Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

oops wrong forum posted:

LMAO, when are we getting Jedi Luke? I played Hard 5-B Dark Side so I could get to C and start farming Bariss, my team of leader 4* Phasma gear VII, 5* Sid gear VII, 4* IG-88 gear VI, 4* IG-86 gear VI, 4* Daka gear VI, lvls 56, 56, 50, 50, 52, and a borrowed 4*FOTP gear VI, breezed through until they got to solo Jedi Luke. He slaughtered my entire team with his Crit Up Attack Up Evasion BS, attacking multiple times and one-shotting most of my team. No idea how to take this guy down. Daka stunned him before she got one-shotted but it didn't matter since his meter immediately refilled.

Huh, I facerolled him no problem. I don't think he got to go more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

300 energy, zero drops. It's getting silly now.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Are there any DECENT light side AOE attackers that I can easily farm in one way or the other? Light side has all the healers but it takes a million years to finish a mission with them, I feel like, due to no AOE. Seems like all of the dark side characters I have can use AOE, so with Old Daka they're way easier/less annoying to beat.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

300 energy, zero drops. It's getting silly now.

I've never seen anything that bad. Maybe 120 energy and no drops. I do think some purples have better drop rates than others.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brian Fellows posted:

Are there any DECENT light side AOE attackers that I can easily farm in one way or the other? Light side has all the healers but it takes a million years to finish a mission with them, I feel like, due to no AOE. Seems like all of the dark side characters I have can use AOE, so with Old Daka they're way easier/less annoying to beat.

Uh, gently caress AOE, go get Luke from cantina battle 2. He hits like a loving truck, great grits and stuns.

If AOE is you jam, you can always roll with the Jawas. Both farmable in cantina and hard battles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

I've never seen anything that bad. Maybe 120 energy and no drops. I do think some purples have better drop rates than others.

Yeah, me neither. It's especially annoying because I only need 2 more.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really hope they buff Cad Bane in this upcoming patch. He's very lackluster.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Mile'ionaha posted:

Huh, I facerolled him no problem. I don't think he got to go more than once.

What team/lvl did you use when you beat him? I mean it was face-smashing like I really wasn't expecting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think one of the big things I have noticed is that while people lump Luke in with all of the other glass cannon dps, he's actually significantly more durable and barely belongs in the "glass cannon" tier. Dude is fairly beefy, which opens up more options for team construction. I can toss him in a lineup without a tank and without being extremely fast and still be all right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

I think one of the big things I have noticed is that while people lump Luke in with all of the other glass cannon dps, he's actually significantly more durable and barely belongs in the "glass cannon" tier. Dude is fairly beefy, which opens up more options for team construction. I can toss him in a lineup without a tank and without being extremely fast and still be all right.

I love him, I'm farming his 4th star now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I love him, I'm farming his 4th star now.

I'm working on star #5. He's pretty badass.

I'm really working to unlock Poe too. I felt like Chewie stopped being useful, and while I'd love to work on Phasma, Lumi just seems more important, so I'm currently running 5* sid, 5* lumi, 4* JC, 4* Luke, 4* R. Pilot. It's working fairly well, except today I ran into a Sid, Maul, Savage, Lumi, Kyle team that just stomped my face. That was fun....

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Just got rear end raped by an 9.4k arena team. Mine is 10.3k in comparison so I thought it would be an easy fight.

Lumi, fives, FO pilot and ewok elder, led by phasma. I manage to take out the pilot before the taunt goes up, but the ewok elder brings him right back. I try to burn thru fives to get at the pilot but with lumi healing fives it gives the revived pilot plenty of time to decimate mtly team

Gonna farm elder now so I can do it to other people.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Brian Fellows posted:

I just borrow a whales 7* Qui Gon Jin. He's obscene.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm working on star #5. He's pretty badass.

