Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Lonely tonight boys, need a group

PSN - squarpushr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
i got my first hate mail today, it was great. apparently i have an aimbot and a wall hack. do thoes even exist on consoles?

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

The_Fuzzinator posted:

i got my first hate mail today, it was great. apparently i have an aimbot and a wall hack. do thoes even exist on consoles?
They're pack-ins with the premium lag switches.

Also, a pubbie was legitimately bitching about someone lag switching the other night. :lol:

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Well that smooth criminal guy made me want to tear my hair out. :mad:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ChickenWyngz posted:

Well that smooth criminal guy made me want to tear my hair out. :mad:

yeah, that was some prescient pre-firing nonsense.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Deviant posted:

yeah, that was some prescient pre-firing nonsense.

without seeing killcams i am hesitant to call shenanigans I'm more thinking he just got the best ping in the world.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

The_Fuzzinator posted:

without seeing killcams i am hesitant to call shenanigans I'm more thinking he just got the best ping in the world.

it definitely felt like he had a ping in the single digits

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Deviant posted:

it definitely felt like he had a ping in the single digits

wouldnt be surprised. i mean, we didn't get blown out. wasn't pretty though

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Running 3 bars against a dude with a ping like that is like having my balls in a vice.
Still we didn't get completely rolled :gbsmith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So I got all the lovely headshot/1 shots with the shotguns to get their camos and usually it's all downhill from there. So I decided to set those aside and have some fun. It was nice going from this

Back to this

Edit: Which is good because I don't get the Argus

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 10, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Someone sell me on the Engineer perk? I got access to it before I spend a token on it, and... I dunno.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you die a lot uav-cuav-care package is a fun set of score streaks with engineer. You also don't have to spin around like an idiot looking for the uav since it puts them on the map.

You also see the little explodey car, which is whatever, and it shows you where stuff like sentry guns and cerberus are hanging out through walls.

I really like engineer

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

If you die a lot uav-cuav-care package is a fun set of score streaks with engineer. You also don't have to spin around like an idiot looking for the uav since it puts them on the map.

You also see the little explodey car, which is whatever, and it shows you where stuff like sentry guns and cerberus are hanging out through walls.

I really like engineer

So it's basically for people who are poo poo at actual shootmans? Cool! I'm VERY poo poo at that so this sounds spiffy as it is.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I melee'd some Ruin who was trying to gravity spike me, which was cool. Sadly I have no idea how to capture PS4 stuff right.

Also I've never watched Ultraman but I recreated this image that made me chuckle

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Too lazy to gif this, but we finally got our sync on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMXACbvehl8

Now to get one with triple Joy...

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
That is a thing of beauty.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess I had my sensitivity too far up.

Since I started playing this game on ps4, I had the stick sensitivity way up to get dem 360's son, but I was sucking, like 3 kills 20 deaths per round sucking.

Last night I put the sensitivity down to medium and i started at least going 1.0 kdr in rounds. Not the best, but way better than the 0.25 I was at. Enough to make the winners circle for the first time :3:

I guess I'm just not a high sensitivity player :/

Anyone using those stick extenders? I feel like that might be the only way I can get güd with high sensitivity

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 10, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I run 4 horiz/6 vert with freeks, ymmv.

Lower sens for finer aim >> higher sens for 180s on dudes behind you. Dudes behind you mean you already hosed up and/or are already dead.

Also worth noting I prefer and am better at rushing with smgs than camping long distance with lmgs, so sens doesn't have any real bearing your ability to play hyper aggressive either.

Man the XR-2 is a thing of beauty. Been running with recon, haven't tried grip or rapid fire yet, but it's treating me quite well.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We're up 170-150, I call in care package, team decides to start capturing A, spawn flips, it's a GI Unit, other team steals care package, it starts destroying us, we lose, loving team.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

We're up 170-150, I call in care package, team decides to start capturing A, spawn flips, it's a GI Unit, other team steals care package, it starts destroying us, we lose, loving team.

