Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Geniasis posted:

"I'd love to say there's some clever deep strategy but it is just genuinely hilarious."

Haha, I appreciate their honesty.

I appreciate that pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
"And here is Dog with the weather. Dog?"

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'd watch a news channel if the co-anchor was a dog.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Will this do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUzl_VrumM

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

HogX posted:

I'd watch a news channel if the co-anchor was a dog.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

The monkey is named Naruto. Believe it!

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

This is from channel 4 in Nashville. The dog is named Dagny and belongs to the weatherman, and he brings her on air every Friday morning. She has her own facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/DagnyTheDog/?fref=ts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dagny is a stupid name for a dog. I would have called her Muffins. Or Pancake. Or Biscuit........I think maybe I need to eat breakfast.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That's a goodass dog.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Ha! I've actually watched several of these to pick up recipes and technique tips. The dog never misbehaves. It's kinda unnerving after a while.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We must act to stop them from seizing Wingdings!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Maybe we can get them to bomb Comic Sans...

Found this story:

Teen fatally overdoses on deodorant spray

quote:

A British teen who was found collapsed on the landing outside his room at a children's home last August died from using too much spray-on deodorant, the Telegraph reports.

"He sprayed it all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas," Kent Online quotes the coroner as saying. A doctor says 16-year-old Thomas Townsend died from "circulation collapse caused by butane gas inhalation." The cause of death came to light at an inquest this week, reports Metro.co.uk.

“He would not take showers but would stand there with a deodorant and spray half the can on him," says the teen's mother. "Then he would spray aftershave to cover up BO."

Police found 42 cans of deodorant, hair spray, and other products in Townsend's room at the children's home near Folkestone, Kent Online reports. His mother says she didn't know her son had so many cans but says he was "a big hoarder."

Zero One has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Jan 10, 2016

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"Let them take Papyrus, let them take Hobo and Bleeding Cowboy. We will meet them on the plains of Helvetica and we will erase them!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zero One posted:

Maybe we can get them to bomb Comic Sans...

Found this story:

Teen fatally overdoses on deodorant spray

So are we just pretending that he didn't huff all this?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's the British version of fan death. It's just something they print in the papers to avoid embarrassing the family.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Don't bath, just spray yourself with bacteria.

How a Man Has Gone 12 Years Without Bathing Make sure you take a gander at this dude.

quote:

How a Man Has Gone 12 Years Without Bathing

(Newser) – A live bacteria spray meant to restore skin with healthy microbes erased by obsessive cleaning has at least one weighty endorsement: It's used daily by a guy who hasn't showered in more than 12 years, per CBS Boston. David Whitlock—a chemical engineer who manages not to scare away friends and neighbors—helped found Massachusetts company AOBiome in 2013 after making a surprise discovery about dirt. Soon after a date asked him why her horse rolled in the stuff, Whitlock discovered that ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) in dirt converts sweat's urea and ammonia into good bacteria with anti-inflammatory properties. He also guessed AOB lived on the skin of our ancestors before cleaning products were invented, and he began covering his body with a mixture of AOB and water. Not only did his skin look and smell fine, but Whitlock says the mixture did wonders for his mental health, reports Bloomberg.

Now on the market for $49, the odorless Mother Dirt AO+ Mist—to be used twice a day—makes no health claims, per Beta Boston. Clients, including a New York Times writer, say it clears up acne and eczema and eliminates the need for deodorants and moisturizers, but "we need to do clinical trials," Whitlock says. "My biggest fear is the FDA shutting us down if they think we're making false claims." A rep says promoting a bacteria-based product—that isn't harmful even if ingested—is difficult when "we live in a world with Purell on every corner." But humans have "confused clean with sterile." The company recently released $15 live-bacteria shower gel and shampoo and is working to get FDA approval for bacteria treatments of skin conditions and wounds. In the meantime, Whitlock hopes to see his spray take off: "I would like a billion people a day to use this," he says.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yeah, yeah I could see this guy not showering for 12 years.

edit: he looks like he has visible comic stink lines coming off of him in the pic

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

It's the British version of fan death. It's just something they print in the papers to avoid embarrassing the family.

What's fan death?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's fan death?
In cases of death by misadventure in Korea, it would be reported that they were suffocated or died of hypothermia by running their fan overnight to preserve the honor of the family.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

In cases of death by misadventure in Korea, it would be reported that they were suffocated or died of hypothermia by running their fan overnight to preserve the honor of the family.

Misadventure, in this case, usually means suicide and such.

Fan death is somehow pretty well accepted as a fact over there, with the Korean government even backing the myth.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zedprime posted:

I like how you used a different euphemism to explain this euphemism.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wanamingo posted:

Misadventure, in this case, usually means suicide and such.

Fan death is somehow pretty well accepted as a fact over there, with the Korean government even backing the myth.

My understanding is that it's used for situations where a huge risk was taken on voluntarily, like with an accidental risk but with the victim knowingly placing themself in that situation

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Geniasis posted:

My understanding is that it's used for situations where a huge risk was taken on voluntarily, like with an accidental risk but with the victim knowingly placing themself in that situation
Haha yeah, best to keep believing that because the truth ranges from "killed self" to "heroin overdose" to "heart attack with a big purple dildo up the butt." Its the catchall for dumb ways to die when either being polite or trying to make the obituary sound a bit more interesting.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Geniasis posted:

So it's for when people die attempting a choke 'n stroke?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Slime posted:

Wasn't this one of the suspected causes behind the "teen suicide epidemic" in the 1990's?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUVNEN8dr5I

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Slime posted:

Ah yes, the silent victims.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

zedprime posted:

Haha yeah, best to keep believing that because the truth ranges from "killed self" to "heroin overdose" to "heart attack with a big purple dildo up the butt." Its the catchall for dumb ways to die when either being polite or trying to make the obituary sound a bit more interesting.

Is that different from what I said? Those are all deaths that happened because of something risky that the victim knowingly got themself into, unlike suicide where they're trying to die, or accidental, where they're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Borommakott posted:

"And here is Dog with the weather. Dog?"

:v: "Sparky says the weather's gonna be 'ruff', take it slow out there folks!"
:regd09: "Oh gently caress off, Kevin"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Ozz81 posted:

:v: "Sparky says the weather's gonna be 'ruff', take it slow out there folks!"
:regd09: "Oh gently caress off, Kevin"

:v: What? He also says to expect lots of freezing rain and low visibility, so driving conditions will be worsened! Excuse me for being brief for the viewers at home!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love that image so much.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
e: wrong thread

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Vanilla ISIS Doesn’t Appreciate Your Bag Of Dicks

Ingrates.

EDIT:

Perhaps the Gawker link will be more reliable:

Angry Militia Leader: "Stop Mailing Us Dildos!"

budgieinspector has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Jan 13, 2016

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Link isn't working for me right now.

He's too busy smashing pots and being a hen teaser :haw:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

They need some Chuck Tingle books to read.