Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Were you looking for this site?

Yes, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

Where do the DLC outfits go? Do you have to buy them from Le Sage after buying them for real?

DLC section of the item menu.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh, right. Duh. Thanks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Really Pants posted:

If you have the game then the Falcnvrt tool makes it easy to do your own sprite rips.

Thanks. Is there a way to make it not mess up the palettes on the higher res sprites?

Erpy posted:

Never noticed that. It might be your computer.

Maybe a memory leak? Played for a while with the task manager on my second monitor and it steadily ate up more and more memory as I played. Maybe has to do with enemies/npcs on the field? Doesn't increase very quickly in towns and out in the wild, but in dungeons where you're going in and out of rooms constantly in shoots up pretty quickly. Like I can walk in and out of rooms and watch it jump up a little higher every time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

Thanks. Is there a way to make it not mess up the palettes on the higher res sprites?

Sorry, I wish I knew.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Jesus christ, Elise is such a bad character

Character traits:
1) Wants to gently caress her brother
2)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would be genuinely happy if both Trails games didn't have a subplot involving a brother and sister (NOT RELATED BY BLOOD) where people are trying to hook them up. Estelle and Joshua sort of make it work but that one particular element adds nothing but weirdness to it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Jesus christ, Elise is such a bad character

Character traits:
1) Wants to gently caress her brother
2)

she also flies off the handle whenever Rean is polite to any girl or does anything she doesn't approve of, which makes her 100% ideal wife material

I guess if they already knew each other before Rean poo poo-housed that sasquatch and got adopted into the family then it's...slightly less terrible? but yeah

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 10, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

elise is bad but alfin is good and they are normally together so it balances

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

elise is cute

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

elise is bad but alfin is good and they are normally together so it balances

Alfin is not good. Therefore it does not balance.

Alfin is amazing. So it's too heavily pushed towards amazingness.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Alfin compensates for how reserved Olivier has to be as he masterminds his plans.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Is there some way to get (late-joining party member) Crow a good social link level with anyone but Rean? His level 4 link bonus screams "pair me with emma/elliot/jusis" but I can't see getting him that high with any of them, and Rean isn't exactly casting arts enough to need that bonus

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm starting Cold Steel today on a serious level, rather than playing around with the mechanics. Should I be playing on Normal or Hard mode? Note that I found the difficulty in Trails SC to be perfectly balanced on normal mode.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hard

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Is there some way to get (late-joining party member) Crow a good social link level with anyone but Rean? His level 4 link bonus screams "pair me with emma/elliot/jusis" but I can't see getting him that high with any of them, and Rean isn't exactly casting arts enough to need that bonus

The only thing I can think of would be taking them all along on your remaining trips into the old schoolhouse. With a handful of exceptions like Laura & Fie, those dungeon crawls and the ends of chapters are the only real places for non-Rean link boosts. You can carry them over on NG+, for what it's worth.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...Huh, found an actual permanent (minor) graphical error that managed to slip by. Ferris Florald's(Y1 - Class I/II) second character note is accidentally shifted down one line, out of the text box.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does TitS have an easy difficulty setting at all? I don't remember.

This is for FC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FC has Normal, Hard, and Nightmare difficulties.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

FC Normal is basically easy, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
FC Normal is Easy.
FC Hard is Normal.
FC Nightmare is gently caress You.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm away from my setup for the moment but I can't seem to get Sky FC to display anything other than a black screen (but the sound works). Will changing something in the configuration tool help, and if not, what will?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

AweStriker posted:

I'm away from my setup for the moment but I can't seem to get Sky FC to display anything other than a black screen (but the sound works). Will changing something in the configuration tool help, and if not, what will?

If you have a poke about on the Steam forums for FC you're likely to find a few different things to try, but as I recall, the Hardware Vertex Shader setting (or whatever it was called, can't check right now) was usually a troublemaker, so try enabling/disabling that. If it's not that or some other setting in the configuration tool, then you could try verifying the files in Steam, but if that doesn't solve it then I'd have no idea.

(Could also be the intro videos causing trouble, which can also be disabled in the configuration tool)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm still plodding away in Chapter 3 of Cold Steel, but I'm curious. The Nord Highlands are beyond the border of Erebonia. Are they in one of the regions we're familiar with or a new one?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I would be genuinely happy if both Trails games didn't have a subplot involving a brother and sister (NOT RELATED BY BLOOD) where people are trying to hook them up. Estelle and Joshua sort of make it work but that one particular element adds nothing but weirdness to it.

I think Estelle and Joshua works because they first met at around 10/11 years old and then started to developed feelings for each other at age 15 or 16, which is ok, I guess. Elise and Rean though, they seemed to be brother and sister for a lot longer than that. Sidenote, I am at the end of Chapter 4. I liked how the Class VII guys and gals are, as a whole, ambivalent about Giliath Osbourne and his government . Olivert and us, the players, knows he's a scumbag because (spoilers for Trails FC and SC), he's responsible for wiping Hamel off the map, Joshua and Loewe's home village. .