If you're playing with pubbies, they'll always zerg the opposite spawn and flip the points

If you're playing with goons, they'll always zerg the opposite spawn and flip the points

What I'm saying is YOUR FAULT!!!111

Also goons are apparently pubbies

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Ask me about calling care packages in combat zones.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Ask me about calling care packages in combat zones.

Usually I call it in on B because the only one who lives long enough to get it is me.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

:jazzhands:CALL OF DUTY!:jazzhands:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I know nobody cares about the story or writing in these things, but who in god's name thought it was a good idea to have Stabler say "Train go boom" so many loving times was at all a good idea? :psyduck:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Got my first hackusation yesterday after I headshot someone I couldn't see through a garbage can on Aquarium. It's the can at the top of the stairs near A, and I had hit the guy at least once with the Drakon while he was running towards us, I just got lucky and took a random shot. He spent the rest of the match trying to convince everyone I was using an aimbot or a wall hack while I went even and my teammate called in a mothership.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I know nobody cares about the story or writing in these things, but who in god's name thought it was a good idea to have Stabler say "Train go boom" so many loving times was at all a good idea? :psyduck:

He should have repeated

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Getting on for some shoot mans right now, Whos in?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Might be on in a bit if the youngin goes down for a nap, no mic and may go afk for a bit due to the same reason.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

widespread posted:

Someone sell me on the Engineer perk? I got access to it before I spend a token on it, and... I dunno.

Never get surprised by a scorestreak or any placeable explosive and much better odds on care package rerolls than previous games. I love it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Getting on for some shoot mans right now, Whos in?

:negative:

The job, it never ends.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I guess I had my sensitivity too far up.

Since I started playing this game on ps4, I had the stick sensitivity way up to get dem 360's son, but I was sucking, like 3 kills 20 deaths per round sucking.

Last night I put the sensitivity down to medium and i started at least going 1.0 kdr in rounds. Not the best, but way better than the 0.25 I was at. Enough to make the winners circle for the first time :3:

I guess I'm just not a high sensitivity player :/

I went from max sensitivity in all previous CoD's to 7 in this one. Flinch is too lovely.

quote:

Anyone using those stick extenders? I feel like that might be the only way I can get güd with high sensitivity

I only use one for the right analog. Just too accustomed to it by now to play without it.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Bagpuss_UK posted:

And as was christened last night, "the gay jedi"

https://twitter.com/BadFatherHan/status/686246545721802752

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Carecat posted:

Never get surprised by a scorestreak or any placeable explosive and much better odds on care package rerolls than previous games. I love it.
Also booby-trapping enemy crates and blowing them up with it is a good time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

One of my favorite things in this game is shooting down every lovely Hellstorm missile with whatever dumb gun I have. I remember sniping one in blops 2 and being really proud of it, but it's still really satisfying to do even though it's trivial now.

I can't believe I never see anyone else ever doing it though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

One of my favorite things in this game is shooting down every lovely Hellstorm missile with whatever dumb gun I have. I remember sniping one in blops 2 and being really proud of it, but it's still really satisfying to do even though it's trivial now.

I want to say it's on the grounds that they can't see/lock onto it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

there's a fake Yeyo :(

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
You totally hosed that up by not running Scythe.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I got a legendary silencer. For the gorgon :downsowned:

rabidsquid posted:

Same. It's easy as cake but I very rarely see it being done :confused:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't know you could shoot them down reliably with a gun, figured you couldn't do enough damage before they hit. I always use a launcher.

Well this changes things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

widespread posted:

So it's basically for people who are poo poo at actual shootmans? Cool! I'm VERY poo poo at that so this sounds spiffy as it is.
Yep, it's fun. Engineer + blackcell + care packages = being maybe useful sometimes.

Deviant posted:

What should I take for my 2nd prestige unlock? Already have Dead Silence.
I went scavenger, but I run around spamming grenades and shotgun shells (poorly) like 90% of the time.

• Locked thread