Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Depths posted:

*wipes sweat on towel*

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish they'd read my donation cuz it's a joke about that.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
The best thing about this run is the whining of the goons itt about their favourite game not shown "correctly".

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

For our family friendly stream, here's the corpse mountain boss.

Well I think abortion ghost is optional at least

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

GenericGirlName posted:

what is the vetting process like for getting a run into agdq? Like did this dude propose that he should do this run and they approved it, or did they approve a bloodborne run and then this guy was the only one they could find?
I'm just trying to understand how this could have happened.

I'm a bit curious too, I get why they put Bloodborne on the list, it's the latest Souls game and they're usually pretty fun to watch someone speed run, but there are a hundred runners who are better and more charismatic/interesting that would make the run amazing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:darksouls:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
The atmosphere in the room is just so :geno:.

At least Bubbles Del Fuego is on the couch. I loved his Elder Scrolls stuff from SGDQ '15.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The best part of Bloodborne is the bosses and the only good one this one shows off is Rom :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Junkozeyne posted:

The best thing about this run is the whining of the goons itt about their favourite game not shown "correctly".

is it whining when it's correct.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Aah, Kos, or some say Kosm

I'm glad Bloodborne is getting the run it deserves

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Junkozeyne posted:

disagree there is no best thing

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
*Wails on a thing that doesn't fight back for 30 seconds while tanking damage from fireballs*
"That was a really good fight"

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Ahaha get hosed on your birthday son

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Alabaster White posted:

lol

I hope he dies to Micolash

it could never come out and still save time, probably

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015
Oh God that birthday song was depressing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

anemic happy birthday makes me sad

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

cronox2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfwfJW1xui0

He actually excuses his garbage play on the fact that it's running at full speed on the AGDQ computer.
In his defense the original Binding of Isaac was coded in like two months. It's amazing it even works.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

BLOODBORNE

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Better than another 6 hour loving Zelda run
monster hunter 3, dota 2, starcraft 2, fire emblem awakening, stepmania, final fantasy, mad catz controller showcase, tinybuild game block, binding of isaac random seed run, zork, dear esther

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
:what: "Happy Birthday"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Junkozeyne posted:

lol did you think this was a good post to make

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

blueglass is the jester to the gods

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO SORRY TO INTERRUPT YOUR DONATION IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

*wipe on towel*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so when is the color supposed to appear in this game

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
"I'm not going to spoil the game" :confused:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

goldjas posted:

I'm so confused why we have this runner running this category of Bloodborne. Bloodborne as the 3rd to last game makes a lot of sense, but not with a lovely runner and a lovely category.

Bloodborne as a full run with a good runner would be a worthwhile run. Seeing someone break the game skilfully with parries and dodges is always fun to watch. Skill like that we could all respect.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"Ten dollars to saving the animals and never touching your towel"

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
my wish for a future gdq is that someone submits videos of someone else running a game, get in, then show up and have no idea how to run it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

why would this victorian gothic horror game have a realistic color scheme.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

GenericGirlName posted:

what is the vetting process like for getting a run into agdq? Like did this dude propose that he should do this run and they approved it, or did they approve a bloodborne run and then this guy was the only one they could find?
I'm just trying to understand how this could have happened.

Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 runs were really cool so they probably scheduled it based on that.They are games that are designed to be quite non-linear, and there are lots of bugs and glitches and a skilled player can do cool stuff. This guy is a charisma void and sucks though and the game has ridiculous load times.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Better than another 6 hour loving Zelda run

That run was awesome.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo

Minrad posted:

so uh there's a big time skip for this game where it finally comes out on PC and then uh you save about 15 minutes on load screens

It already exists, it's called the latest patch.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

monster hunter 3, dota 2, starcraft 2, fire emblem awakening, stepmania, final fantasy, mad catz controller showcase, tinybuild game block, binding of isaac random seed run, zork, dear esther

If any of these runs were on right now I'd complain about them too but admittedly they would all be better than this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Did you miss the sky being red and purple in the last area? But like I said, it has a muted colour palette it saves to make stuff look really strange and otherworldly. A lot of the great ones are extremely bright to contrast with the darkness of the game.

But again, Rom is the only one you see in this run so its a terrible way to judge the game!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

why would this victorian gothic horror game have a realistic color scheme.
because it would look better

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This guy is seriously me when I've been up for 72 hours straight with no coffee

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

AvidAcid posted:

my wish for a future gdq is that someone submits videos of someone else running a game, get in, then show up and have no idea how to run it

Pretty sure with all the ridiculous nitpicking that the internet at large does any time the GDQ committee makes a decision on something this would get noticed in, at best, an hour.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

because it would look better

it's the best looking game of the current gen (non-PC i mean ofc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

cronox2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfwfJW1xui0

He actually excuses his garbage play on the fact that it's running at full speed on the AGDQ computer.

why does the game look so different

• Locked thread