Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaan
May 24, 2005

I traded for four at .60 each on Puca 2 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

What are you going to do with them? Is a store going to buy them?

Well I'm probably going to try to move them via pucatrade. The price isn't updated their yet, but when it does I'd like to ship them off.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I'm really curious how Puca pulls prices because it usually takes a few days for movements to happen.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Not to be a hater but cvm and boswell are not very accurate about board states / rules interactions as commentators.

This is way less appealing than cedric + craig was.

Some gems like saying a guy IoK's a land as the guy is literally discarding path to inquisition, languish would kill a goyf with 0 sorceries in either yard, etc.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 10, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Here we go now... HOOGS drama!!!!!

https://twitter.com/JeffHoogland/status/686297549507006464

It appears it was because the maindeck sleeves were more worn than the sideboard. Hoogs states the sleeves were brand new before the 15 rounds and he is being screwed by the sleeves makers and the judge.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If I ever go to an event like that and make day 2, I'm probably putting on new sleeves for Sunday.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Molybdenum posted:

If I ever go to an event like that and make day 2, I'm probably putting on new sleeves for Sunday.

That's the exact opposite strategy for Andrew Boswell

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez he named Borborygmos instead of Boborygmos Enraged.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Zoness posted:

Laffo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Zoness posted:

I feel like its lame rules lawyering in small way. I am not great with remembering names of cards perfectly and i could see myself loving it up.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Zoness posted:

You know Bob's done that before. To even think of that scenario means he's used it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of okay with it because there's a lot you can say that clarifies it to enraged like "land throwing guy" or whatever. Plus y'know, having access to the opponent's decklist.

Mostly it's just funny though.

EDIT: also flavor appropriate really.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 11, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I know Soul Sisters is technically a modern netdeck but does it have realistic game against anything other than burn and maybe twin?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
No Eldrazi decks in the top 32 at the Charlotte Open http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3676_top_32_modern_open_decklists.html

EDIT: Also Harlan Firer was wearing a "let Zach play" shirt at the IQ I was at two weeks ago, so gently caress that guy forever

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Boco_T posted:

No Eldrazi decks in the top 32 at the Charlotte Open http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3676_top_32_modern_open_decklists.html

EDIT: Also Harlan Firer was wearing a "let Zach play" shirt at the IQ I was at two weeks ago, so gently caress that guy forever

Obviously this mean its under the radar BUY EVERYTHING IN THE DECK

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I know Soul Sisters is technically a modern netdeck but does it have realistic game against anything other than burn and maybe twin?

Jund/k and presumably Grixis along with it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Goryo's Vengeance in charge of making waves and still not winning a major tournament.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jund supremacy.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

It has game against decks that can't handle big fat dudes in the air and is decent against affinity as token makers with buffs match up well with dorky dudes but not quite as good as b/w tokens. I haven't had the budget to play with archangel of thune or Auriok champion but I hear they are p hot sauce as champ blocks almost all the things from goblin guide to banana man and the angel makes everyone a pride mate.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Only one Bloom deck too in the top 32. Still means it's eating a ban and my poor deck gets turned into EDH scrap and trade fodder.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Yes? I mean it's a Tier 2 deck, so you get what you get. But It can play a 6/6 lifelink flier on turn 2, and plays enough tokens to clog up the board.

It's best matchup is obviously burn. My guess is that it's worst matchup is Tron or Infect. But most decks have to respect the 2 turn 6/6 lifelink flier. Ajani's Pridemate can go toe to toe with a Goyf so Jund isn't completely awful.

Twin isn't actually a great matchup, sense most twin players aren't gonna try to combo off if you have a sister in play, and you need 2 if they go the pestermite route. Snapcasting a Bolt to kill your sister isn't too hard of a prequisite, and your deck runs out of gas mighty quick.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Any deck that can get its threats pathed but that also doesn't get any use out of the land, will always be really susceptible.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

End of Life Guy posted:

You know Bob's done that before. To even think of that scenario means he's used it.

Bob didn't do anything. His opponent read his decklist and still managed to name the wrong card.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Brownhat posted:

Bob didn't do anything. His opponent read his decklist and still managed to name the wrong card.

