Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Guys

No you don't even get it

How awesome this is going to be

Guys

Yeahhhhhhhhh

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=47&l=4fb0b8ff1c9b2d1ea19a4478336f9004c52e7c36

I call it the, umm, explodo-dick. Or the blast-dick. Something dick, anyway.

Edit: I finally got over to the Goonrathi forums and checked out their Law And Order loading screen :lol:

Tujague fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Just a heads up I quit this game in favor of playing splatoon. You can remove Etreri from WOL.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I used to run one almost exactly like it. I would shave your back armor down to either 6 or 8 to stack more on thefront.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Just a heads up I quit this game in favor of playing splatoon. You can remove Etreri from WOL.

That sounds like effort, and we are goons and therefore lazy.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ScorpioMajesty posted:

no one cares, gay dad.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Cool I'll get right on not doing that for you then
e: in somewhat relevant news this Zeus is actually rather fun:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=257&l=df71484f0bf327b3358e8d12165f7d4b7dfd633c

I don't even care if it has an XL engine, it just does so well with good torso twisting.

Baudin fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 10, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
ERLL locust is best locust confirmed

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Is there any way to shoehorn the Raven into a brawly scout role? Besides the Huginn, anyway; I've already got an Oxide and I want something that looks like a Raven and pokes hard with energy weapons for endurance, but doesn't need to do it from a mile away.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Beet Wagon posted:

My go-to shitbuild is a 4xERPPC Cicada, but it's so obviously a terrible troll build I don't think he'd take it seriously.

Skoll posted:

I like to run 2xERPPC Shadow Cats with both on the same firing group.

armchairyoda posted:

My new _____________ uses a XL engine and MG's.

A.o.D. posted:

holy poo poo do I love those awful guns.

let me propose this beautiful machine as the official goon mech :agesilaus:

CDA-3C

try to build a better robot :colbert:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Good call. Look out for my 8yr old, he'll camp you with the big roller until you ragequit.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

armchairyoda posted:

Good call. Look out for my 8yr old, he'll camp you with the big roller until you ragequit.

Lmao

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

teepo posted:

Done.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

teepo posted:

CDA-3C

Cheating, I know, but: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=276&l=f2df283b2231103050576ecded019c2de35019a7

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
what a truly beautiful mech

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Builds like those make me wish Stackpoling was a thing. :smith:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Sard posted:

Is there any way to shoehorn the Raven into a brawly scout role? Besides the Huginn, anyway; I've already got an Oxide and I want something that looks like a Raven and pokes hard with energy weapons for endurance, but doesn't need to do it from a mile away.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=33&l=b4f54dba5cd8708aff41536d5c58ca1184decc60

go forth and wreck buttes

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
I'm having trouble getting the mumble overlay to work with the Steam version of the game. Any ideas? I've tried windowed/full, dx9/11, starting mumble as admin, starting mumble first, disabling the Steam overlay. Nothing seems to work.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

ImpactVector posted:

I'm having trouble getting the mumble overlay to work with the Steam version of the game. Any ideas? I've tried windowed/full, dx9/11, starting mumble as admin, starting mumble first, disabling the Steam overlay. Nothing seems to work.

Mumble overlay doesn't work with MWO because reasons.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Vorenus posted:

Mumble overlay doesn't work with MWO because reasons.

Works fine with the 32bit client, just switch using the gearbox thingy in the patcher. 32bit is way more stable anyway.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

:lol:

Washout posted:

Works fine with the 32bit client, just switch using the gearbox thingy in the patcher. 32bit is way more stable anyway.

It really varies depending on your hardware because BMR and I both got an amazing performance boost and increased stability when they released the 64bit. :pgi:

19 also said something about a 64bit mumble client at some point that would allow the overlay to work with MWO but I didn't bother looking it up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You're all a bunch of loving amateurs.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I was wondering when someone was going to link the shining finger build.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Anita Dickinme posted:

19 also said something about a 64bit mumble client at some point that would allow the overlay to work with MWO but I didn't bother looking it up.
Ah, that makes sense. I downloaded the dev snapshot and it looks like it works now.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

you're missing some close-range punch

DWF-B

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Is there some trick to getting headshots? All of my mechs are SRM brawlers so getting headshots is really unlikely for me, but I would have expected more than 2 out of 373 kills.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Bubbacub posted:

Is there some trick to getting headshots? All of my mechs are SRM brawlers so getting headshots is really unlikely for me, but I would have expected more than 2 out of 373 kills.

terra therma or any hotmap, strategically wait until they overheat and blast away at their cockpit.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Cockpit hitboxes are tiny and therefore it is very unlikely to happen.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Thank mechgod they came up with "join our mailinglist to get 1 week premium" yesterday, that made the grind for the 3rd direwolf 50% less spiritdestroying.
Now i have 3 direwolves.
Ho-ho-ho.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Bubbacub posted:

Get weapons on higher hardpoints, if you gotta aim your weapons up you'll probably hit the CT.

But in general don't count on them unless their cockpit is lower down like a catapult or stormcrow.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Ugh I think I'm gonna get back into Mechwarrior because I'm a loving moron and I love giant robots. :(

Also I haven't logged in in probably a year and some change, what the gently caress happened with my mechs and why do I have so many?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Getting behind everybody on their team and then tickling people in the butt from behind cover at long range is the funnest thing you can do in this game.

They turn around and panic because they think an Arctic Cheetah got the drop on them, then get all confused about wtf is going on. The more iterations you can pull off on the same person, the angry they visibly get because they turn around and torso twist faster and faster until they're spinning in circles endlessly trying to find you.

My favorite time was when a guy spun around in circles 6 times and then just shut down and went afk.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ripoff posted:

Ugh I think I'm gonna get back into Mechwarrior because I'm a loving moron and I love giant robots. :(

Also I haven't logged in in probably a year and some change, what the gently caress happened with my mechs and why do I have so many?

If you spent MC, ever bought a mech pack or some other thing, you got a free mech for each of them, so up to three loyalty mechs were given out.

You can't sell them, so just have fun. There is a centurion, an atlas, and a king crab.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

ZenVulgarity posted:

I wish they were good

I'm glad they aren't. The game was poo poo when they were.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
ideally PPCs and thereby jumpsniping should be viable, but back when they were the game was nothing but Victors. Highlanders, and Cataphracts lazily floating in the air

it sucked and was bad

now you see Nova ERPPC snipers sometimes which are OK. It'd be real nice if they gave the PPC jumpsniper niche to something like, say, the Vindicator

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Maybe if you fuckers ever played the blackjack 3 you would know it is a ridiculous retardedly good jumpsniper/corner peaker that can shoot two PPCs indefinitely.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Also, Necro asked me to post all of my Shadow Cat builds that work well for me in the form of Smurfy links, so I thought it'd be good to make them into a post for everybody to see:

"Sniper A": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=d16a0b5567d71b1a20170e892142e7d3c0e9a9af
"Sniper B": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=9f59ec64e026d733650a3975b4f7c4ac02d923df
"Sniper [PP]C": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=67a7cdeec3aabd913234d387ef888204fd4e8ed6

"Ganker A": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=1f2eacde14587f4812239d2fd4cf0f98ec49aa6f

"Support A": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=a00834f649f4473aefd175e55003f6d9115e57f5
"Support B": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=1a4f7f538fff39cac919245a4427caea6b8e224d
"Support C": http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=297&l=ab8c930e143135bc0a5e50357dea74054def631d

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Well, back then SRMs weren't an especially viable weapon system. The cure for a lot of things right now is to Rush that poo poo Down, and I think that's fine. Part of the problem with jump sniping is that when you kill your jump jets, you've got perfect aim.

Plus, given the prevalence of aimbots, no amount of balancing really matters, now does it?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

ideally PPCs and thereby jumpsniping should be viable, but back when they were the game was nothing but Victors. Highlanders, and Cataphracts lazily floating in the air

it sucked and was bad

now you see Nova ERPPC snipers sometimes which are OK. It'd be real nice if they gave the PPC jumpsniper niche to something like, say, the Vindicator

I wish I had a reason to pick up some Vindys. I love the way they look, but my understanding is that they are essentially worst-in-class.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah I think a list of lovely Mechs Don't Bother would be helpful for all the returnees and new players. I dunno. I mean, there's so many goddamn mechs, and I get the unconfirmed feeling that a lot of them are awful. For instance, I have yet to see anyone defend Awesomes on merits. Or Vindicators, now that you mention it. Or Commandos, Trebuchets or Orions.

I mean, I would never stand in the way of somebody's special snowflake but there are a lot of bad roads to stumble down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Tujague posted:

Yeah I think a list of lovely Mechs Don't Bother would be helpful for all the returnees and new players. I dunno. I mean, there's so many goddamn mechs, and I get the unconfirmed feeling that a lot of them are awful. For instance, I have yet to see anyone defend Awesomes on merits. Or Vindicators, now that you mention it. Or Commandos, Trebuchets or Orions.

I mean, I would never stand in the way of somebody's special snowflake but there are a lot of bad roads to stumble down.

It's so rare to see a Vindicator in the wild that when I do, I can't help but stop and stare for a moment.

Orions aren't the worst IS heavy...but they're damned close.

Commandos are so bad that it used to be standard operating procedure to leg any friendlies that dropped in one at the beginning of the match to teach them a lesson.

• Locked thread