Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Erebus posted:

I can barely make out that there's a song at all, so it's a little hard to determine what it might be.

crank the volume up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I posted this six years ago, and someone was able to find a video of the song pretty easily, but YouTube's deleted the account where the video was and I've forgotten the performer:

quote:

This is a simple, but apparently impossible one.

The song is "Java". At least, the tune is. The problem is, there is a female singer and there are vocals. I know for certain that the lyrics to one of the verses start:

"So you finally got there/but you had to spend the dime/that you saved, that you saved/for the java-drinking time."

Any search for these lyrics in google, however, is a null set. The song sounds fairly contemporary to the Allan Toussaint version, rather than the Al Hirt version. I only heard it once, but it brought to mind a 50's club performance.

Song's actually from the 60s, probably from the "craze" after the Al Hirt hit. Also, it's not "Java Jones" by Donna Lynn.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Managed to figure out the title of the deleted video through one of those youtube to MP3 sites: Marilyn Maye Tribute - "Java"

And using that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co_uSOwEIig

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thank you, thread (again)!

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I don't remember much about the song, though iirc it sounded like it might have been by Tame Impala. In the video, there are several couples and each member of each couple is having a fantasy about getting together with a member of one of the other couples. One instance involves the teenage male of one of the couples shooting up the family of one of the teenage females. The teenage guy is thinking of a milf in a different couple giving him a bj while driving. There are others but I don't recall the details. It ends with the teenage guy getting in a wreck while driving and it is implied that a dog was performing oral on him.

Does anyone know what song this video goes with? There was a lot going on in the video and I was well on my way to getting pretty hosed up during it. Thanks!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

yoyodyne posted:

I don't remember much about the song, though iirc it sounded like it might have been by Tame Impala. In the video, there are several couples and each member of each couple is having a fantasy about getting together with a member of one of the other couples. One instance involves the teenage male of one of the couples shooting up the family of one of the teenage females. The teenage guy is thinking of a milf in a different couple giving him a bj while driving. There are others but I don't recall the details. It ends with the teenage guy getting in a wreck while driving and it is implied that a dog was performing oral on him.

Does anyone know what song this video goes with? There was a lot going on in the video and I was well on my way to getting pretty hosed up during it. Thanks!

DATA - Don't Sing feat. Benny Sings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37eEUsd1ASA

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Can't remember the name of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song for the life of me. It's got that distinctive RHCP clean guitar tone. The riff I'm thinking of would fit right in on Blood Sugar Sex Magic and the verse part of Under the Bridge, definitely not that one though. More mellow than something like Give It Away. Maybe something closer to the chorus riff in Can't Stop.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

fletcher posted:

Can't remember the name of a Red Hot Chili Peppers song for the life of me. It's got that distinctive RHCP clean guitar tone. The riff I'm thinking of would fit right in on Blood Sugar Sex Magic and the verse part of Under the Bridge, definitely not that one though. More mellow than something like Give It Away. Maybe something closer to the chorus riff in Can't Stop.

Scar Tissue?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Scar Tissue?

Nope not that one

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

fletcher posted:

Nope not that one
Road Trippin'?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Probably Soul to Squeeze, it was a b-side but a sizeable hit at some point after BSSM.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Allen Wren posted:

Probably Soul to Squeeze, it was a b-side but a sizeable hit at some point after BSSM.

That's it!!! Thank you!!!!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a dance / house song in the early 2000s it was a popular band, but I can't rmember it at all. It had to do with a island, I think Curacao. The music video had a very attractive spanish girl walking around doing her daily tasks.

Please help :(

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want to say i saw a music video that was french pop 2 super pomp guys and 1 lady dressed in giant french wigs. I want to say it was from the late 90s early 2000s and it was like watching pee wees playhouse. Its haunting me.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Army of Lovers?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

wayfinder posted:

Army of Lovers?

100% correct. I could have sworn they were french.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
A song I once heard got stuck in my head and I can't find it.
It starts off with a sample from Thank God It's Friday (the movie) - "You ain't gonna be happy until you're free. And the only way you're going to be free is to get loose. And the only way you're going to get loose is to dance!" and ends with "Dancing. Everything else is bullshit!".
It's got female vocals - "what is deeper than the sea", "what is lighter than a dream" or something along those lines.
I get the feeling it was a part of some kind of compilation, like Cafe del Mar.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
A vague long shot. There's this song that plays where I work, and I heard it today again at a clothing store. It's recent, but not in the top 50. It's poppy and upbeat, and the singer reminds me of Troye Sivan. It's not him, I checked. I can't remember any of the lyrics, except that it may have the word "magnet" or "magnets" in the chorus somewhere.

vv oh yeah that's definitely it :waycool:

double edit: you'll all be very pleased to know that I found it, and it's Scarlet by Cleopold. It also does not contain the word "magnets".

Aristophanes fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 5, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Aristophanes posted:

A vague long shot. There's this song that plays where I work, and I heard it today again at a clothing store. It's recent, but not in the top 50. It's poppy and upbeat, and the singer reminds me of Troye Sivan. It's not him, I checked. I can't remember any of the lyrics, except that it may have the word "magnet" or "magnets" in the chorus somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

Hope this helps.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Song with a female singer goes "oh oh" a lot, video is her partying a bunch

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Song with a female singer goes "oh oh" a lot, video is her partying a bunch

Maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2LWWORoiM

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Thats it, thanks

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
There's this video of a band playing in what looks like an old classroom of sorts or a large room. Their equipment is set up and they start playing. Throughout the music video every time the shot cuts back to the band members you see them getting older and older and eventually turn into skeletons by the end. It's a rock band (singer, guitar, bass, drums, etc.) but it's more like sensual electronic rock like a Muse-type of band, more recent than old because I think it's available in 1080p.

