Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

triplexpac posted:

I've put hundreds of hours into TEW2013, so I'm pretty stoked for 16.

But of course it's not going to be available on Steam. I had a sliver of hope, since some older games are on there

It's not going to be on for at least the first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

so for wwe2k16, what's the difference between no holds barred and extreme rules matches?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think in prior iterations the difference between Extreme Rules matches vs. "No DQ" was that the former allowed a selection of weapons from underneath the apron and the latter just produced chairs / the occasional sledgehammer. That might be the difference.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think Extreme Rules might be falls count anywhere as well.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Is goon squad goons4lyfe an SA group? I was accepted after requesting a few days ago.

We also need 1 more member for this weeks event

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4108256-WWE-2K16-Patch-1-04-notes-Patch-coming-soon
New patch for WWE2K16. Prep for the DLC next week too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

They "added entrance motions" for Balor and Owens. I haven't played enough to know what the change is

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
We really need to re-org the supercard teams by tier at some point. Playing matches with LLJK's deck is going to be swingy as gently caress because I'm bringing max pro legends but a lot of guys just have rares. I don't begrudge anyone that hasn't sunk way too much time into this game but man we're in for losing a lot of matches by one card.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

triplexpac posted:

They "added entrance motions" for Balor and Owens. I haven't played enough to know what the change is

https://youtu.be/eMD5LFwo2F8

https://youtu.be/rjR2C8QRwwU

MisterGBH fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 11, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

We really need to re-org the supercard teams by tier at some point. Playing matches with LLJK's deck is going to be swingy as gently caress because I'm bringing max pro legends but a lot of guys just have rares. I don't begrudge anyone that hasn't sunk way too much time into this game but man we're in for losing a lot of matches by one card.

I think it's just the one guy, alikeeze or something, who's that low, and I suspect he's just not playing anymore so we might just want to kick him? And then I think I'm the next weakest in LLJK, with a team of Perfect Pro URs, so if we want to move me over to a second-tier team, I'm happy to do so.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

I think it's just the one guy, alikeeze or something, who's that low, and I suspect he's just not playing anymore so we might just want to kick him? And then I think I'm the next weakest in LLJK, with a team of Perfect Pro URs, so if we want to move me over to a second-tier team, I'm happy to do so.

I don't really care that much TBH, I'd rather be welcoming than SUPER WIN THE GAME, but if you or alikeeze (or whoever) doesn't mind I think it's a good idea. It's probably too big of a project to re-org before today's event but maybe in future.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah for sure. After this event, if there's someone with Legendaries, Pro Epics, or better who wants my LLJK spot, I'm happy to swap.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You're not good enough to be in our fake fighting fake card game club, worm!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

• Addressed an issue where the Coup de Grace move didn’t animate and connect properly with the opponent

I'm not sure where the error is.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

You're not good enough to be in our fake fighting fake card game club, worm!

Look getting to see Survivor-tier Bret Hart do his finisher animation, which is a tombstone piledriver followed by anally raping his opponent in the corner, is something you have to earn.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

I play every day I just need to update my LLJK cards which I'll do now. My bad.

e: Swapped out my pro + Big E for an epic DB who's in the low to mid 300s. My Brie is up over 200 and my Seth is almost 300. If you guys wanna drop me cause I'm too low go ahead. I won't take it personally. I probably do have the weakest cards of everyone there.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 11, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Akileese posted:

I play every day I just need to update my LLJK cards which I'll do now. My bad.

Aw jeez, sorry about that then.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

Aw jeez, sorry about that then.

No worries! I forgot to swap out two cards there were slightly under powered. I thought I did it but didn't. They are still pretty low compared to everyone aside from maybe one other person on the team though. If I'm legit dragging you guys down feel free to jettison me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think right now we need folks to contribute bouts more than we need them to have super-strong decks, so if you could toss some +5's at the situation, that would be dope

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

I think right now we need folks to contribute bouts more than we need them to have super-strong decks, so if you could toss some +5's at the situation, that would be dope

There's a couple people that haven't played at all. :colbert:

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
What the hell do you have to do too move up in the card? I'm the wwe heavyweight champion and I still open raw/smack down or am in the 3rd spot. I want too main event damnit!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shadokin posted:

What the hell do you have to do too move up in the card? I'm the wwe heavyweight champion and I still open raw/smack down or am in the 3rd spot. I want too main event damnit!

- CM Punk, 2011-13

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Shadokin posted:

projecthalaxy posted:

- CM Punk, 2011-13

This ends with him trading in 2k16 for EA UFC 2 but never taking the game out of the shrink wrap.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

I picked up a little over 200. Was ridiculously busy Monday and couldn't contribute more then. Tried to do the best I could yesterday but it wasn't enough for Randy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Akileese posted:

I picked up a little over 200. Was ridiculously busy Monday and couldn't contribute more then. Tried to do the best I could yesterday but it wasn't enough for Randy.

