Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

steinrokkan posted:

Cuck has an interesting and amusing life in the political circles, as an insult adopted by the Conservatives to insult weaklings in their own ranks. Nevertheless, I don't think a political doc would be appreciated at all.

It's annoying as hell everywhere else.

I wanted to do a Freep document, because they actually are pretty funny even if they are terrible people, but I found it hard to actually collect good quotes that weren't either really short or really racist.

Off the top of my head I can only think of one good, long-form post that would be worth putting in. And that's a fairly old post (it namedrops the H1N1 vaccine) where someone theorizes a civil war started by small cells of True Patriots, that slowly grows into martial law as they recruit others from the obviously sympathetic military that get sent to stop them, that at some point start publicly executing Obama supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Cleretic posted:

I wanted to do a Freep document, because they actually are pretty funny even if they are terrible people, but I found it hard to actually collect good quotes that weren't either really short or really racist.

Off the top of my head I can only think of one good, long-form post that would be worth putting in. And that's a fairly old post (it namedrops the H1N1 vaccine) where someone theorizes a civil war started by small cells of True Patriots, that slowly grows into martial law as they recruit others from the obviously sympathetic military that get sent to stop them, that at some point start publicly executing Obama supporters.

Now I want to hear Kumquatxop read dalereed's posts.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PUGGERNAUT posted:

¨
Yes, Hi, HELLO, just lie DOWN! in the STREET and DIE, BYE!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Ftfy

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I think that's the assumed default state of humanity.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalensc posted:

I recently picked up a PS4 and was doing some basic reading on well-reviewed games from the past two years and whatnot and holy poo poo I didn't realize the stupid #GG thing was that drat ubiquitous across all sites and boards and whatnot. I think it took three clicks to go from a reputable review site to something worse than stormfront.

I assumed it was an insanely-vocal super-minority but I guess it's an hyper-insanely-vocal sorta-minority?

I know someone who had to close accounts because she retweeted an article that a coworker wrote. She did this on a twitter connected to her work as a video game programmer.

That's Gamergate, a lot of assholes making a lot of noise.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ohh, just the stuff from the Best Game Ever competition forum reacting to Undertale leading/winning would make an entire episode by itself.

This was hilarious. Even people on v were getting legitimately mad over a video game poll for 14 year olds

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

DrManiac posted:

This was hilarious. Even people on v were getting legitimately mad over a video game poll for 14 year olds

A video game poll that, in a previous year, voted the L-block from Tetris as the best character of all time.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sadly it looks like Gamefaqs doesn't archive its forum posts past 5 pages, so much for that. :(

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sadly it looks like Gamefaqs doesn't archive its forum posts past 5 pages, so much for that. :(
Wayback?

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker

dijon du jour posted:

A video game poll that, in a previous year, voted the L-block from Tetris as the best character of all time.
L-block is about as well realized as most video game protagonists.

Gamergate, if you could separate out the worst, most explicit misogyny, is a much funnier subject than freep or antivax types, because ultimately the thing they care about with such intensity is relatively frivolous, and yet they are such monumental assholes about it. Even with context they are pathetic to outsiders, not that they can't ruin things by being shitheads.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Heteroy posted:

Gamergate, if you could separate out the worst, most explicit misogyny, is a much funnier subject than freep or antivax types, because ultimately the thing they care about with such intensity is relatively frivolous, and yet they are such monumental assholes about it. Even with context they are pathetic to outsiders, not that they can't ruin things by being shitheads.

I'm not sure the Venn of "hilariously mad about pixels" and "writes more than a two-line YouTube shitpost" isn't close to a regular circle. The longer stuff that can really anchor an F Plus episode is usually just depressing.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Gore Ax is on the mic in AGDQ

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Grondoth posted:

Gore Ax is on the mic in AGDQ

It's also the Awful Games block! Starting with Lagoon, which is one of those absolutely garbage games that I can tell I would've been really into if I got as a kid.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The Sherlock fan fiction episode gets a lot harder to listen to after you've actually watched some Sherlock.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Gimnbo posted:

The Sherlock fan fiction episode gets a lot harder to listen to after you've actually watched some Sherlock.

