Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Also I'm not sure your reaction to seeing that picture should be "Ha ha!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FuhrerHat posted:

Also I'm not sure your reaction to seeing that picture should be "Ha ha!"

gently caress off, it's a staged photo and the whole point of it is irony which often elicits a humored response even if it deals with heavy subjects. Get the gently caress out of anything involving humor if you don't think it can even flirt with social issues.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

Kaizoku posted:

gently caress off, it's a staged photo and the whole point of it is irony which often elicits a humored response even if it deals with heavy subjects. Get the gently caress out of anything involving humor if you don't think it can even flirt with social issues.

Yeah he should really think things through before even considering posting on these forums again

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I dunno, a klansman getting shot would elicit a smile from me at the very least, regardless of if he receives medical attention or not.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Inzombiac posted:

I had a Public Policy professor that, on the first day, handed out a 10 page "Pre-test" that said in huge letters on the top READ EVERYTHING BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.
It started off normally but at a few points it would instruct you to declare to the class "I am going to ace this test!" or "Throw your pencil in the air and catch it" among other things.
At the very end it said, "Ignore everything else. Quietly put down the test and your pencil and sit silently until everyone is finished".

Seemed like a funny way for the professor to figure out who is observant and who do not exercise critical thinking.

This test is communicating poorly then acting all smug when you're misunderstood.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I was given that kind of "test" in 4th grade if you can believe it. Only one kid caught on and turned in the sheet right away. Years later different classmates of mine were pretty angry when they were fooled by it but I wasn't going to a second time.

I believe it, I got a few of those tests from 3rd grade till middle school years. Teachers would usually do them as their first 'quiz' at the beginning of the year to pull a fast one over the new students to kick things off.

I'm surprised they use it in university to be honest, felt more like a novelty thing to me.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Parrotine posted:

I believe it, I got a few of those tests from 3rd grade till middle school years. Teachers would usually do them as their first 'quiz' at the beginning of the year to pull a fast one over the new students to kick things off.

I'm surprised they use it in university to be honest, felt more like a novelty thing to me.

I think the idea is that once you get caught by the lolquiz you'll be more careful about reading and following instructions in the future. It's a lesson that just looks like a quiz.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I want to say my 4th grade teacher thought he was super clever because like, it was termed "read each question before completing the test" which is plenty ambiguous, and then was filled with stuff we had gone over recently in class, and finished with "Now that you have gone over every question, turn your paper in to me and sit quietly until everyone is finished." I'm pretty sure it was written explicitly to throw off 4th grade intelligence. That he then made sure to point out how smart the one student was for taking the test correctly only hammers this point home to me. What a douche. I ended up good friends with his son in high school and spent a lot of days sitting on a couch in our third friend's basement watching lovely movies and getting high.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

I want to say my 4th grade teacher thought he was super clever because like, it was termed "read each question before completing the test" which is plenty ambiguous, and then was filled with stuff we had gone over recently in class, and finished with "Now that you have gone over every question, turn your paper in to me and sit quietly until everyone is finished." I'm pretty sure it was written explicitly to throw off 4th grade intelligence. That he then made sure to point out how smart the one student was for taking the test correctly only hammers this point home to me. What a douche. I ended up good friends with his son in high school and spent a lot of days sitting on a couch in our third friend's basement watching lovely movies and getting high.

Sounds like you won in the end bro. Sure showed that guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems like the kind of quiz the Nazi's would give. Follow your orders to the letter and what not.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seems like the kind of quiz the Nazi's would give. Follow your orders to the letter and what not.

I feel like the Nazi's would recruit the ones who failed the test: follows orders without thinking or making an attempt to fully understand the situation.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

no it was the opposite it was more like "first overthrow the government. Next, mobilize for war. If you have done so, then invade Poland. Finally, corral the Jews in labor camps and gas them. If you have read this far, dont do any of the aformentioned stuff, just throw your pencil in the air and say 'heil Hitler'. then wait quietly until 1945."

but no one read that far.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

popewiles posted:

I feel like the Nazi's would recruit the ones who failed the test: follows orders without thinking or making an attempt to fully understand the situation.

But following the instructions to the letter is what would pass the test?:confused:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I think the Nazis would recruit the people who would do the thing I wouldn't do.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Solice Kirsk posted:

But following the instructions to the letter is what would pass the test?:confused:

Following the instructions to the letter means to do most of it. The test tells you to read #1-10. Then when you start executing tasks you should start at #1, not #10, and most of the list should be performed.

The test is bad and any teacher uses it is bad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
We had that test too but the teacher worded it as if you were supposed to reach each individual question before answering it, not the whole thing, so a bunch of students pointed out how dumb and misleading it was.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
??

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Her remains will be fed to stray dogs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Probably in 1972 that lady left money to a dog charity in her will, and the chairy put the money into an investment fund thing where they don't touch the principal but use the interest for doing dog things. So she's helping to feed 50 stray dogs.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

No no, it's one of those riddles like "A cowboy arrives in town on Friday, stays three days, and leaves on Friday. How is this possible?"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

No no, it's one of those riddles like "A cowboy arrives in town on Friday, stays three days, and leaves on Friday. How is this possible?"

Someone froze the goldfish

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

"Man"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Friday is your mum.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Angela Christine posted:

Probably in 1972 that lady left money to a dog charity in her will, and the chairy put the money into an investment fund thing where they don't touch the principal but use the interest for doing dog things. So she's helping to feed 50 stray dogs.
That's rather obvious. I'm just wondering which part is the funny

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nitrox posted:

life

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nitrox posted:

She dead

You
Oct 6, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I am unsure, but could it possibly be the fact that it could also mean that they're feeding her body to the dogs?

Do you think that's why?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You know it doesn't say the dogs were alive. Maybe the dogs were in heaven as proven by that one movie about the dogs going to heaven. Maybe she's feeding 50 dogs up in heaven. But why would heaven have stray dogs? Dog is God spelled backwards so you'd think God would take a vested interest in them.

poo poo, there's nothin comical about this at all.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Friday is your mum.

:thumbsup:

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

You're gonna have to explain this one.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

RatHat posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise

Just realized the poster above me killed it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Still my favourite sign gag of all time.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Something is wrong with this duck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Poor thing looks like it's melting. Can pigeons even swim?

• Locked thread