Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
I think these bios are lasting until tomorrow 10 est. I've been logging on in the morning & still getting these rewards, including the ones last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Very good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
The way they post it is confusing, lost in translation I think!

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Got overdrive on silk after like 5 rolls. Still 8 levels from 50 on her too. This is a good game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dreamofpower posted:

I think these bios are lasting until tomorrow 10 est. I've been logging on in the morning & still getting these rewards, including the ones last week.

I've been getting the usual 7 days to grab these gifts, so no need to clock-watch for these gifts if you play a couple times a day.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

AllanGordon posted:

Got overdrive on silk after like 5 rolls. Still 8 levels from 50 on her too. This is a good game.

My poor Silk is still only 2 but quoting this so I remember

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Silk is legit. I love my level 60 silk. I'm leveling all of my secondary characters now and it's /sadface how much they suck compared to silk/shulk/Nico.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I've spent less than 3.5 million to roll eight iso 8 sets across my characters. Not settling on sets, but the ones I wanted.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Regarding the rewards: at some point they said they revised the schedule so that as long as you log in at least once per 24 hours you get em all. I've been doing it thrice daily just in case, however.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Still really enjoying this so far, first real dive into a F2P game. So far all I've bought is the Stark stash which is a really, really good deal. Debating on my next costume purchase, Blingpin, Throot or Super Spoderman? Who am I kidding, gotta go with the bling.

Also throwing my name on the friend me, I'm lonely pile: Bird Law.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

punchymcpunch posted:

Regarding the rewards: at some point they said they revised the schedule so that as long as you log in at least once per 24 hours you get em all. I've been doing it thrice daily just in case, however.

The original posts had 26 hour windows IIRC.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just started this yesterday and it's a lot of fun. Rolling with Ironman(3s)/Captain America(2s)/Spider-man(3s) at the moment and trying to get as far in the story as I can for the free stuff. Is there anything else I should be doing as a new player? Besides doing your dailies I mean. Which goon alliances have a slot open? Ingame name is Wargle.

Also how are Antman/Giant-man/Yellowjacket and Groot/Ronan/Destroyer? They both look like they have good synergies, decent skills and are easy to farm(with the exception of Destroyer and Antman).

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yellowjacket is really good and fun, Ronan has a good leader skill, and Destroyer is pretty fun and useful in his niche of "lol energy". The other dudes I don't have much experience with, but Groot is generally considered cool (and is the only dude with a skill that can heal your other dudes).

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Looking for an invite to Worst Alliance, ingame name is Gboon. If I can't be the best I sure as hell can be the worst.

edit - woops nevermind it's full, stupid 30 person alliance limit

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 10, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

RatHat posted:

Just started this yesterday and it's a lot of fun. Rolling with Ironman(3s)/Captain America(2s)/Spider-man(3s) at the moment and trying to get as far in the story as I can for the free stuff. Is there anything else I should be doing as a new player? Besides doing your dailies I mean. Which goon alliances have a slot open? Ingame name is Wargle.

Also how are Antman/Giant-man/Yellowjacket and Groot/Ronan/Destroyer? They both look like they have good synergies, decent skills and are easy to farm(with the exception of Destroyer and Antman).
Yellow jacket and giant man are two of the best characters in the game, ant man is alright, I don't know much about him but he's tough to farm. Ronan has an amazing leadership for universals, but is himself somewhat lackluster, Destroyer is among the worst characters in the game, and Groot is a really good character with his uniform and has a heal that's very helpful for certain things. You'd be better off with the first three, as they have considerably more utility, though you shouldn't worry too much about team synergy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why is Destroyer considered really bad? His skills seemed alright in the test area. Any other good teams with Groot in them? I really like his skills. EDIT: Whatever, team bonuses are small. I'll worry about that later.

Also what are the worst characters I should try to avoid?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 10, 2016

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

Why is Destroyer considered really bad? His skills seemed alright in the test area. Any other good teams with Groot in them? I really like his skills. EDIT: Whatever, team bonuses are small. I'll worry about that later.

