Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baal posted:

I want an opinion from the thread and this is not 100% a guaranteed thing that is going to happen, but if I were to maybe possibly LP JoJo games should I theoretically start in chronological order of game release or game based on series. The former has the benefit of allowing me to show off the changes in both game tech with JoJo games and the trading of the IP to different publishers and how that effects and the other pushes the story in order but forces me to play an insanely lovely game to start and I wouldn't want to maybe set the mood of a theoretical JoJo LP with the worst game first.

I'd suggest if you really don't want to play much of a lovely game, just show off a little bit of it and write about why it's bad. There aren't really many Jojo games, but it would suck if you burned out because you felt obligated to play through them entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in the past there definitely have been threads solely for the purpose of playing through all the games pertaining to a series, or at least showcasing them to some degree. a jojo's game one would probably be welcome.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jojo's Bizarre Megathread: Stardust LPers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baal posted:

I actually completely forgot Waffleman was planning to do that

Waffleman if you are reading this talk to me, baby

Yo, what up. Yeah, I'm just doing the two, but I have no problems with making it a megathread if others want to contribute.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 10, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Regular Polnareff or Anubis?

sorry, the second of the Anubis-Polnareff fights. I'd like to beat it for the rewards you get, but honestly he's so much faster and has moves that do Jotaro's whole health so I'm going to have to call this one until a NG+, I guess

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Wild Horses posted:

Diego is still 100% ok with letting wekapipo die though. He didn't feel that one in the slightest

Johnny Joestar posted:

i didn't either, so maybe diego is onto something there

excuse me

Protect Wekapipo At All Costs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Yo, what up. Yeah, I'm just doing the two, but I have no problems with making it a megathread if others want to contribute.

I mean we can talk about it, but I'd rather it be two separate threads tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baal posted:

I mean we can talk about it, but I'd rather it be two separate threads tbh

If you wanna do the SNES game, I'm fine with just making my thread be for 7SU. Less work for me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I absolutely love that jotaro's cigarette is backwards

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

If you wanna do the SNES game, I'm fine with just making my thread be for 7SU. Less work for me.

No please do the SNES game, I'm begging you.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

mr. stefan posted:

I absolutely love that jotaro's cigarette is backwards

I thought that was ash.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Baal posted:

No please do the SNES game, I'm begging you.

Fineo dineo. Any objections to my doing 7SU? That's the part I'm really married to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah go for it.if I put up any videos of it it'll be a one-shot of me playing it for like half an hour, you're good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cool, that's settled.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Moltrey posted:

This is a good post and I agree with it 100%. The AU Diego fight is great thematically and conceptually, just it coming off of Valentine left me real exasperated the first time. While it ties in with the ending in a way you can't really move it, I'm conflicted it on in weird ways that may just be me.

Steel Ball Run is probably Araki's best writing on a large scale and great characterization. Johnny and Gyro are super good characters with Johnny probably being one of the most nuanced JoJo's. It's just all so good and I hope JoJolion is even half as good. Right now I have no idea what I think about JoJolion cause What The gently caress.

i will probably have to reread the series at some point, SBR sticks out as something that i should have liked more but was fatigued by the end of. hot pants dying sucked, i was confused by some of the stand poo poo, and DIegO seemed p out of nowhere, but i was definitely just shooting through it to catch up. i love the phrase THE WORLD WHERE EVERYTHING IS BASED a lot though

also i need to reread jojolion bc lmao :psyduck:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Baal posted:

Nah go for it.if I put up any videos of it it'll be a one-shot of me playing it for like half an hour, you're good.

I hope you make a point of covering the Heritage fighting game because to this day I still get excited when people talk about it. it probably ranks in my top 10 of fighting games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What a coincidence because it's my favorite fighting game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It owns and Kakyoin's normals own

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Baal posted:

What a coincidence because it's my favorite fighting game

I haven't played in forever, but if you need someone for exhibitions I could bust out my fight stick for it, though for an lp just doing the story mode might be better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My plan for the LP is to upload companion videos to the super story mode eps where I talk about the respective characters of the game and show off their moves and some combos and talk about their playstyle and who is cool. I have a lot of love for that game and it sounds like it would be a good idea if I just started the LP with that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also you might see three different versions of the game used in that LP too because I am not using the PS1 version to show off how fun the actual game is

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I played the Heritage fighting game as my first Actual Fighting Game and fighting Avdol with Jotaro in the prison was the hardest thing in the world. Then ASB came out and I got good with spamming Kakyoin's Emerald Splash and then sorta good with Josuke.

I'm real bad at fighting games.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Same. It'll be fun to actually see people play the game as it was intended instead of hitting a bunch of buttons and hoping it works out.

I mained Kakyoin, Mariah, and Midler, and got sort of okay because I always brought the game to my friends' weekly game sessions and forced everybody to play it with me.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

You have good taste

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Moltrey posted:

I played the Heritage fighting game as my first Actual Fighting Game and fighting Avdol with Jotaro in the prison was the hardest thing in the world. Then ASB came out and I got good with spamming Kakyoin's Emerald Splash and then sorta good with Josuke.

Yeah, I tried he demo for Heritage and I have never been able to beat Abdul, the very first fight. I don't know how people play these things.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I've seen Abdul body more new fighting game players than any other first fight ever. projectile spam characters are really hard for new people to fight against already, and even though the first fight is easy if you know about how to compete with that character type, throwing someone against him to start is really rough.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Kakyoin is so OP on that game that it's not funny, especially if you play him like one dude did: just light punch and throws

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I like to think that the folks at Capcom really wanted him to have a good showing after his disappointing return in the manga.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Honest Thief posted:

Kakyoin is so OP on that game that it's not funny, especially if you play him like one dude did: just light punch and throws
Isn't Petshop even more broken?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, he's one of the most broken fg chars

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
And the longstanding tradition continues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg3jdCsybaU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Jojolity"? Is this Mortal Kombat now?

On a different note, what's the context for Giorno going "That's bullshit, but I believe it."? I can't remember, but I feel like he said it to Abacchio.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 11, 2016

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
In tentatively related JoJo news, Kira's doppelganger, David Bowie died of cancer today.

:smith:

He's floating far above the world now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Really sucks. A lot of music legends are bowing out this winter.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:rip:

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Of course the JoJo thread is where I first hear about this. loving hell.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'll never forgive Araki for not sharing the mask with Bowie.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well that came as some surprise. :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
people knew bowie was struggling with cancer but I don't think it was clear just how bad things are

a lot of his songs on his last album definitely have a vibe of "well this is it!"

still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It's pretty incredible they had to put Bowie in the loving ground before he making incredible music. ★