What, because now you have a mental image of Bonerdick Cummerbund?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gimnbo posted:

What fascinates me about Sherlock fanatics is the crazy tumblr crowd also fits into the ones who made up the asexual episode.

You think they would be offended with authors shipping an asexual with someone else or whatever the gently caress.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Mors Rattus posted:

What, because now you have a mental image of Bonerdick Cummerbund?

Also because before I saw the show I was picturing Watson as the short, bushy-mustached, bowler hat-wearing version.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gimnbo posted:

Also because before I saw the show I was picturing Watson as the short, bushy-mustached, bowler hat-wearing version.

Yea at least a normal guy could jerk off to that

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Heteroy posted:

It's just not worth it though, since they rub shoulders with legitimately dangerous people who go after anyone that slights them, like Milo Yiannopoulos writing articles to direct harassment at anyone gamergate hates no matter how unnotable, or 8channers doxxing every single GG target they can find. GGers retaliate hard, especially against women.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Tracula posted:

What fascinates me about Sherlock fanatics is the crazy tumblr crowd also fits into the ones who made up the asexual episode.

You think they would be offended with authors shipping an asexual with someone else or whatever the gently caress.

Oh, there's been plenty of that, don't you worry. It's not particularly funny, but it exists.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love how blown out of proportion this gamergate "affair" is in the minds of both its proponents, and especially its detractors.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gamergate stuff also brings out the people who like yelling really loudly about why nobody should care and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Basically, it ruins everything, they should never do an episode on it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i like the fplus podcast

i also like the podcast i dont even own a television which has a new episode on a self-help book by curtis james jackson (aka 50 cent)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The next person to talk about Gamergate in this thread gets their neg hole pozzed.

My favorite episode is the Juggalo one (mostly because of the bad Juggalo puns).

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The next person to talk about Gamergate in this thread gets their neg hole pozzed.

My favorite episode is the Juggalo one (mostly because of the bad Juggalo puns).

I don't know what a guggalo is...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

gamergate gamergate gamergate

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

My favorite episode is still the Roy Orbison one.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

omnibobb posted:

gamergate gamergate gamergate

:nws:

http://hilaritycomics.tumblr.com/tagged/Those+Guys/page/3
http://hilaritycomics.tumblr.com/tagged/Those+Guys/page/2
http://hilaritycomics.tumblr.com/tagged/Those+Guys

:nws:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i was really disappointed that 50 cent did not personally give me 50 laws to follow

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Afraid of Audio posted:

i like the fplus podcast

i also like the podcast i dont even own a television which has a new episode on a self-help book by curtis james jackson (aka 50 cent)

50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) was shot this one time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Seeing that AB is active:
Will there be more Left Handed Radio episodes?
Also if would be interesting to see LHR contributors as guest readers
Also my ideas are horrible and poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Älso it!s a travesty that Lou's song "Give me some nog" has never been used in the podcast.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the fact that we dont have episode 200 today is a conspiracy i tells ya

bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Oh my god oh my god oh my god.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

it's taking me 100% of my willpower to not interrupt the recording i'm making RIGHT NOW to tell them about this episode

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

steinrokkan posted:

Seeing that AB is active:
Will there be more Left Handed Radio episodes?
Also if would be interesting to see LHR contributors as guest readers
Also my ideas are horrible and poo poo

I'm working on a new episode now. There are some other things in the works. We did a lot of non-podcast projects last year, but I want to get back to basics. Also, I keep trying to get Anna to join in on a F Plus recording. She's the only one I live with.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I want you to know that you're my favorite, Adam Bozarth, and I might be in love with you. Not sure. I have a lot of thinking to do.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I felt like this episode buried the lead at about halfway in.

STIFFY IN A JIFFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs