Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I'm not invested in either team's outcome.

The last 20 pages argue otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

i mean they're the bengals

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

I can't stand watching these thugs; switching to the NHL game.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 10, 2016

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

korrandark posted:

That was Adam Jones.

poo poo, you're right. If I thought about it I'm sure there are 15 other Burflict examples you could sub in.

Dude has the talent to be the cornerstone of a franchise for 10 years with a 60 million dollar deal but instead he gets 30% of that because he cannot be trusted. What a waste

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The last 20 pages argue otherwise

The Steelers homerism is real

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Steelers homerism is real

Are you even paying attention to who you are arguing with

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Any idiot could tell that the shazier hit took the in game tension to the next level. while they were sorting out the injury/possession after the play there were multiple times where it almost turned into a brawl. It doesn't get anyone off the hook for playing dirty but that was the moment a tense game turned into murderball

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Vontaze Burfict has never needed an excuse to try and take a guys head off.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For the guys talking about how the Shazier hit made the situation super tense and turned it into murderball, I don't think a single person is disagreeing so what exactly is your point?

You're right that happened. Now what?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Vontaze burfict and pacman Jones combined to gently caress the Bengals out of the playoffs hahahahah

mza
May 30, 2003

I'm not invested in either team's outcome.

You realize people can see your post history right?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

v2vian man posted:

Vontaze burfict and pacman Jones combined to gently caress the Bengals out of the playoffs hahahahah

It's so loving cool lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Groovelord Neato posted:

burfict's was dirtier in theory but since his shoulder is what makes contact with brown's head, shazier's is objectively dirtier.

This post makes no sense.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Here's the first of many hawt taeks of mean ol' Vontaze needing to be banned from the league http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/1/10/10743956/bengals-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-should-be-banned-from-the-nfl

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

Here's the first of many hawt taeks of mean ol' Vontaze needing to be banned from the league http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/1/10/10743956/bengals-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-should-be-banned-from-the-nfl

Not reading but it's true

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
TFF is being torn apart by the cognitive dissonance of supporting a sport as objectively awful as the nfl and this thread is proof of it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Trump will make the NFL great again

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Up Circle posted:

TFF is being torn apart by the cognitive dissonance of supporting a sport as objectively awful as the nfl and this thread is proof of it.

The sport is great, the league sucks. But I enjoy their product and I don't see any reason I should stop doing so.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Shazier's hit was a penalty but I can't recall a flag for that type of hit. Defenseless receiver is the ref trigger. He needs to cut that poo poo out for the safety of everyone involved.

As for how dirty it was, that makes a lot of assumptions about intent. I'm not even sure Burfict intended anything more than a hard hit. But...

Burfict injured Bell, Ben, and AB this season and those are the team's three best players. Basically if one guy took out Emmit Smith, Aikman, and Irvin in one season. Is it coincidence or is causing injuries a part of his game? I don't know but he was a huge dick to the Steelers this year. I don't want to see him on the field against a team I'm rooting for, ever.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Moxie posted:

Shazier's hit was a penalty but I can't recall a flag for that type of hit. Defenseless receiver is the ref trigger. He needs to cut that poo poo out for the safety of everyone involved.

i agree. deadspin said that the rule of not hitting with the crown of your helmet has been around in some form for decades but it has really never been called and it obviously should be

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Chichevache posted:

The sport is great, the league sucks. But I enjoy their product and I don't see any reason I should stop doing so.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

v2vian man posted:

i agree. deadspin said that the rule of not hitting with the crown of your helmet has been around in some form for decades but it has really never been called and it obviously should be

I think when it is called, it is used in reasoning on QB hits. I think I recall this with several Harrison penalties and fines.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pretty sure ive mostly seen it called against Merriweather and thats only due to refs knowing that he can only tackle like that

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
I wish Vontaze Burfict was a steeler

edit:

And I wish Joey Porter was head coach and GM

toxicsunset fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 11, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And it can't be said enough but lol Porter is such garbage. Always has been. Popcorn Muscles...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

@andrewperloff
"Antonio Brown was not hurt. I know he was faking." - Adam Jones on @dpshow

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ozu posted:

lol

@andrewperloff
"Antonio Brown was not hurt. I know he was faking." - Adam Jones on @dpshow

What a piece of poo poo lol. There goes any sympathy I may have had for the guy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Can't wait until Pacman gets arrested again this offseason and his career ends

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I mean Brown is already cleared for next week, and was spotted laughing for 30 straight hours after the game. Kinda interesting

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
David DeCastro just said on the radio that Burfict spit in his face during the game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Reminder Pac Mans antics left a woman paralyzed for life and he literally had zero sympathy.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

lmao Pacman Jones said on Dan Patrick's show that AB was faking being knocked out, and that he deserves a "Grammy"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Up Circle posted:

whatever helps you sleep at night

Why would I have trouble sleeping at night, I don't have CTE?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pacman said that AB winked at him after the hit that is hilarious

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lmao Pacman Jones said on Dan Patrick's show that AB was faking being knocked out, and that he deserves a "Grammy"

Maybe he was singing when he was going down and it was a good song?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Someone would have a very tough time faking falling the way AB did. Your natural instincts would tell you to protect yourself in some sort of way rather than going completely rag doll.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All this talk of kicking Burfict out of the league I keep reading in various places is pretty weird because I really don't think he was trying to hit AB in the head

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

The pearl clutching in this thread is hilarious. Especially from Steelers fans.

Lol, no. You and "codependent poster" come off as desperate, whiny babies, whereas everyone else is stupefied by how lovely and dumb Burfict and Jones acted.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Goetta posted:

because I really don't think he was trying to hit AB in the head

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Goetta posted:

All this talk of kicking Burfict out of the league I keep reading in various places is pretty weird because I really don't think he was trying to hit AB in the head

Lol yeah, he wasn't "trying" to sprain or break Cam Newton's ankles, rip Le'Veon Bell's knees apart, drive Ben's shoulders into the turf, or decapitate AB. Sure

• Locked thread