Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Obligatory it's coming from inside the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Staryberry posted:

I feel like this needs "Wasted" at the end: http://i.imgur.com/HjAdJJG.gifv

No, it needs a *boop* at the end from the dog when he touches the kid's nose.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Of all the places to find out about Bowie :negative:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

ive never so much wanted to see goatse's distended rear end more than right now

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Of all the places to find out about Bowie :negative:

Could have been worse. I found out in the meme thread :downsgun:

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
can't even force myself to look at the funny pictures thread.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I found out on twitter so I didn't even believe it at first. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I found out about it on a posting in the David Bowie codpiece appreciation society on Facebook. :smith:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ratbert90 posted:

I found out about it on a posting in the David Bowie codpiece appreciation society on Facebook. :smith:

I can't think of a more tragic fate.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

titties posted:

I don't get where he was going with this. In the video he makes sure to thank his fans and explains that he's burned out on making the challenge videos, making them is a chore and he doesn't have any enthusiasm for it. He says he needs a break from what the eating and challenge videos were doing to his body.

All of that is fine and understandable.

He then goes on to say that instead of making the videos he is going to start touring and entering various eating competitions. His first live show is going to feature him attempting all of his past gauntlet challenges live, and then he's off to a huge national chicken wing eating competition. How is going on the road and doing all the same poo poo he was doing for Youtube going to be any better than just staying home and doing it for Youtube? It seems like the way to let your body recover from what you've been doing is to not do it, not to do it in different places instead.

E: the schadenfreude is that I just typed that many words about L.A. Beast, a guy who up until a couple of weeks ago ate stuff on camera for a living.

I think he's just out of ideas and realized the only way forward was to eat more hosed up things which would put his health in even more jeopardy than before.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Chromatic posted:

I think he's just out of ideas and realized the only way forward was to eat more hosed up things which would put his health in even more jeopardy than before.

lol he got them to bring back Crystal Pepsi, a thing that nobody wanted in the 80's or now and he is having contests to give away all the Crystal Pepsi they shipped to him.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

What game is this from?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

fins posted:

What game is this from?

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, unless it's trailer footage of one of the two recent spiritual successors in the making.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
sure why not

Idaholy Roller
May 19, 2009

Perfect.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Don't try to drive your 60,000 pound semi truck over a historic one-lane bridge rated for 12,000 pounds and no semis.

I've been on this bridge. It's very clearly not sized for trucks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Celery Face posted:

I'm aware the Uber protests in Toronto happened a month ago but ever since I had a bad experience with a taxi driver (No, I am not letting you drive me to a bank at 2:30 in the morning because your debit machine is "broken"), I've been appreciating it a lot more. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSDvTc4RgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GcsbVhf03w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZ2NTfKyLU

Best part of the last video is 9 minutes in.

I keep seeing people talk about how Uber doesn't pay their drivers enough and it's undercutting :byodood:LEGAL:byodood: taxis. Then I remember that I don't have a car and live in an area with almost nonexistent mass transit in most places and go pay for a ride.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bonster posted:

Don't try to drive your 60,000 pound semi truck over a historic one-lane bridge rated for 12,000 pounds and no semis.

I've been on this bridge. It's very clearly not sized for trucks.

I like how this is a fuckup on every level. In the first picture, I thought it was just a weight issue. But the second shows that it's also a height issue, and very nearly a width issue. Holy poo poo. That they got as far onto the bridge as they did is astonishing to me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least now they can get a proper bridge.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SpacePig posted:

I like how this is a fuckup on every level. In the first picture, I thought it was just a weight issue. But the second shows that it's also a height issue, and very nearly a width issue. Holy poo poo. That they got as far onto the bridge as they did is astonishing to me.

It's even better, because she said she drove onto the bridge because backing up would have been too tricky for her and she didn't know how many pounds were in six tons.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Phanatic posted:

It's even better, because she said she drove onto the bridge because backing up would have been too tricky for her and she didn't know how many pounds were in six tons.

She's got an interesting take on things.

"She told WDRB reporter Emily Mieure she's sorry it happened and that it was a mistake.
She says there's a chance she'll lose her commercial driver's license. She also said her truck didn’t have any major damages."

This is gonna buff right out.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Just like a can of sardines.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Reminder that the driver doesn't generally own the trailer, just the cab. The cab looks fine, albeit in an awkward position.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, the truck is separate from the trailer, and the trailer looks like it took all of the damage.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm irrationally annoyed when I really shouldn't be surprised that a truck full of (valuable?) goods and a historic bridge are totally destroyed and she only cares that her cab is OK. :mad:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I cannot fathom how goddamned stupid you have to be to cause a fuckup of that magnitude. Like, I just can't imagine not having the intelligence level to realize that you should not drive a massive semi truck over a bridge that is so short, narrow, and has signs outside it that say your truck is over five times too heavy for it.

It hurts my brain and makes me sad that there are people this stupid.

