Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

wait what happened

I don't know but I didn't have a rank from inactivity and when j played again I was with silver 2s and 3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I don't know but I didn't have a rank from inactivity and when j played again I was with silver 2s and 3s.

have you played since they added account levels and made it so you need account level 3 to play ranked? I had to grind for hours in DM just to play competitive again

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Csgo is cool and you guys should play more of it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ridonkulous posted:

Was there ever a follow up to the French Revolution game (already the 2nd or 3rd in a series)?
Or another The Cube game?

do you mean the mafia game? or the play by post roleplay one?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ridonkulous posted:

Was there ever a follow up to the French Revolution game (already the 2nd or 3rd in a series)?
Or another The Cube game?

Unfortunately not, but here's a list of every NationSim that has ever been run on SomethingAwful. Ecco did a follow up a while back set in the same universe in the microstate of Indian Springs.

There's been some discussion in the Presidential Election thread about doing a simulation of the Articles of Confederation.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 10, 2016

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

EccoRaven posted:

do you mean the mafia game? or the play by post roleplay one?

Mafia.

Wasn't there a witch hunt, French revolution, and something else in the series?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I played Star Wars Imperial Assault today. We just ran the tutorial but it as a lot of fun, even if two of the other players did not get it or did not care. We may try running some more two player games of it in the future.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Ecco did a follow up a while back set in the same universe in the microstate of Indian Springs.

!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

have you played since they added account levels and made it so you need account level 3 to play ranked? I had to grind for hours in DM just to play competitive again

Yeah that poo poo took forever.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've put something like 160 hours in Elite Dangerous and I stopped playing it completely when I re-upped my Eve Online account.

Elite is good as a combat game but they really hate the fact they had to make an MMO. Everything that interacts with other players is weakly done.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mafia thread I have answered over 1500 practice questions today and think I am going to pass this exam.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Mafia thread I have answered over 1500 practice questions today and think I am going to pass this exam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

I've put something like 160 hours in Elite Dangerous and I stopped playing it completely when I re-upped my Eve Online account.

Elite is good as a combat game but they really hate the fact they had to make an MMO. Everything that interacts with other players is weakly done.

I believe that based on the tutorials alone. There's all these advanced combat maneuvers they so desperately want you to do, and so little on the rest of the game.

But honestly the combat is fairly boring and also confusing. I don't do 3D that well and so getting things in front of me is difficult, although I've learned how to read the HUD better which has been an improvement. The tiny circle with the filled in or solid circle is much, much easier to follow than the giant radar in front of you.

I'm probably gonna have to do some combat though. It's really hard to make non-combat money when you're first starting out. If I got floated around 50,000 credits I could do rare commodities trading which seems interesting, but you start with so little money.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think the combat and the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between various ships is the best part of Elite. The HUD takes some time to learn and read at a glance during combat but once you do the combat really shines. I hope your playing with a joystick/throttle at least.

But interactions with other players is terrible. Just absolutely awful.

Eve Online has its issues but interacting with other players is the highlight.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I played Star Wars Imperial Assault today. We just ran the tutorial but it as a lot of fun, even if two of the other players did not get it or did not care. We may try running some more two player games of it in the future.
I've almost finished a campaign of that, things get crazy once you get better powers. Only 3 missions to go!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I completed the first Assassin's Creed! I haven't completed a video game since the summer of 2014 (Rogue Legacy) so this is a big achievement for me! :toot: But now I can't decide which of my Steam games to do next! Please help me, goons!

(I gave up on collecting flags, I'm a fraud :negative:)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/405640

go wild

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I completed the first Assassin's Creed! I haven't completed a video game since the summer of 2014 (Rogue Legacy) so this is a big achievement for me! :toot: But now I can't decide which of my Steam games to do next! Please help me, goons!

If you didn't 100% the game, then it doesn't count.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

it was one of the best things I ever made.

QuoProQuid posted:

Unfortunately not, but here's a list of every NationSim that has ever been run on SomethingAwful. Ecco did a follow up a while back set in the same universe in the microstate of Indian Springs.

There's been some discussion in the Presidential Election thread about doing a simulation of the Articles of Confederation.

this list doesn't include the haitisim I made that was also in the same universe.

Ridonkulous posted:

Mafia.

Wasn't there a witch hunt, French revolution, and something else in the series?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2728893

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052583

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3247954

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386629

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563552

they were really fun games but I didn't get to play in any of them unfortunately. :(

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 10, 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

it was one of the best things I ever made.

It really was.

EccoRaven posted:

this list doesn't include the haitisim I made that was also in the same universe.

I don't think I ever saw that one. Do you have a link?

You should finally run France 2012: Apocalypse when the Soldiers Game finishes up.

I think I pre-signed up for that after Omnis Divisia.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 10, 2016

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

QuoProQuid posted:

It really was.

I don't think I ever saw that one. Do you have a link?

You should finally run France 2012: Apocalypse when the Soldiers Game finishes up.

I think I pre-signed up for that after Omnis Divisia.

I don't but I abandoned it spring 2013 so check around then in the archives.

I will probably die before running france 2012.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi mafs. Christmas holidays blew, and now i'm back at work. The worst time of year every year ugh

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So you had the whole week of rain off work?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
yep, took an extra week off too. waste of fucken leave

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have left Sydney. It was poo poo coming back from Tassie and great weather to a week of rain and getting soaked when commuting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 27, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

Post a screencap of your library or a link to your steam ID.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently David Bowie has died

RIP

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/686441083648212992

:(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
David Bowie is hugely important to me but I'm dreading telling my sister. She generally doesn't get news until a couple days later so I'll have to be the one to tell her tomorrow morning. She'll be devastated.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Aw, gently caress. David Bowie. I'm gonna cry a little.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's stepping out the door and he's floating in a most peculiar way :smith:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've been going through his discography, picking things out at random to listen to. There are lines that have edges now that didn't before.

e: I'm using Beethoven's 6th as a bit of a cleanser. I'm probably going to be a mess for my first day back at work tomorrow, bleah.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bowmore posted:

Apparently David Bowie has died

RIP

gently caress. I hope he went peaceful like. There was no one else like him and I regret to have only discovered his genius just a few years ago. He's a true rock legend.

I'll be doing the discography while I can at https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 11, 2016

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Mafia thread I need help/advice

I'm dealing with a lovely chronic pain issue that flares up really bad every once in a while. Today is the first day of the semester and it's so bad it woke me up out of a deep sleep. I feel like missing the first day would not be a great way to start the semester. Tests about this condition have been inconclusive but I have a pretty strong inkling as to what's going on. Please tell me what I should do:

- attempt to ignore the pain and go to school, it will suck an awful lot but obviously I'm not going to die since this has been going on for a while
- go to urgent care, where I will almost surely be kept waiting a long time and then billed a lot for very little actual treatment
- take benadryl and try to sleep through the pain, missing the first day of most of my classes
- try to score some kind of pain medication from the homeless people outside my building
- smoke weed for the next couple hours, go to class barely functional, apologize to teachers for being barely functional

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would do the last one but not apologize to the teachers

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You should probably see a doc and have them give you prescribed pain killers lutr

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

You should probably see a doc and have them give you prescribed pain killers lutr
this one

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bowmore, you've got to learn to break news more softly. I saw your facebook post hours ago and it ruined my evening. I was still in shock when the deluge of posts came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

Bowmore, you've got to learn to break news more softly. I saw your facebook post hours ago and it ruined my evening. I was still in shock when the deluge of posts came.
Sorry mate, I was also in shock.