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

davidHalestorm posted:

Sidenote, I am at the end of Chapter 4. I liked how the Class VII guys and gals are, as a whole, ambivalent about Giliath Osbourne and his government . Olivert and us, the players, knows he's a scumbag because (spoilers for Trails FC and SC), he's responsible for wiping Hamel off the map, Joshua and Loewe's home village. .

uh if im remembering right that wasn't him. it was a pro-war sect within erebonia that were all put to death after the government found out about it, at which point the whole incident was buried.

he is, however, connected to ourboros somehow because he knew the floating city was going to black out the power in Liberl and had already made plans to take advantage of that and invade.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's no way Rean and Elise is actually go anywhere so I didn't really pay it much mind.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

uh if im remembering right that wasn't him. it was a pro-war sect within erebonia that were all put to death after the government found out about it, at which point the whole incident was buried.

he is, however, connected to ourboros somehow because he knew the floating city was going to black out the power in Liberl and had already made plans to take advantage of that and invade.

poo poo, really? Could've sworn somebody mentioned that he was ultimately responsible.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cake Attack posted:

It's both, actually, as I recall - Osborne had some hand in that, and is one of the few to escape the fallout of the mess with his head on his shoulders. In fact, he was able to use the humiliation of Erebonia's defeat to push his agenda on other fronts - which may have been a "backup strat" of his personal plan.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I am assuming I am missing something in Celceta. I've played for about 3 hours and it is basically just running around this big forest aimlessly so far (after the prologue and initial side quests).
What am I supposed to be doing?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

ChiTownEddie posted:

I am assuming I am missing something in Celceta. I've played for about 3 hours and it is basically just running around this big forest aimlessly so far (after the prologue and initial side quests).
What am I supposed to be doing?

Your map has two points that Durren put a big X on: The river to the west and the big tree in the central area. Head towards one of those.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Having finished Cold Steel, I can say I found it much more enjoyable in every way when compared to FC/SC. Character, world, story, music, and biggest of all the gameplay. I came away from it having fun and wanting more as opposed to simply being thankful it was over.

Now I can get back to Brandish! I've finished the fourth area and have moved onto the final(?) area and they're wasting no time thowing some fairly annoying enemy/room setups at me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

pick-e posted:

Having finished Cold Steel, I can say I found it much more enjoyable in every way when compared to FC/SC. Character, world, story, music, and biggest of all the gameplay. I came away from it having fun and wanting more as opposed to simply being thankful it was over.

wait, are you saying you played through the entirety of two 40-50 hour long jrpgs even though you hated every minute of it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

wait, are you saying you played through the entirety of two 40-50 hour long jrpgs even though you hated every minute of it

Games

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I mean you can enjoy something enough to want to see it through to the end while still being glad it's over when it is

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I felt like Cold Steel 1 was much more of a slog given that it was doing the same style of setup as FC but with over twice the run time. The characters are also a lot less immediately likeable due to oversaturation, and by the end of the game not enough of them are fleshed out. Plot ends up a bit more interesting than FC but SC is still far away the best in every respect but gameplay in my opinion.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

The Colonel posted:

Hate? Nah, they were okay. There were points where I was having fun, others just on cruise control, and some where they just felt like a slog.

Zaggitz posted:

I felt like Cold Steel 1 was much more of a slog given that it was doing the same style of setup as FC but with over twice the run time. The characters are also a lot less immediately likeable due to oversaturation, and by the end of the game not enough of them are fleshed out. Plot ends up a bit more interesting than FC but SC is still far away the best in every respect but gameplay in my opinion.
I felt almost all of the CS party members were fleshed out though? Emma, Rean I guess, and two others maybe weren't so much, but with the rest we pretty much got their intros and backstories/motivations and in some cases overcoming some of their issues in just one game. Compared to FC where it was intro's with maybe a vague tease or two of their backstory.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
XSEED posted a mini update on CS2's progress.
https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/posts/1304114426280634:0

They are still expecting 2016, which is cool, hopefully they make it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like the cast members in CS1 end up overall better than the cast members in FC in terms of development. They do not get as much individual development as Joshua or Estelle but they end up a lot better than Tita or Zane or whoever are by that point. Most of the non-Agate/Kloe party members in FC felt underdeveloped to me and only really got better in SC where they have more of a presence. (Oliver is probably the closest but is more amusing than developed I think.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

XSEED posted a mini update on CS2's progress.
https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/posts/1304114426280634:0

They are still expecting 2016, which is cool, hopefully they make it.

There's not much to worry about when it comes to Cold Steel, it's just a normal localization job as opposed to the mess that was getting SC working.