Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Not sure if it was posted here yet, but episode 6 of that Fantasy Kaleidoscope anime has been completed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgL6L030XY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Those subs are bad but I'll take what I can get.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here's one with subs that actually have proper grammar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQGOELs2fEE

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

She is one of the few youkai doing her best to make an honest living, and she even still finds the time to perform in a band on the side, bringing joy to many of Gensokyo's residents.

She manipulates people into going to her store by making passerbys deaf and then claiming to sell food that improves hearing.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She manipulates people into going to her store by making passerbys deaf and then claiming to sell food that improves hearing.

Honestly, if you're willing to walk in the middle of the night through a youkai-infested forest, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

she stopped doing that early on tho because people actually genuinely came to the stand cuz it was good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

she stopped doing that early on tho because people actually genuinely came to the stand cuz it was good

I don't remember this. But I'll believe it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
it's in the same chapter of one of the books that reveals that she can't read and also her lyrics are awful gibberish

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

it's in the same chapter of one of the books that reveals that she can't read and also her lyrics are awful gibberish

When most other youkai are NEETs who passes the time by harassing innocents, Mystia has a steady job and even works on overcoming her dyslexia with her art. She's the most inspiring Touhou.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

El Burbo posted:

Ah, but you see, now the universe will conspire against you so that you somehow did vote for Clownpiece

checkmate Sagume

Perhaps I was intentionally lying or I wasn't. :thejoke:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Isn't Keine a legit schoolteacher or is that just a meme thing?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mazed posted:

Isn't Keine a legit schoolteacher or is that just a meme thing?

She's a teacher, canonically

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

She is indeed canonically a teacher

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
I am voting for San Andreas, both ironically and unironically.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

WeeabooJudas posted:

I am voting for San Andreas, both ironically and unironically.

The movie, the Grand Theft Auto game, or the faultline?

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The movie, the Grand Theft Auto game, or the faultline?

Wales Grey posted:

I'm a big fan of "Crown Peace", but at the same time you need to consider the appeal of

Yamaxanadu

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fairies! (in avatar form)

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

El Burbo posted:

I'd totally snag one if I didn't have this one already.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Early rough poll numbers: https://twitter.com/kzrmk/status/686143850348331008

Reimu's in the lead again, but she's neck and neck with Koishi. The dark horse this time seems to be Sagume, at #5, barely pushing the Scarlet sisters out of the top 5. Clownpiece is #19 so far, between Kogasa and Yukari.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 11, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

japanese people really fuckin like sagume

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The tweet author suspects vote stuffing, actually.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

The tweet author suspects vote stuffing, actually.

If I can't trust the authenticity of the Touhou poll, what can I trust?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All that happened is that Sagume said she wouldn't do very well.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'll be very surprised if Satori keeps that 3rd place spot. She hasn't really appeared in anything since SA, and piggybacking off Koishi only gets you so far.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Frandle has one of the least number of appearances of any Windows character, but she's been in the top 5 forever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HellCopter posted:

I'll be very surprised if Satori keeps that 3rd place spot. She hasn't really appeared in anything since SA, and piggybacking off Koishi only gets you so far.

i will be pleased because satori is in fact my favorite (that isn't a fairy)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm gonna be really mad if Mamizou still isn't even in the top 50 this year.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sagume is a great Touhou, so I am pleased.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Sagume is what happened when ZUN deactivates his Chuunibyou Limiter so it's not much of a surprise. Clownpiece and Hecatia had more initial impact but they have less story/joke potential, it seems.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Clownpiece, Hecatia, and Junko have morphed from dastardly schemers to just a trio of lazy people hanging around doing nothing.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Clownpiece, Hecatia, and Junko have morphed from dastardly schemers to just a trio of lazy people hanging around doing nothing.

Literally every Touhou ending.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Good IMO

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is there a consensus on how Sagume's power actually works yet?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

As it should be.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Rand Brittain posted:

Is there a consensus on how Sagume's power actually works yet?

It will never be said.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Junko's kinda up there with Yuyuko, as being someone with a hella sad backstory but who's now thoroughly earned their right to chill out and be another lazy rear end in a top hat with godlike powers in Gensokyo.

El Burbo posted:

Cute, but insufficiently spinny.

Also, no Clownpiece.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mazed posted:

Junko's kinda up there with Yuyuko, as being someone with a hella sad backstory but who's now thoroughly earned their right to chill out and be another lazy rear end in a top hat with godlike powers in Gensokyo..

Unlike Yuyuko Junko doesn't really seem to want to chill out and stop giving a poo poo about her tragic past though, since she has used her powers to make herself revenge and hatred personified or something.

I'm just surprised I haven't seen anyone trying to connect Junko with Kaguya just for the whole Chang' E thing, since Kaguya and her have really similar myths.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm glad they have successfully integrated into Gensokyo culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

So they're actually staying in Gensokyo instead of returning to wherever they were before?