Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
:mediocre:

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I was interested in this run because I didn't know what this game was like and now I think it looks terrible.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Adhesion posted:

He just explained that DLC all bosses was not marathon safe at the time of AGDQ submission and still isn't really now

Yeah I'm gonna listen to the guy who exclusively runs 1.0 dupe any%.

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Rorus Raz posted:

The past like 3-4 marathons have had Isaac runs and they were all bad. People suggested Rebirth, and they ran that at SGDQ last year and it looks like they finally got the hint this year.

oh Jesus...

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
They needed a more enthusiastic reading of "AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA".

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
this run is loving awful lol

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Oh you won't be seeing John Cena anytime soon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh so he doesn't even fight SoY legitimately :v:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this category is so bad

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
haha this is so lovely

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
You may notice the bosses aren't fighting back

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

argondamn posted:

noobest is loving amazing don't compare him to this hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEFrs-m2PE

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

itskage posted:

I was interested in this run because I didn't know what this game was like and now I think it looks terrible.

it really is a good game if you like souls games, it's just the run sucks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was gonna buy a ps4 for this game...

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
If he's running the game unpatched he should've just let the game run for hours before hand since there's a memory leak that fucks up all the enemy AI. That would have at least been interesting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

would've been a good purchase.

cronox2 posted:

If he's running the game unpatched he should've just let the game run for hours before hand since there's a memory leak that fucks up all the enemy AI. That would have at least been interesting.

that makes vicar amelia harder.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

The game is great when it's not being played in the worst way by a nerd who sucks at it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man I'm glad I caved and watched an LP of Bloodborne rather than have this trainwreck be my first experience with it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

It's a good game, but you wouldn't know it from this guy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
how could you watch more than 5 minutes of the video for this when you're approving runs and after reading BLOODBORNE for 3 minutes of the video, decide to approve it, much less put it in the finale lineup

it just reminds me of looking at this game on Twitch when it launched and like 60% of the preview windows on twitch were loading screens

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

This game is a thousand times better than this guy is making it look, it deserves a much better runner and a much better run

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
holy gently caress I could legitimately do this better

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did something go way over time? According to the schedule Super Metroid is supposed to start in 5 minutes. I'd be okay with them euthanizing this garbage early.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I know everyone says Bloodborne is amazing and such a great game but I just can't get into it and this run isn't helping.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

this feels like an overnight run

pissbreak between the big finale games. Gives everyone time to grab dinner, get their stuff ready for checkout tomorrow, and all that. Kind of the organizers to put this here, really.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Internet Kraken posted:

Well then you'd be pretty hasty in judging the game given you've seen a total of two areas.

EDIT: To be more specific, the game mostly has a muted color palette but the landscape gets really weird and hosed up in a lot of places. I dunno how many of those we'll actually see though.

The details in the game are hard to see when the game has a bright blue overlay.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hell, i'd never played final fantasy, but according to the agdq run i watched this year you just climb a staircase over and over until it softlocks?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I was saying boo-urns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I own dark souls 1 and 2 on steam and I've never beaten them

or even made it far

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I don't understand how someone would watch 20 minutes of a niche speed run and use that to completely make a decision about a game :psyduck:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

itskage posted:

the game is ownage but this is gonna make it look like total poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do have a good controller now, which I never had before tho

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
NOT THE DOLL :gonk:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

itskage posted:

If you want to see good speedruns, Distortion2 and Santzo84 are pretty good at this.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Minrad posted:

this run is loving awful lol

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
bloodborne looks like poo poo and the only way ill believe otherwise is if someone proves it by buying me a copy + dlc and all dark soulses

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I was expecting a corner Kelly.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
As someone who has been somewhat obsessed with Bloodborne lately, this run is boring and depressing. What an awful first impression for people unfamiliar to the game. We'll probably never see BB at again GDQ again thanks to this, good job guys.

• Locked thread