Edit: Yes! It just came to my mind that it's Yeasayer's video Longevity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9oNH4UjzQ

Dudebro fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 1, 2016

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
NVM Figured it out.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I figured it out.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 5, 2016

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Woke up with part of a song stuck in my head that I can't place. It's the bridge of the song and all the instruments fade out and male singer with a poo poo ton of reverb on his voice is repeating something like "baby baby baby baby baby" five descending notes and five ascending notes

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mammon Loves You posted:

Woke up with part of a song stuck in my head that I can't place. It's the bridge of the song and all the instruments fade out and male singer with a poo poo ton of reverb on his voice is repeating something like "baby baby baby baby baby" five descending notes and five ascending notes
Made me think immediately of Vampire Weekend - Diane Young. The part you're describing could be at 0:42 or 1:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6lTQNW04I

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

The Leck posted:

Made me think immediately of Vampire Weekend - Diane Young. The part you're describing could be at 0:42 or 1:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6lTQNW04I

Hey thats it! I think pandora has been feeding me a lot of Vampire Weekend lately for some reason. Thanks.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

What was that one from a few (6-8) years back in the charts, with the guy with the really high but really strong voice? Like the Darkness "a thing called love", but not?

NVM it's Mika - Grace Kelly, posting anyway cos gently caress it it's a fun song.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hopefully this isn't an impossible request but it's drat-near close to it since nobody tags their drat mixes on Soundcloud.

There is an electro-swing mix which exists and I can only describe it thusly: It contains Caro Emerald's You Don't Love Me (somewhere near the start) and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (somewhere towards the middle.) It starts with a skit of a guy getting too into his sax or trumpet in a swing band and the conductor scolding him for doing so.

It's a mix longer than half an hour I want to say and I have no idea how my file of it completely disappeared from all my drives and devices. Thanks to anyone who can help, I understand this is a stupidly tall order.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
So, this is actually a request for an album that I remember from being a kid. It was a compilation album, circa 2000, pretty sure it had at least one song by Fatboy Slim on it or some other big beat artists. The title had something to do with action movies and I remember the cover being orange (maybe red?). I know it's not much to go on, but I was 10 or 11 when I got it for Christmas one year and I just barely remembered it. Here's hoping someone here has better google-fu than I do.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would recommend checking out his page on Discogs and having a look at the list of compilations under "Appearances". A cursory look tells me there are about 900 or so of them, though that wouldn't all be within the date range you're looking for, obviously.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I would recommend checking out his page on Discogs and having a look at the list of compilations under "Appearances". A cursory look tells me there are about 900 or so of them, though that wouldn't all be within the date range you're looking for, obviously.

Found it! Thanks so much, never even heard of that site.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's a pretty useful site.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Looking for two videos, both came out early 00s.

One had a video of a guy on a date with his blow-up doll, only it kept trying to murder him, the only lyrics I remember are something about how she's a killer loose on the streets.
Musically and visually kind of reminds me of Clinic's Walking With Thee.

The other video was some rock band performing in front of a black wall, at some point they start drawing on it with crayons, but it's a neat looking effect where they were standing still and the wall and camera were moving together. Seem to remember them sounding like The Strokes.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

wyoming posted:

One had a video of a guy on a date with his blow-up doll, only it kept trying to murder him, the only lyrics I remember are something about how she's a killer loose on the streets.
Musically and visually kind of reminds me of Clinic's Walking With Thee.

The Crystal Method - Murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIMtIGqCxv4

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's a relatively well known rock song I hear in public occasionally which I know but I can't quite place who it is. It's in 6/8 time, and I want to say it's Husker Du or a similar sounding band, but I'm not certain.

All the virtual guitar apps I've seen suck or else I'd post something like that, but the melody sounds like E-E-E-E-G-E / C-C-C-C-C-C / E-E-E-E-G-E / F - F - F

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Oh wow, The Crystal Method. Thank you kindly!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I heard this playing in the background at a fast food place, so it was probably satellite radio or Muzak or similar. A male singer, kind of 'intensely emotional' type of song. The lyrics had 'mountain' in them, and at one point something that may have been, "I drove my car out in the rain". Mostly rock guitar, sounding a little like early U2 but this was almost certainly 90's or later. A bit of the melody reminded me of the chorus of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", if it were sped up and altered.

The song that played right before was "It's a Shame About Ray" and right after it was "The Best Day of My Life" or whatever that currently popular one is called, so it could probably be from any point in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe

Kangra posted:

I heard this playing in the background at a fast food place, so it was probably satellite radio or Muzak or similar. A male singer, kind of 'intensely emotional' type of song. The lyrics had 'mountain' in them, and at one point something that may have been, "I drove my car out in the rain". Mostly rock guitar, sounding a little like early U2 but this was almost certainly 90's or later. A bit of the melody reminded me of the chorus of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", if it were sped up and altered.

The song that played right before was "It's a Shame About Ray" and right after it was "The Best Day of My Life" or whatever that currently popular one is called, so it could probably be from any point in between.

This has the mountain and the bit in the verse that's a bit like "Knockin' on Heaven's Door". Might be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnAxOQxQIU