Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jerkface posted:

i love it when some dipshit has the bomb defuser, and im on voice comms telling them to plant it at the completely empty bomb which also has an easy to camp plant site where we can all sit outside and cover it from safety, and they are loving crouch walking away from the bomb up the stairs into another part of the map, where they die and drop the defuser and cause us to lose because the enemy has entrenched themselves in some bullshit nothing part of the map. This kind of thing is understandable in casual, but in ranked its loving ridiculous if I ever have to deal with that poo poo.

The best part is, doing the objective is an ez way to get kills because the defense has no choice but to come back to the objective or lose. Just do the objective, camp, and wait for the kills to roll in!!

Be sure to tell them by name to bring the defuser. It's easy to forget you're the one carrying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vengarr posted:

Be sure to tell them by name to bring the defuser. It's easy to forget you're the one carrying.

is "dumbfuck" or "shitdick" a name

edit: Why does this game make it so hard to love? I have never had anyone do the outside glitch thing during prep phase and now 75% of my matches have 3+ ppl on the enemy team glitch outside.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 9, 2016

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Is it just me or are the servers hosed up tonight?

Every game is like playing cops and robbers on ketamine.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Doctor_Acula posted:

Is it just me or are the servers hosed up tonight?

Every game is like playing cops and robbers on ketamine.

On PC? We didn't have any problems in 4-5 hours of playtime tonight.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Ruzihm posted:

You aren't wrong about the defender having time on his side, but if you are merely sitting still (defender or not), you are at a disadvantage unless you are hard to spot at first glance:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/ImportantIllfatedCoati.webm

You can always spam crouch stand and be very hard to hit.
Like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwtY7Xx3gpo

Maybe it doesn't works so well on 60hz servers.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Ok I'm playing the Situations to get The hang of things and having a load of fun, I do have one quick question though; is it possible to deploy a second breaching charge without detonating the first one?

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
No

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Ok I'm playing the Situations to get The hang of things and having a load of fun, I do have one quick question though; is it possible to deploy a second breaching charge without detonating the first one?

Only Thermite can do this.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Orv posted:

Only Thermite can do this.

Ok, thank you, I don't know if you get to use him in a Situation (I haven't as yet) but I'll bear that in mind for MP.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Yes, he's in one of the later ones.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Ok, thank you, I don't know if you get to use him in a Situation (I haven't as yet) but I'll bear that in mind for MP.

you waste a special charge to do this

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Jumping on now: BurleighHead (PS4)

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

The Saboteur posted:

Jumping on now: BurleighHead (PS4)

I just sent you a request.

Do we have a ps4 community for r6goons? My buddy and I (non-goon) play a few nights a week. I am still only 18 but we'll jump to ranked once I hit 20.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMb-YUTelEk

Shield recruit rushes are great.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

That ending was magnificent. Witness me!

berry paris
Jun 30, 2007

looking for pals to play with on PC uplay - p3t3ycl1cks

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Sorry to the goons that were going on that 8 hour win streak together, turns out my ISP is working on the network in my area today and I have to post from my phone!

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Krogort posted:

You can always spam crouch stand and be very hard to hit.
Like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwtY7Xx3gpo

Maybe it doesn't works so well on 60hz servers.

Yea, that's a great example of low tick.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Goddamn. If prime a grenade, die does it still go off?

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

So I just played a game with pubbies where one of the guys went outside during prep as Tachanka and killed all but one defender at spawn, so I shot the hostage and ended it in OpFor's favor, because gently caress cheaters.

And then my team votekicked the cheater.

But then my team started teamkilling me at the start of every round for ... losing the previous round for them.

Pubbies.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Holy gently caress bandits shotgun is so good. You can just tear people up through walls if you know which corner they're around.

Nitro is so good but on the right maps of you can rush out and hit the tops of staircases in time it's pretty easy to block any drones from hitting the single objective mode objective sites.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Airplane headshot ace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Fxj2XL5ak

Sweet bank defense roaming ace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCCUF8YMGU

Siq nasty airplane drop-in almost ace (if it wasn't for some enemy ff):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUbcyBqD8g

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Keshik posted:

So I just played a game with pubbies where one of the guys went outside during prep as Tachanka and killed all but one defender at spawn

Been doing this all day today, will probably continue until they patch it out. Can't beat em, join em, etc.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Great Beer posted:

Been doing this all day today, will probably continue until they patch it out. Can't beat em, join em, etc.

How do you sleep at night

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Great Beer posted:

all maps or any specific maps?

Edit: they need to just implement an auto kill feature or something during defense phase.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Reddit had a pretty good idea regarding Montagne (and other shield users): Basically, walk up behind them and hold F to latch on to them. Montagne can then walk the two of your aroundand you can lean out to the left/right to shoot around him while using him as cover. Would make coordinating with shields much easier and vastly reduce the number of times you get shot in the back bye your teammates.

The Duggler posted:

How do you sleep at night

Comfortably.

Dead Like Rev posted:

all maps or any specific maps?

Edit: they need to just implement an auto kill feature or something during defense phase.

Every map, any doorway. Prone in front of the door as close to the red wall as you can, hold forward and sprint, and tap F just long enough to start the barricade animation. It throws you outside and you're free to do whatever. Enjoy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
An old killcam, but shows how obvious some of the hackers in this game are:
https://streamable.com/yetz

On House on secure area maps this tactic is surprisingly viable:
https://streamable.com/njmi

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Which shotguns are decent in this aside from the 1014 and sasg? Trying to get better with them but some of the pumps seem awful and I can't tell if it's due to the gun or me being bad.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The 590 (SAS) and M870 (GSG9) are both really good, haven't had too much luck with the GIGN shotgun.

vvv Just use what you like.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 11, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
someone should make an effort post regarding what weapons to pick and attachments to get, for all of the operatives

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
SAS: L85A2
Ash: R4-C
Twitch: F2
Fuze: AK & 6P41 are both good for different stuff
IQ: Commando
GIGN def: Mp5

The other operators all just have like a choice between an SMG/Rifle & a shotgun. In which case, you take the auto if you're on an opener map/want to plink and take the shotgun if you're on a close map/want to camp a specific area.

Always take foregrip, red dot, and compensator. You can pick up the ACOG if you plan to stand very far away and shoot into windows and poo poo but I find the ADS time is too slow when I equip it so I tend not to use it.

Pistols: I always like the choice that has more ammo/fires faster than the high damage options because being able to spam is important.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Keshik posted:

So I just played a game with pubbies where one of the guys went outside during prep as Tachanka and killed all but one defender at spawn, so I shot the hostage and ended it in OpFor's favor, because gently caress cheaters.

And then my team votekicked the cheater.

But then my team started teamkilling me at the start of every round for ... losing the previous round for them.

Pubbies.

I saw this twice today. The idiot tried, couldn't find us, promptly got shot in no man's land.

Pubs are so inexplicably dumb in this game at times. I nearly lost a round 3v1 as attackers because our shield went in a room, started taking fire and ran, killing his teammate. I took care of things myself :commissar:

I absolute hate pump shot guns. You miss, you are probably screwed. If there are more than one, you are definitely screwed

also why on earth do people rock laser sights???

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Jerkface posted:

SAS: L85A2
Ash: R4-C
Twitch: F2
Fuze: AK & 6P41 are both good for different stuff
IQ: Commando
GIGN def: Mp5

Really pretty debatable, for example the L85A2 might have an extra 5 rounds in the magazine over the HK33, but the HK33 has a higher ROF and thus higher DPS. Same goes for the P90 with GIGN, you might not be able to shoot as accurately as with the MP5 and it has less damage per shot, but headshots still OHK as far as I know and you have a much higher ROF (so again, a higher DPS) with a higher capacity.

Really just try all of them, I don't think there's any particular meta for the weapons when it comes down to it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Fuze grenades.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I'm actually surprised at the fact that I've yet to witness a pentafeed in this game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Reminder: IQ has an LMG with really fast reload speed, which is worth taking.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I've followed the advice from earlier in the thread and unlocked Thermite and Rook as my first two guys, but as I understand it as they're so popular they tend to go quickly.

So who would you suggest I unlock next? Ideally I'd like to go for a couple of people who aren't very popular, so that I get to use them more often and really learn how to use them, but can still make a contribution to my team. If it helps, I didn't really get on with Glaz in his Situation.

Thank you!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sledge cuts through levels like a knife, so if you like setting the pace and being aggressive go with him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Bandit and Jaeger are 2 good defenders that are not that popular. I can almost always take either.

Sledge and Thatcher are 2 very useful attackers. I rarely see Thatcher but he should be on nearly every team in ranked atleast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Twitch can also be pretty useful and she is rarely picked. And that Famas is just insane.

• Locked thread