Yeah, naming the wrong card is a total fuckup on the player. You don't even need the exact name, as long as you name a uniquely identifiable card that's legal in the format. Even "that legendary guy with the discard a land ability" would probably have been fine, or just needed a Judge to clarify at worst. But not JUST "Borborygmos", cause that's also a legal card in the format.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Serperoth posted:

Yeah, naming the wrong card is a total fuckup on the player. You don't even need the exact name, as long as you name a uniquely identifiable card that's legal in the format. Even "that legendary guy with the discard a land ability" would probably have been fine, or just needed a Judge to clarify at worst. But not JUST "Borborygmos", cause that's also a legal card in the format.

Eh, both players knew which card he was referring to and only one of them knew the angle to exploit. Its legal and a little scummy all at the same time. I don't know if I could let myself play that angle just to win. To each their own.

Its like the cedric phillips thing where he rules lawyered an esper charm. technically correct and douchebagery all at the same time.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 11, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

Its like the cedric phillips thing where he rules lawyered an esper charm. technically correct and douchebagery all at the same time.

What happened there exactly?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sickening posted:

I don't think I've heard this story.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Ramos posted:

Opponent plays Esper Charm and says "targeting me". When he goes to draw cards, Ced stops him and calls a judge, because the only mode that targets a player is the discard mode.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ramos posted:

Cedric Phillips posted:

Him: End of your turn Esper Charm targeting me.
Me: [brief pause] Esper Charm targeting you?
Him: Yes. Esper Charm targeting me.
Me: You're targeting yourself?
Him: Yes. I am targeting myself.
Me: Judge!
A judge comes over.

Me: My opponent said Esper Charm targeting himself. Do you agree with that?
Him: Yes. I said Esper Charm targeting myself.
Judge: Okay.

Opponent goes to draw two cards.

Me: You have to discard two cards. The only mode on Esper Charm that targets a player is “discard two cards.”

Probably the only negative thing I have ever heard about the guy.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/19643_Insider_Information_The_Scumbag_Dilemma.html

To save you some time on the article its basically "If doing anything to win is scumbaggery, fine, I am a scumbag."

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
actually, he was needling his opponent's rumbling gut. try activating some beano you gassy rear end mother fucker

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Brownhat posted:

Opponent plays Esper Charm and says "targeting me". When he goes to draw cards, Ced stops him and calls a judge, because the only mode that targets a player is the discard mode.

Rofl that owns get wrecked idiot

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Read-the-card.txt

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sickening posted:

Eh, both players knew which card he was referring to and only one of them knew the angle to exploit. Its legal and a little scummy all at the same time. I don't know if I could let myself play that angle just to win. To each their own.

It's slightly scummy, maybe, but it's still more of a misplay on his opponent's part. No reason he couldn't take 5 seconds and make sure he had it right before finalizing.

And the Phillips story is even less scummy. He gave his opponent at least three opportunities to re-read his card and check what he was trying to do, even called a Judge. How much more do you need to make you think "Hmmm, I might be loving up here".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Read-the-card.txt

cedric practically told him "hey you dont know what your card does" and the thread still wants to call him out for punishing bad play lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hey all, get this, on MTGO if you target yourself with Esper Charm or name the wrong card, you get owned. playing for money is the same way, if you don't like it stay at FNM

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If nothing else, it's always better to say what the card will be doing, not where it's going. Saying "Draw mode" works far better.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think you could realistically make either of those mistakes on MTGO.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at everyone saying that it's scummy to not play your opponent's deck for them when there is thousands of dollars at stake

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ramos posted:

If nothing else, it's always better to say what the card will be doing, not where it's going. Saying "Draw mode" works far better.

Unless my 3am brain is being weird, "draw mode" is the correct one, since you choose modes before targets, and draw mode requires no target.

Pretty sure you can't make the wrong mode error on MTGO, for the reason I wrote above. You still can name the wrong card I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

You can't, it gives you a drop down menu of every possible mode and then individually says "pick player to discard" or something.

• Locked thread