Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Was it one of those builds where they take a heavy or medium, give it just a single gauss rifle and spend the rest of their tonnage on ammo?
Don't mock MechCommander Hollander roleplay guys. If I want to further my immerison by roleplaying the Inner Sphere loyal but secretly trueborn Captain Harrington Davion-Kerensky, piloting an honorabru-ly inefficient mech then by God sir I will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To conquer Terra I bid one Urbanmech.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

DancingShade posted:

Was it one of those builds where they take a heavy or medium, give it just a single gauss rifle and spend the rest of their tonnage on ammo?

King crab, I can only imagine they were very new. It was one of the matches where one side is LRMs and the other "snipers". I was a MPL build, so I just hung out and watched this guy for about half the match.

How do I screenshot in this game? Do I have to use fraps? I just keep getting a black screen.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Bait and Swatch posted:

King crab, I can only imagine they were very new. It was one of the matches where one side is LRMs and the other "snipers". I was a MPL build, so I just hung out and watched this guy for about half the match.

How do I screenshot in this game? Do I have to use fraps? I just keep getting a black screen.

Screenshot is print screen key. The shot will be in users/your name/saved games/Mechwarrior online/screenshot

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Guys the LPL Locust 1V is seriously bonkers, you gotta try it

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Bait and Swatch posted:

That only happens if you are playing in Fullscreen. If you do windowed-no-border or just windowed then it'll work fine.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Love Stole the Day posted:

That only happens if you are playing in Fullscreen. If you do windowed-no-border or just windowed then it'll work fine.

I'd change it, but playing windowed with this game makes my second monitor start flickering like crazy for some reason.

The Repo Man posted:

Screenshot is print screen key. The shot will be in users/your name/saved games/Mechwarrior online/screenshot

I'll check that folder, thanks.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

TVDinna posted:

I have mech ADD, and I usually can't play a single mech for extended periods of time and so I'm always wasting way too much time on smurfy.
I was going through various quirks and hardpoints just messing around to look for the next mech I want to play.

I think this might be hugely undervalued but potentially very strong mech:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=94&l=a395d5acf6725eef80b7a9ef2401c71f7474f966

Kintaro KTO-20: 25% Energy Range, -15% Laser Burn Time, and additional structure on all components.
438 Range with a .55s burn for LPLs. You can run very fast (95.7/102.9 ST) to help protect the buttholes of Fatlases from lights and 3 LPLs is no joke when it comes to dishing out some pain.
Stick on the 2 LPL modules and it shoots faster and even further out.

The BJ-Arrow can do the same fitting with better quirks and is 10 tons lighter with JJ capacity but KTO-20 is faster and 2 of the lasers are mounted to the arms so there's potential to have a bigger range of motion for damage application.
I'd argue Arrows are probably way too OP right now and probably will get nerfed but I don't see the KTO-20 getting nerfed without some other mechs getting the nerf bat first.

Blackjack are good and The Arrow is wonderful and they are in that sweet spot of 45 tons so you can basically be added to any group and not mess up the other players tonnage.

The Kintaros look great on paper, I made the mistake of buying them and the Golden Boy when it was on sale. They are loving awful. Their hitboxes are absolutely terrible. I died in a single LRM volley at full armor in one of them because every single missile hit my CT. I didn't last long in any other match. Their weapon positioning is garbage, their CT missile slot can't hold two Artemis 4s, and inexplicably has a door you have to remember to default open; and even with Artemis their launchers are so far apart it's like your launching Tetris blocks.

Anything they can do you are much better off doing with a Griffon or a Wolverine.

Except maybe boating LRM-5s. Which you shouldn't do. But if you must, do it on a Mad Dog. But no really don't.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Bait and Swatch posted:

I'll check that folder, thanks.

Something that's been happening to me, that I forgot to mention, is that sometimes I need to hit Print Screen 3-4 times before it takes a screenshot. I have no clue why. You don't have any way to tell until you go into the folder to see if the shot was taken. Probably a V-Sync issue.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So out of curiosity, can you actually buy MC with steam wallet funds other than the steam packs or no?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

novaSphere posted:

Never not drop with a Locust. They are beautiful and amazing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

novaSphere posted:

Since no one posted this in a while and I couldn't figure it out until Patton helped, to fit a LPL on the Locust with an XL190, you need to have 1 point of armour on each arm, 9 on the head, and have both Ferro and Endo.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Since no one posted this in a while and I couldn't figure it out until Patton helped, to fit a LPL on the Locust with an XL190, you need to have 1 point of armour on each arm, 9 on the head, and have both Ferro and Endo.

what are you talking about?

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=106&l=0edc338e8371cc9be7258190a0340231c25a0c1c

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes, you can also do it by taking armour off other places. The important thing to note is that you need to take armour off (also there's no reason not to go ferro/endo, you have the slots and it lets you take more armour).

