'd be so narcissistic.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
The Expanse is really loving good.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm watching wrestling shows from 1995 and I laughed because there was an ad for WWF Pogs , 1000 plus 2 slammers for 21 bucks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a p good deal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol I forgot about this whole little hulk hogan temporary side gimmick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CapitalistPig posted:

lol I forgot about this whole little hulk hogan temporary side gimmick.

There's a "Hulk Hogan in blackface" joke in there somewhere.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

That's a p good deal.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Samfucius posted:

Hey EXAKT, I am a bad Santee because I never got back to you about the cookies. In short, they rule.

Thanks dude!

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

p.s. exakt wen we gun chil dawg

I'm off tomorrow, you and the other Boston Mafia Goons should come up to Manch.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm off tomorrow, you and the other Boston Mafia Goons should come up to Manch.

I can't, football playoffs too important

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

JakeP posted:

I can't, football playoffs too important

The Pats have a bye and the Eagles aren't even playing, what's wrong with you?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also there are bars here with TVs. I know New Hampshire sucks, but they have most of the components of a functioning American society.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Also there are bars here with TVs. I know New Hampshire sucks, but they have most of the components of a functioning American society.

I was just in Dover all day and need to study tomorrow

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

The Pats have a bye and the Eagles aren't even playing, what's wrong with you?

Football playoffs are a must watch/can't miss a minute thing for me. I consider myself a sports fan first and a Philly sports fan second.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

I was just in Dover all day and need to study tomorrow

You're the worst. That said, I'm out early next Saturday and off next Sunday, so let's make it work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm playing Elite Dangerous Horizons cause someone bought it for me and it's an $80 game and so I feel obligated to play it, but my god starting out is the most tedious poo poo and reminds me of why I've never liked an MMO in my life.

You can't go anywhere or do anything compared to anyone else you are playing with. You either die or your ship can't travel as fast or as far as theirs so they're constantly waiting around for you (and sometimes you actually can't find a route to get to where they are). The best I got is to hang around while they kill things and I get one shot off and try not to die so I get some cut of the bounty money, which is boring as hell. Also if they stop protecting you and you die, you get nothing for all your work. I understand you want some progress in your game, but making people starting out completely unable to play with someone who has played even less than 20 hours is garbage mechanics.

It's a pretty game even on my potato of a computer, but it is infuriating and I would have already stopped playing if someone hadn't shelled out so much money for it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i looked it up on steam and its got all negative reviews

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

i looked it up on steam and its got all negative reviews

the negative reviews are from the star citizen cult because its actually a working version of the game they spent $30,000 on for imaginary space ships

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite part is that there are about a dozen tutorials and all but 3 of them are for combat, which is a small part of the game. The other two are for taking off and landing at a station (which are basically identical procedures and don't need to be in two tutorials), and using the FTL system. Except I just learned that the tutorial doesn't tell you the best way to use the FTL and if you do it some other way it is both easier and gives you a lot more options.

There is no basic flying tutorial, landing on a planet tutorial, information on using any of the gadgets your starter ship comes with (nevermind explaining what things you can buy) or how to take on missions.

Like I know it's Early Access (and this is precisely why I don't buy early access games) but goddamn it's annoying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Someone paid 80 bucks for an early access MMO? That's crazy.

I don't really care that much for this whole early access trend, but that's just overboard. I may pay 5-10 bucks for an early access game, but I'd never pay 80 bucks.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

My favourite part is that there are about a dozen tutorials and all but 3 of them are for combat, which is a small part of the game. The other two are for taking off and landing at a station (which are basically identical procedures and don't need to be in two tutorials), and using the FTL system. Except I just learned that the tutorial doesn't tell you the best way to use the FTL and if you do it some other way it is both easier and gives you a lot more options.

There is no basic flying tutorial, landing on a planet tutorial, information on using any of the gadgets your starter ship comes with (nevermind explaining what things you can buy) or how to take on missions.

Like I know it's Early Access (and this is precisely why I don't buy early access games) but goddamn it's annoying.

You should write a very strongly worded email to the developers and demand that they fix these issues or give you your money back.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I don't really care that much for this whole early access trend, but that's just overboard. I may pay 5-10 bucks for an early access game, but I'd never pay 80 bucks.

Obviously, you just aren't adventurous enough.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I have no idea. I wouldn't have bought it, but we are all in a hangout room together and the conversation basically went:

Joe: Hey Bob, wanna play space game?
Bob: Yeah sure.
Me: Space game?

*You have received a gift on steam*

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe its all a big troll and they just actually playing star trek online

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

imgay posted:

maybe its all a big troll and they just actually playing star trek online

I wish I were internet friends with people who could afford such an expensive troll.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
gently caress football, I wanted to play the broncos

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

my roommate and I watched A League of Their Own tonight :3:

we then watched the beatles episode of powepuff girls.

we also ate the fried flesh of a land fowl and drank grasshoppers.

anyway I am having a very good saturday I hope you all are too.

I took a six hour long engineering exam and then went to see a Broadway show.

The show was considerably more enjoyable.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
which show was it the hit broadway show Jersey Boys

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

which show was it the hit broadway show Jersey Boys

I saw "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder". I liked it quite a bit. It was a little shallow, but overall the vignettes of the murders were tremendously entertaining and that made up for it.

Spoilers, murders happen.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I've deranked all the way from 4* to a SILVER.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Deadbeat Dad posted:

dw dude you're still a cool metal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I think if I ever get ranked again I'll be like silver 2, but I think I won't play again.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've been ranking up a ton with ixt

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I think if I ever get ranked again I'll be like silver 2, but I think I won't play again.

wait what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
Was there ever a follow up to the French Revolution game (already the 2nd or 3rd in a series)?
Or another The Cube game?