Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vogler posted:

Oh yeah he played the obnoxious rich human being in Titanic. He was better suited for that.

Alright! That's it!
* takes off watch
I want a 200 word essay about how his character did not deserve to die in Critters, or there's gonna be trouble mister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I'm doing a re-watch and might have to skip some episodes to avoid Billy Zane. The Ben Horne sub-plot owns, as does the Major Briggs stuff.

(But to be honest, there are amazing moments in every episode. I start noticing some of the little things this time, like the fact that Norma's rear end in a top hat Mom mentioning that she meant her morally bankrupt husband at a Republican fundraiser. They really mess up on Audrey in S2 IMO, the reason I don't like Billy Zane is because she's so dull with him, she is good in all her scenes with Cooper and Bobby)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=SfPv57KBpJI Also a new (non) teaser trailer. It's just landscape footage and what seems to be a Michael Horse interview about the mysticism of the location. P sure not scripted lines. And some horrifying, screaming vagueness at the end.

Deputy Hawk looks really storied and wise. Hope he plays a major role.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Michael Horse continues to be near the very apex of cool names

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

crowoutofcontext posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=SfPv57KBpJI Also a new (non) teaser trailer. It's just landscape footage and what seems to be a Michael Horse interview about the mysticism of the location. P sure not scripted lines. And some horrifying, screaming vagueness at the end.

A few people have said that they think that's David Lynch, but I think it's Ray Wise.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

A few people have said that they think that's David Lynch, but I think it's Ray Wise.

Yeah, I thought so, too.

Really glad they're committed to never fixing that typo, by the way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And More posted:

Yeah, I thought so, too.

Really glad they're committed to never fixing that typo, by the way.

What typo?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The population of Twin Peaks should be 5,120. The production team had to change the sign because producers thought audiences would hate the small town setting. In-universe, it's a typo.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

On the one hand, why would it still have the same population 25 years later, but on the other hand yeah totally, of course it does

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

robot roll call posted:

On the one hand, why would it still have the same population 25 years later, but on the other hand yeah totally, of course it does

Except for Major Briggs.

And Pete.

And the Log Lady.

:smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Except for Major Briggs.

And Pete.

And the Log Lady.

:smith:

They were all replaced by children. What goes up must come down and vice versa.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Thom and the Heads posted:

Michael Horse continues to be near the very apex of cool names

His birth name is Michael Heinrich and he changed it to Horse for reasons I don't know.

But def for cool reasons. Unknown, cool reasons.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

crowoutofcontext posted:

I'm doing a re-watch and might have to skip some episodes to avoid Billy Zane. The Ben Horne sub-plot owns, as does the Major Briggs stuff.

(But to be honest, there are amazing moments in every episode. I start noticing some of the little things this time, like the fact that Norma's rear end in a top hat Mom mentioning that she meant her morally bankrupt husband at a Republican fundraiser. They really mess up on Audrey in S2 IMO, the reason I don't like Billy Zane is because she's so dull with him, she is good in all her scenes with Cooper and Bobby)

Deputy Hawk looks really storied and wise. Hope he plays a major role.

Totally agreed. She meets Cooper later during The Earle investigation and nothing happens between them, it's like they've never met before.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-cast-audey-showtime-1201678613/

Sherilyn is apparently in, and Lara is apparently out. Sherilyn tweeted about this, so she seems to be more or less confirmed.

Audrey is cool and Donna isn't, so I'm fine with this.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

http://deadline.com/2016/01/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-cast-audey-showtime-1201678613/

Sherilyn is apparently in, and Lara is apparently out. Sherilyn tweeted about this, so she seems to be more or less confirmed.

Audrey is cool and Donna isn't, so I'm fine with this.

I'm hoping they bring back Alicia Witt to play Donna's youngest sister Gersten, maybe following in her father's footsteps as a doctor.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
It would be absolutely bonkers if Sherilyn was out, of anyone else in the former cast she seems to be by far the most involved with fan interaction and such. She has massive love for TP and the fans.

I mean, she types social media posts like a 14 year old, but still.

(I guess it's possible she wouldn't get a part because Lynch couldn't work Audrey into the story, but that's unlikely)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Good thing they already have another Donna they can use.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Lynch is out, btw.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Baloogan posted:

Lynch is out, btw.

Again?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
not finding a single source on that claim that isn't from april 2015 so im gonna assume its false

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Definitely not April 1st.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Baloogan posted:

Yes but then he came back. That is old news

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I said April, not April 1st. He pulled out on April 5th because he wasn't getting enough money and then all the fans and the entire cast made videos and bitched out Showtime so he came back. That's almost a year ago now.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
omg really? please source it so I can literally jump for joy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Baloogan posted:

Lol.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ya I saw that but like isn't SHO showtime? i dunno tv

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Baloogan posted:

In April 2015, David Lynch announced that he was no longer involved in S3 of Twin Peaks on the Showtime Network. However, in May 2015, David Lynch announced that a deal was worked out after all, and he would be involved in S3 of Twin Peaks on the Showtime Network.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Yes, which is the same network if was planned for...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
okay thank god

no disrespect to the cast and all, but without this era's finest surrealist it wouldn't be special.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Thanks for all the terrible new posts I thought something actually happened for a minute there!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope Lynch has crazy enough hair for season 3.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Haven't seen it definitely confirmed, but TVLine is saying that Laura Dern will be joining the show. :swoon:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hopefully Nic Cage will be joining her.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
I hope she plays Nikki Grace.

Also David Bowie cameo please.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

el oso posted:

Haven't seen it definitely confirmed, but TVLine is saying that Laura Dern will be joining the show. :swoon:
Here's my reaction to that:

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Lord Krangdar posted:

That won't be happening now :( RIP

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

JazzFlight posted:

Here's my reaction to that:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuuuuu

Harley C posted:

That won't be happening now :( RIP

Oh. Welp, this is how I found out, I guess.
I doubt mortality is something that can stymie Lynch.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 11, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lord Krangdar posted:

I hope she plays Nikki Grace.

wow you've got great timing mate.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

God dammit, not David Bowie. :smith:

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Phillip Jeffries part of FWWM is one of my favorite scenes. RIP Bowie.

• Locked thread