Destroyer is just slow with some OK skills, but no 6* ability and is super slow to farm. He can't really hold a candle to the other universals.

Groot w/costume is good in a solid universal line up, maybe with Ronan leader + Loki or Thor.

As for characters in general I'd just reference this https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3olmww/how_hard_are_various_characters_to_farm/

Stick to something easy to farm, the power spike at high stars makes grinding anything else much quicker and easier!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What are assembly points best spent on?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Energy, the chest seems to have garbage in it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

Energy, the chest seems to have garbage in it.

Thank you very much. Energy it is.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Those of us who have been logging in daily just got our Day 28 reward: the 3*-6* Chest. What did you all get?

Me: 32 Ronan Bios so a 3* Ronan for me (already had him).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
32 Visions.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
32 Silk bios. I six-starred her the other day. :rip:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
64 Sharon Carter.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
32 Lincoln Continentals.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

32 Sharon Carter. Could do worse I guess but I have no interest in using her.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
32 Angela. It's almost like winning the jackpot, but not quite.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
64 luke cage. He is now 4 star...... Sweet Christmas

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I gotta 3 stars daisy johnston

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pick a character in special missions to farm.

I chose MODOK because he is the greatest character ever created.

That is a weird way to spell She Hulk.

:siren: PSA :siren:

In the item shop if you hold your finger down on the item it will tell you how many you have of that. So you can decide if you want to buy it or not.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 10, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

RatHat posted:

Destroyer is just in a tier full of other strong dudes.

Instead of who not to go for, I can just save timehave fun and recommend some, who are farmable

Combat- Venom, Captain America, Kingpin, Giantman. All farmable. All strong
Speed- Spiderman, winer soldier (so I hear), Green Goblin, Widow,
Blast- yellow Jacket, ~Kingpin~, Vision, Ironman, warmachine
Universal- Ultron, groot, ~Vision~

Unfarmable wise though
Combat-She Hulk
Speed- Silk
Blast- Nico
Universal- Loki, singularity, Thor,

Most other characters fall below these in potential DPS, BUT after some investment most can complete things on their level. The ones above can all pretty much do things beyond what their level is.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 10, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is shorter to say who isn't good. Drax, destroyer, and nebula. Without uniform but good with is punisher, blade, and bullseye.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
How good/bad is Ghost Rider? He was my "main" for a long time in MH.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

It is shorter to say who isn't good. Drax, destroyer, and nebula. Without uniform but good with is punisher, blade, and bullseye.

Yeah but i find that everyone else is so middling that aside from those it doesn't matter who you pick, and those dudes will likely get updates in the near future/ costumes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's odd that Kurse and Odin aren't in this game since they seem to be taking every possible character from the movies. Also why is Hulkbuster a completely separate character from Ironman and not just a costume?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's odd that Kurse and Odin aren't in this game since they seem to be taking every possible character from the movies. Also why is Hulkbuster a completely separate character from Ironman and not just a costume?

I think the answer to that latter question is that costumes are apparently a bit new to the game (which is why a lot of obvious ones arent in yet). If you need some sort of justification: Hulkbuster is just a second suit that the first iron man suit goes into; maybe it can be remote-controlled, or maybe Pepper Pots is in there (or a skeletal droid JARVIS)

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
32 Yondu bios. RIP

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
I got 3* venom from the chest :(

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Dr.Magnificent posted:

I got 3* venom from the chest :(

Thats good actually, he's been outclassed damage wise but outside of kingpin a good chunk of the stronger combat characters don't seem to have the group control utilities his 3 5 and 6 star skills have.
Take a peak at his 6 star skill in combat preview in the middle of the groups.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got Gamora, which I'm taking as a sign from the holy spirit Bendis that I must realize the Nebula/Gamora/Elsa power hour.

Speaking of Venom, I really hope we get an Agent Venom or Anti-Venom, there's a lot of cool skills you can make with symbiotes.

• Locked thread