Like, just look at the loving thing! Look at the height of the bridge alone. How do you not see that your truck can't even get under it? How? How...? :psyduck:

Queering Wheel has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Jan 11, 2016

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dillbag posted:

David Bowie's dead.

gently caress off with this you rear end in a top hat.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I would like a first person account on how people think they can do this. I imagine it's mostly being stressed for time or some of those trucker drugs I hear about on the news

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Phanatic posted:

How did she even end up on that stretch of road, anyway? Like, did she just type where she was going into a GPS without adjusting for being a truck or something?

Tony Phillips posted:

She's got an interesting take on things.

"She told WDRB reporter Emily Mieure she's sorry it happened and that it was a mistake.
She says there's a chance she'll lose her commercial driver's license. She also said her truck didn’t have any major damages."

Sorry that I didn't err on the side of caution, since it'd be inconvenient for me, and that I destroyed an historic bridge, a trailer, and probably a significant amount of the goods I was transporting. But hey, I'm okay. Hope I don't lose my license over this!

e:
Now that I've actually read parts of the article, I do feel sort of bad for her.

quote:

'She's a very inexperienced driver,' Paoli Police Chief Randy Sanders said of Lambright explaining that she had left the Amish order a year or so ago.

quote:

According to police, Lambright was attempting to make a delivery at a Walmart when she missed a turning.
She said she tried to turn around in a parking lot, but it was not possible because there was equipment in the way.
She told police she did not feel confident in backing up the truck so she then attempted to cross the iron bridge.

She's Amish, so isn't super familiar with driving or certain imperial measurements, and missed the turn for the number route literally ones street over. However, she had someone in the cab with her to spot, so she should've been able to back up until she could make her turn. Lot of trouble involved with this one, so I won't be surprised if she loses license, and also won't be surprised if authority who issued the license and company that hired her are looked into as well.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Jan 11, 2016

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm irrationally annoyed when I really shouldn't be surprised that a truck full of (valuable?) goods and a historic bridge are totally destroyed and she only cares that her cab is OK. :mad:

The truck is probably her livelihood, the bridge and the stuff in the trailer are just things that can be fixed and replaced. She's still an idiot, but at least she won't be unemployed from having no truck for many months while insurance drags its feet.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
She's getting her CDL revoked, but she's still concerned for her tractor, so is she just going to be driving her truck illegally?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Histowreckal bridge.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Eponine posted:

She's getting her CDL revoked, but she's still concerned for her tractor, so is she just going to be driving her truck illegally?

No, she can sell the tractor and either live off the profit/pay for the legal fees if it was fully paid for, or pay off some (or all) of the loan if it wasn't.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SpacePig posted:

It looks like they had just enough clearance until they made the bridge sag. Don't get me wrong, it was still an obviously stupid move, just the height wasn't initially a problem.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

You forgot the 2nd penalty where a Steelers coach walked over to like 5 Bengals and antagonize them and goad ed them into another personal foul

Oh man I totally forgot about that. The guy who was a headhunting scumbag went over to the guy who he tried to decapitate and cut between him and the medical dude who was helping the injured player off the field and started talking poo poo to him, so the trainer pushed him away because what the gently caress. One of the coaches who was walking the injured player off the field stepped in between and was like really dude why are you talking poo poo to a hurt player. Then like 5 Bengals surround the coach, one dude runs in and tries to punch the coach and hits a ref on accident and gets another penalty and now people are mad at the coach who had a punch thrown at him.

Everything about the bengals losing was just amazing in the way they melted down.

ranbo das has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Jan 11, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Random Stranger posted:

It looks like they had just enough clearance until they made the bridge sag. Don't get me wrong, it was still an obviously stupid move, just the height wasn't initially a problem.

If that were the case, the top of the trailer wouldn't be peeled back like it is. Also,

quote:

She drove onto the iron 1880 structure and immediately hit the top of the bridge as her truck was too high. The structure then buckled the under the pressure and collapsed at around 12 noon.
[...]
Lambright was traveling more than 30 miles per hour in order to get the vehicle stuck that far on the bridge, according to police.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

...If she was Amish, how could she be driving?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

As yes the old "If I go fast enough it's sure to work" rationale.

Arrath has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Jan 11, 2016

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

SpacePig posted:

Now that I've actually read parts of the article, I do feel sort of bad for her.

She's Amish, so isn't super familiar with driving or certain imperial measurements, and missed the turn for the number route literally ones street over. However, she had someone in the cab with her to spot, so she should've been able to back up until she could make her turn. Lot of trouble involved with this one, so I won't be surprised if she loses license, and also won't be surprised if authority who issued the license and company that hired her are looked into as well.

She saw the sign that said "No semi trucks", knew she was in a semi truck, then proceeded anyway. When you understand proper signage, then ignore it, you deserve no sympathy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

SpacePig posted:

How did she even end up on that stretch of road, anyway? Like, did she just type where she was going into a GPS without adjusting for being a truck or something?

Sorry that I didn't err on the side of caution, since it'd be inconvenient for me, and that I destroyed an historic bridge, a trailer, and probably a significant amount of the goods I was transporting. But hey, I'm okay. Hope I don't lose my license over this!

e:

Are you saying the Amish actually use metric?