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes, you can also do it by taking armour off other places. The important thing to note is that you need to take armour off (also there's no reason not to go ferro/endo, you have the slots and it lets you take more armour).

okay

...but you don't need ferro

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

starkebn
May 18, 2004

yes, but the post came across to me as if building a Locust was some sort of complicated feat

whatever, enough words about it

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Instead let's keep talking about bad mechs that I like since aod probably hasn't seen enough of them !

Why not put an XL 350 off that king crab and put it on a Zeus with two ac 5's and three large lasers? I think 5 tons of ammo should be more than enough!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lonjon posted:

If you activate the free week of premium time, does it also activate a month's worth of banked premium time?

https://mwomercs.com/rewards

Reward time is activated immediately, but if it's banked time you can activate 30 day blocks of it via your profile page in a web browser.

IIRC doing it ingame is bad, so I never did it that way.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
My wife got a new phone, and found this in her saved memos: https://soundcloud.com/bait_and_swatch/bad-bad-bad

I don't remember what goon made it, but its a song of buzzcutpsycho telling his buddies how bad they are at planetside. If anyone runs into him, please play it for him for nostalgia's sake.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

My wife got a new phone, and found this in her saved memos: https://soundcloud.com/bait_and_swatch/bad-bad-bad

I don't remember what goon made it, but its a song of buzzcutpsycho telling his buddies how bad they are at planetside. If anyone runs into him, please play it for him for nostalgia's sake.

That would make one hell of a warhorn.

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

what happens if you can't follow simple directions and forget the clearance code and the comment field for the goonrathi forums?

goat manilla fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 10, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

goat manilla posted:

what happens if you can't follow simple directions and forget the clearance code and the comment field for the goonrathi forums?

We laugh at you to your face and show AoD your bad builds to trigger him so that his blood pressure skyrockets and he bursts a blood vessel in his brain and dies.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Skoll posted:

We laugh at you to your face and show AoD your bad builds to trigger him so that his blood pressure skyrockets and he bursts a blood vessel in his brain and dies.

Let's do a round of builds to make aod mad

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

I don't know what that means yet.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenVulgarity posted:

My go-to shitbuild is a 4xERPPC Cicada, but it's so obviously a terrible troll build I don't think he'd take it seriously.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I like to run 2xERPPC Shadow Cats with both on the same firing group.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Bait and Swatch posted:

I don't know if you really want to do that. The guy built his huge audience of stupid gamers by drawing attention through big claims and whole-hog "politically incorrect"/bigoted jackassery. This wouldn't embarrass him, it'd just further validate his approach and even worse make him feel relevant again.

Don't encourage Video Games Donald Trump.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How's this for a MAD-5D build: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=346&l=94428a742caee9b8dcbf58493eadd41ade9a8519

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Ive got some bad builds:

TDR-5S-Mixed ranges

TDR-5S-Technically better but not actually better

TDR-5S-Why am I even alive

I'm eliting with the 5S and I just don't know what do do with it. 4 LL just seems so boring and I don't like that one of them is on the arm.

TDR-5S-Most correct but dull and somehow has the worst DPS

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ZenVulgarity posted:

My new _____________ uses a XL engine and MG's.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

starkebn posted:

okay

...but you don't need ferro

Sorry for more words about this, but you really should use Ferro on this. You'll want max torso and leg armor at the very least; you get a little free armor on your LA/RA and your head won't get hit unless you get really unlucky with an air/arty strike. The 1V has a lot of extra structure, but when you're at 20 tons you really need to squeeze every little bit of extra survivability out.

Here's what I use: LCT-1V

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Skoll posted:

I like to run 2xERPPC Shadow Cats with both on the same firing group.

Beet Wagon posted:

My go-to shitbuild is a 4xERPPC Cicada, but it's so obviously a terrible troll build I don't think he'd take it seriously.

holy poo poo do I love those awful guns.

I run almost the exact same thing, except I have a bigger engine and regular medium lasers on mine.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like ppcs

I wish they were good

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armchairyoda posted:

My new _____________ uses a XL engine and MG's.

Unless _________ is a piranha, then yes, this will get me every time.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

A.o.D. posted:

Unless _________ is a piranha, then yes, this will get me every time.

"I have two MGs and ten tons of ammo, do I need more ammo? Also I put it in half tons because if any of it gets detonated it'll do less damage."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
brb, having an apoplectic seizure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I run almost the exact same thing, except I have a bigger engine and regular medium lasers on mine.

Okay, cool, thanks. It felt a little wasteful not fitting multiple LPLs, but I don't like them for brawling. The 300 comes with, so it saves me a lot of C-bills.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A.o.D. posted:

holy poo poo do I love those awful guns.

Well then I have just the build for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

brb, having an apoplectic seizure.

loving goons. I actually liked AoD unlike the rest of you plebs. RIP in peace brother.

• Locked thread