Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dangerous Mind posted:

I don't have my car with me and the gas station is like a mile away. I think I may sit this one out. Hopefully no one wins and I can get a ticket on Monday. :allears:

Walking 10 minutes takes so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i try slots occasionally, some older lady will typically camp out behind me and take over when i'm done. kind of creepy TBQH.

i've been hitting first two numbers on last few drawings, i should've been playing roulette past week, clearly. :shrug:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

DPRK makes accurate statement :wow:

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Waltzing Along posted:

Walking 10 minutes takes so long.

Yes but I also have to wait 10 minutes in line then walk back for another 10 minutes... And also spend 5 minutes getting dressed...

35 minutes to lose $10

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dangerous Mind posted:

Yes but I also have to wait 10 minutes in line then walk back for another 10 minutes... And also spend 5 minutes getting dressed...

35 minutes to lose $10

but you might just...win!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Let's imagine no one wins this poo poo.

What's the next drawing? 1.3 billion?

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical
I was actually just about to go do it when I got up and realized it's been snowing for the last 2 hours. Now I'm definitely not going.

I hope it hits like 1.5 billion though. And I win it.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:

Dangerous Mind posted:

I was actually just about to go do it when I got up and realized it's been snowing for the last 2 hours. Now I'm definitely not going.

I hope it hits like 1.5 billion though. And I win it.

I had a good feeling u were gonna win

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Let's imagine no one wins this poo poo.

Probably.

Now I'm reading ~75% of the possible numbers have been selected. It looks like someone will be doing this in five hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5byXcQMGg

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got one ticket and two of the numbers are in numerical sequence and that makes my luck chackras get all wobbly.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

FrankieGoes posted:

'Fraid not. 40 in 292,201,338 is still spectacularly lovely odds, but it is not the same as 1 in 292,201,338. You can tell they're not the same, because 1 is not the same number as 40.

But I'm sure the people that sat out of winning office pools and just bought one ticket because "it's the same single pull" totally don't spend the rest of their lives kicking themselves in their own rear end.

Not literally the same exact, but functionally it is. Your odds of winning increase so slightly that anything >0 is roughly the same (unless you're buying millions of dollars worth of tickets).

Geeze i just spent $10,000 on 5,000 tickets and my 0.000000003422297813023704% chance of winning has increased to a 0.0000711148906511852% chance.

I LIKE THOSE ODDS!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i bought a ticket. If I win I'm gonna go to Japan and pay for them to make an anime about Something Awful

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna start a gun show and sell guns to minorities for one dollar and loaded with cop killer bullets. See how fast they change gun laws in this country

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
Man I'm gonna fuckin win me a million dollars here

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm gonna start a gun show and sell guns to minorities for one dollar and loaded with cop killer bullets. See how fast they change gun laws in this country

I'm envisioning an increase in local/state taxes and suddenly all the cops are driving around in tanks and terminator suits with that new $$$.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

boom boom boom posted:

i bought a ticket. If I win I'm gonna go to Japan and pay for them to make an anime about Something Awful

we already have the Doom House anime

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Lady in front of me in line dropped $80 in tickets. How much have you guys seen?

I dropped $10 in voluntary taxes because...A BILLION loving DOLLARS!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hector Beerlioz posted:

we already have the Doom House anime

It didn't feature A Starwar Betamax as a cute high school girl

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LegoPirateNinja posted:

DPRK makes accurate statement :wow:

someone's just salty that our lottery takes eclipse their entire economy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Just bought a ticket. Wish me luck, everyone!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
6 tickets, can't wait to live the dream of my first win ever! For 4 dollars. Net profit -$8.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:

jon joe posted:

6 tickets, can't wait to live the dream of my first win ever! For 4 dollars. Net profit -$8.

Hahaha fat chance

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
With a Billion on the line someone is gonna get shot.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

VR Native American posted:

With a Billion on the line someone is gonna get shot.

i don't understand this line of reasoning. how would shooting someone increase your chances of claiming the billion dollar jackpot?

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Novo posted:

i don't understand this line of reasoning. how would shooting someone increase your chances of claiming the billion dollar jackpot?

Nice try but I'm not gonna just give out my number picking system.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goons are dumb and paranoid. One dude hired a hit man to kill his brother over 16 million but that dude was bonkers.

We aren't Necromorphs. We don't keep what we kill.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Novo posted:

anyone with the winning ticket can claim the prise

e: i think ice cube made a movie about that

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm gonna win, feeling good tonight.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Just sacrificed a child to Baal, I can feel my luck increasing.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Just sacrificed a child to Baal, I can feel my luck increasing.

I'm hoping this is true.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I win, every poster in this thread gets $1,000 cash.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If I win, every stripper on the east coast gets $1,000 cash- eventually- it'll take some time to work my way around.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

One time I bought a lotto ticket.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

If I win a lot, I'm going to make a big budget remake of Flesh Gordon

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i put down 4 bucks for 2 tickets to into a pot with some co workers cuz gently caress me if they actually win and i'm the only one sitting out

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

No. 6 posted:

If I win, every poster in this thread gets $1,000 cash.

"It's hard to frown counting thousand dollars cash"
-607, Block Monster

Seasonal Candles
Aug 5, 2015

Metaprocesses bloom like cancer, and awaken, and call themselves I
I'm gonna win

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

VendaGoat posted:

Minimum, probably higher when everyone freaks out about becoming an instant billionaire.

Except you are stupid if you don't take the cash value option and the cash value option is probably going to be less than a billion so it will take you a few years to become a billionaire if you don't blow all your money on hookers and blow.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The types of idiots that usually win the lottery would probably be better off with the annuity. The annuity is super lovely for anyone with sense, but if you don't have any sense at least you can't run yourself into the ground immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
First thing I'll do when I win is open a high quality dog shack in reform AL that gives away free food to put doobie out of business

• Locked thread