I'm really working to unlock Poe too. I felt like Chewie stopped being useful, and while I'd love to work on Phasma, Lumi just seems more important, so I'm currently running 5* sid, 5* lumi, 4* JC, 4* Luke, 4* R. Pilot. It's working fairly well, except today I ran into a Sid, Maul, Savage, Lumi, Kyle team that just stomped my face. That was fun....

Poe owns, dude. He is the cornerstone of my team. Once I get Daka, that's where my cantina shards are going.

Phas is replacing Chewie on my A team, but I'm 7 staring Lumi before I spend any on Phasma.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I have a 5* Qui Gonn. I'm not sure if he's worth bringing up at that star level. I get what he brings to a team, but I'm at the point where I'm starting to field all 6*+. Phasma will be 7* tomorrow, along with Lumi and Sidious. The big thing is it's the skilling up of skills that makes characters good too. And I just don't have enough T3 ability mats.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Just got rear end raped by an 9.4k arena team. Mine is 10.3k in comparison so I thought it would be an easy fight.

Lumi, fives, FO pilot and ewok elder, led by phasma. I manage to take out the pilot before the taunt goes up, but the ewok elder brings him right back. I try to burn thru fives to get at the pilot but with lumi healing fives it gives the revived pilot plenty of time to decimate mtly team

Gonna farm elder now so I can do it to other people.
Um, which character taunted? None of those characters have taunts.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

kaschei posted:

Um, which character taunted? None of those characters have taunts.

It may have been a Poe and not a Fives.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The rate at which they are putting out updates for this game is attrocious. I don't know how many of you play or have played other mobile games, but this is just not up to par imo. This is one of the biggest IP's with one of the biggest publishers behind it, and we haven't had a real content update since full launch, just new characters. Other games just smash out content updates like crazy, and this game just has poo poo to show for all the money they are bringing in. 7K had a full Christmas event that went on with loads of challenges and events. Now they have a New Year's event, and this game is like here have 10 Rey shards, "lolfukupayme".

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mr. Neutron posted:

Soon, along with a bunch of others, according to the datamined character list.

Dark Side Barriss and Bossk adventures? Someone's reading my fanfiction.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

The rate at which they are putting out updates for this game is attrocious. I don't know how many of you play or have played other mobile games, but this is just not up to par imo. This is one of the biggest IP's with one of the biggest publishers behind it, and we haven't had a real content update since full launch, just new characters. Other games just smash out content updates like crazy, and this game just has poo poo to show for all the money they are bringing in. 7K had a full Christmas event that went on with loads of challenges and events. Now they have a New Year's event, and this game is like here have 10 Rey shards, "lolfukupayme".

I don't know anything about CG, but from what's gone on so far I have this feeling that this game might have been too big for their britches. EA is a big company but CG does the heavy-lifting, and the huge popularity of this game from the movie release might be hamstringing them. Just a guess.

The Rey shards thing was pretty insulting though, they'd have been better off not doing anything. "Thank you for participating here's 1/8th of a character that's very hard to farm" :hellyeah:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

You're comparing this game to other games which came out years earlier in Japan/Korea. Not really a fair comparison, especially with the holidays. I'm guessing the game was rushed to release for the movie as well.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If I was making 2-3 million USD a day, you'd be your loving rear end I'd have 10-20 more staff within a week or two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They very well may have. It's been out 6 weeks. It takes longer than that to train new staff.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just think it's appalling that they can't roll out hotfixes to fix blatant bugs in the game. It shouldn't require massive patches that happen once every 6-8 weeks to fix.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 10, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The only bug I've run into (other than crashes) is the target switching bug. I've heard there's some problem with shards but you have to keep a spreadsheet of your shards to know if you get it or something? What other bugs are out there?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FOTP swaps str and agility when going from 6* > 7*, which is why he all of a sudden has like 15k HP and does like back to back 8k hits.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I connected with a bunch of the other top 10 players on my server. It's really interesting to see how other players view my team. Apparently the AI sometimes plays my team like idiots.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How? Through the discord chat?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

oops wrong forum posted:

What team/lvl did you use when you beat him? I mean it was face-smashing like I really wasn't expecting

Personally I just schooled him a couple days ago with a team of all people in the 50-52 range except Asajj who is like level 40 and gear level 2 because I only use her for DS missions.