Yeah it's really the bottom three of the team total points breakdown that weren't trying. Boo. Boo, you guys. Swagamemnon deserved his Randy.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah it's really the bottom three of the team total points breakdown that weren't trying. Boo. Boo, you guys. Swagamemnon deserved his Randy.

What's the easiest way to rank up? I've kind of hit that ultra rare wall where I've got good cards, but I'm getting RNG'd. I know what I need is two fully leveled super rares to turn into pros (at least that's how it was in season 1). Is it still the same?

Sorry. RNG= Random Number Generator...In that I'm getting really unlucky with pulling out the rare cards that reset the board. They're all poo poo. For every ultra rare or even super rare I pull, I get about 8 plain ol rare cards.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 13, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Akileese posted:

What's the easiest way to rank up? I've kind of hit that ultra rare wall where I've got good cards, but I'm getting RNG'd. I know what I need is two fully leveled super rares to turn into pros (at least that's how it was in season 1). Is it still the same?

RNG'd?

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Akileese posted:

I wasn't quite that high--wish I could have done more, but I was also busy. Two jobs and a tattoo session eats up a lot of time.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I think the big lesson here is that folks have lives and that nobody should bank on getting high-tier rewards from a Team Road to Glory unless they change up the scoring. And I say this as the top scorer.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
are the team events always 24 hours?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

Yeah I think the big lesson here is that folks have lives and that nobody should bank on getting high-tier rewards from a Team Road to Glory unless they change up the scoring. And I say this as the top scorer.

Yeah I mean I wasn't banking on anything I just felt bad because we could've snagged that Orton (that I absolutely can't use) for everyone that needed it if a couple folks had played more than 0-1 games.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I added a couple of people last night but if you want to play some 2K16 tonight or this weekend on PS4, add me!

My PSN is flashy_mcflash, same as my name here.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Maybe I need to get good, but jesus that submission mini game sucks in wwe2k16. I swear to god no matter what I do with the stick: rotate, push in a direction, whatever, nothing works. I always end up tapping out or lose my grip on the guy. can anyone give me any pointers?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's fidgety for a skill game but the trick is in using the trigger just right so that you keep up with the other guy's bar without overhsooting. It's the sort of thing that I suck at 9 times of 10 but on that last tenth I lock down focus on using the trigger smartly, and that's when I get submission wins. Avoiding tapping is much easier, I find, unless the body section has been worked over hard. If a stalemate lasts a yellow dot will appear on the circle that will give a major boost to whoever hits it with their bar first, but in practice the bars are moving so fast that it's a matter of luck.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
TEW is frustrating and I am bad at menu games.

How do you actually build momentum in this game? You'd think it would involve winning matches, but no, no, not really.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

TEW is frustrating and I am bad at menu games.

How do you actually build momentum in this game? You'd think it would involve winning matches, but no, no, not really.

Set guys to look strong in victory and use storylines. The big mistake that I used to always make was that I would always set matches to be open which essentially meant that everyone looks strong which means nobody looks strong.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Oh, interesting. I was told that Open matches are a really good way to build up characters' individual skills, but if it kills momentum and I can't put anyone over believably, then it's pointless how good they actually are.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Oh, interesting. I was told that Open matches are a really good way to build up characters' individual skills, but if it kills momentum and I can't put anyone over believably, then it's pointless how good they actually are.

Well, open matches are best for just when you want to just put on a good match as well as being good for blow off matches. If you're trying to build up a dudes momentum then you have to book them to at least be protected. Storylines are still the way to go because they can give a massive bump to momentum and popularity so they're great for elevating multiple people.

edit: I wouldn't say that open matches kill momentum per se but they're not very effective at building momentum.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Open matches also help prevent the guy on the losing end of his match from losing popularity. I'll use the open match note for the first two matches of a three match series between two main eventers, but not when Kane is squashing Zack Ryder in the opening of an episode of Raw.

As was mentioned above, the key is storylines in which specific workers look good. When you end the storyline, everyone who's looked good in it to that point will get big gains in momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, what I find really annoying about storylines is just how many of the default angles do nothing. Literally nothing. They're filler to make the crowd happy, but there's no actual momentum changes on the vast majority of angles, and that strikes me as crazy weird. I've taken to going into the Angle writer, but I feel decidedly cheap if I make an angle that goes "Major success!" for whoever, but, on the other hand, how else am I supposed to do it?