Team was:
Borrowed Phasma
Sid leader
Dooku
Daka
Talia
Asajj

I had him stunlocked and dead in like two turns.

Dooku is a beast for high level Dark SIde missions. Your boss is like 99% of the time going to be a Jedi and a leveled Force Lightning with his natural speed means that you can pretty much keep them stunned for 2/3 of their turns and with Daka and Asajj on backup you may just tie down your biggest threat for the whole battle.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Wow, first GW I won't be able to finish (even with all the "exploits") the last mission of in a week+
Last 5 matches has contained Sid, Maul, Dooku, Boba Fett and Luminara or some combination of those at my or higher level. loving 6 star Sid at the final fight :negative:

You can't even toss chaff at that Sid because he heals when each one dies.

e: Scratch that, tossed som gear and levels on my 1 star FOTP and he could gun Dooku down, and I only lost *everyone else* (well the Snowtrooper was still standing)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 10, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

How? Through the discord chat?

No, although I do always forget that exists,. We just somehow found each other through the messageboards by recognizing usernames.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Accidentally sold 14 tier 5 drones because they sit in the middle of the cash items to sell.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BadLlama posted:

Accidentally sold 14 tier 5 drones because they sit in the middle of the cash items to sell.

Selling mining droids is perilous. I did the same thing once, now I check every single time I sell anything to make sure. That one group of training droids were literally sandwiched in between my mining droids, and it happens pretty often

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having trouble hanging on to even my top 200 standing in arena this weekend. Either it's because it's the weekend, my server is getting whaled, or I'm nearing a plateau somewhere around lvl 43 and people are catching up.

Speaking of that the zone 5 normal missions are kicking my face in. These things are hard, wtf.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, it's an endless sea of battle droids and super battle droids. It's just not fun.

Also my arena got kind of wild too, it used to be 1100ish rating kicking around the low 200s like I am and now it's just a bunch of 1300 ranked teams. I think some of it is progression, because I have essentially the same team I was kicking around this rank at 1100 with up to 1200 something now, but the 1300s are still a big jump. I can still beat all of them because I am not entirely sure a defense exists that works other than Phasma RNG bullshit, though, and I just skip Phasma teams unless I have no other choie.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You can run into trouble in the Arena when either you catch up to a bracket above you, or one below you catches up to you like whenever you reach a point where it takes much longer to earn meaningful power rating to your main team than it did for a previous stretch. Like gear lvl 5/6/7 etc, as well as when energy costs increase for missions that grant gear, or when you start moving up Stars and need more days to earn the next level - meanwhile you aren't using that energy to grind for gear - or if you are spending energy/time/shards to gear up characters that aren't on your A team for non-arena work.

That and I think there's some sort of automatic server switcher than can move accounts between ladder servers for better matchups?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Selling mining droids is a sequence of intense peril. I did the same thing once, now I check every single time I sell anything to make sure. That one group of training droids were literally sandwiched in between my mining droids, and it happens pretty often

Wait, selling mining droids is rated PG-13?

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
Been enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would, though now that I'm in the mid 30s I can start to feel the slowdown a little bit. Thanks for the newbie advice people have posted. Ally code 751-962-919 - Added a bunch of people from this thread already.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Walamor posted:

Been enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would, though now that I'm in the mid 30s I can start to feel the slowdown a little bit. Thanks for the newbie advice people have posted. Ally code 751-962-919 - Added a bunch of people from this thread already.

Wait until 49.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Wait until 49.

Heh, last night was the first night where I didn't level, I'm at 54. Guess I'll make up for that tonight.

To be honest though, I'm looking forward to 60, when I can stop using training droids on my main team and start to catch up on the others so I can progress more with missions.

On the other hand, I'm spending all my energy between gear and hard shards, so, not sure I'd do much progressing anyways.

Yup, feel the slowdown.

• Locked thread