Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The screen may be the toughest part, but the waiting is the hardest part.

You'll have to take this on faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I love as walking out of Home Depot on a rainy day with my kids like 5 days ago and I heard a sickeningly loud smack. It turned out my 3 year old had unzipped my breast pocket and my 6sPlus landed on the wet rocky gravelly pavement from about 5 feet up. I was nervous when I picked it up but not even a scratch or a ding thanks to good old Saddle-Brown.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Feenix posted:

I love as walking out of Home Depot on a rainy day with my kids like 5 days ago and I heard a sickeningly loud smack. It turned out my 3 year old had unzipped my breast pocket and my 6sPlus landed on the wet rocky gravelly pavement from about 5 feet up. I was nervous when I picked it up but not even a scratch or a ding thanks to good old Saddle-Brown.

Saddle Brown does it again, as it always will. Over and over, you can trust a Saddle Brown case made by apple Inc.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

bronin posted:

Going commando is the only way you big sissies. Take a loving chance will ya

I did. Having never dropped a phone or other portable device, basically ever, I dropped my 6 about three times in a month, once breaking the screen.

poo poo is just slippery, and if it slips slightly your instinct is to tighten your grip. Thanks to it also being rounded, that just accelerates the rate at which it attempts to reach orbit.
It's very pretty but an ergonomic misstep for sure.
Even if its just one of those second-skin style cases, anything that adds some grip is worthwhile.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Khablam posted:

I did. Having never dropped a phone or other portable device, basically ever, I dropped my 6 about three times in a month, once breaking the screen.

poo poo is just slippery, and if it slips slightly your instinct is to tighten your grip. Thanks to it also being rounded, that just accelerates the rate at which it attempts to reach orbit.
Even if its just one of those second-skin style cases, anything that adds some grip is worthwhile.

My instinct is to flail both arms and try to catch something I haven't even really dropped yet, so I end up throwing it across the room.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Saddle Brown does it again, as it always will. Over and over, you can trust a Saddle Brown case made by apple Inc.

It physically had tiny gravel embedded in the leather and I kinda picked it out and massaged it a bit and you'd never even know anymore.

Saddlebrown!!!!!

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Khablam posted:

It is slippery I give you that. I just can't bring myself to add any bulk to it even if it's minimal like the official leather case which does look and feel really nice indeed. I can't remember the last time I actually dropped a phone but I'll make sure to come in here and tell you guys so you can laugh at me when it does happen.

ArcaneMan
Nov 2, 2004
uh oh
EVERY YEAR I GO TO THE APPLE STORE AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN IPHONE INTO A SADDLE BROWN LEATHER CASE.

EDIT: ITS A 6S AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOWNLOADING APPS ALONGSIDE WITH MY FAVOURITE PODCAST APP, OVERCAST.

ArcaneMan fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 9, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I wish people would stand up and clap when they see my saddle brown case

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

I wish people would stand up and clap when they see my saddle brown case

Sounds like you need to hang out with cooler people.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
having a screen protector is stupid as hell as well

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gf got a screen protector on her new 6s and I screamed until she ripped it off. We're both happy now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gf got a screen protector on her new 6s and I screamed until she ripped it off. We're both happy now.

Why didn't you dump her dumb screen protecting rear end.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I'm not keyed into the fresh new memes, what's the problem with a screen protector?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Blimpkin posted:

I'm not keyed into the fresh new memes, what's the problem with a screen protector?

Crucially, they don't protect the screen.

However if they were called a screen makey nicey feely thingy, then they would live up to their name. You can also reapply the coating to get the same effect with more hassle.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Blimpkin posted:

Dashlane makes them redundant. Duh.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Today I upgraded from a 5C to a 6S, opened the iPhone thread for the first time, sighed, and ordered a saddle brown case.

This'd better improve my complexion and make my hair silky-smooth.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mimir posted:

Today I upgraded from a 5C to a 6S, opened the iPhone thread for the first time, sighed, and ordered a saddle brown case.

This'd better improve my complexion and make my hair silky-smooth.

Welcome to the land of tomorrow, my friend. Are you ready for pussy as sweet at honey? Can you handle friends as golden as Midas? Do you desire to live a life as beautiful as Grace Kelly? Of course you do, that's why you ordered the best money can buy from Apple Computers Inc. the Saddle Brown Leather iPhone 6s and 6s+ case.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Mimir sighed as he drew his debit card

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Avocados posted:

Mimir sighed as he drew his debit card

The thought of secretly adding a screen protector passed through his mind as he scratched his itchy bald scalp.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

enojy posted:

My instinct is to flail both arms and try to catch something I haven't even really dropped yet, so I end up throwing it across the room.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there any way to figure out what is using data in the "Documents and sync" section of built in apps? Mine started going nuts using a lot of cellular data.

I think it is the iCloud Photo Library, which I disabled under the iCloud settings. But I want to be sure. I don't know why it just started going nuts, it should not have been going over cell data to begin with.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I bought an iPhone battery case. It is grippy, and though it looks dumb, the result of that is that it feels way slimmer than other battery cases, and now my phone last for three days between charges. hail satan.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Waiting for the saddleback leather battery case

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Leather is cool, but I've always been a fan of the Spec White candy shell case.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

What bothers me about leather is this 'natural' material around a tech device made nearly entirely of synthetic components. It's like Samsung using 'wood grain' to advertise their tablets. This is why the silicon case is the case for true champions. Some non-cool and totally wrong people complain about dust attraction and potential cracking of the material, but these are the same people that wear skinny jeans 10 sizes too small and bent their iPhone 6 in half in their back pocket.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
swing and a miss.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
silicone is for people who are poor

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What bothers me about leather is this 'natural' material around a tech device made nearly entirely of synthetic components. It's like Samsung using 'wood grain' to advertise their tablets. This is why the silicon case is the case for true champions. Some non-cool and totally wrong people complain about dust attraction and potential cracking of the material, but these are the same people that wear skinny jeans 10 sizes too small and bent their iPhone 6 in half in their back pocket.

hmmm, nah

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

They are the same price. Fact is, you're buying a 'cheap' leather case. If you wanted to be elite, you'd get something like a Vaja handcrafted joint or something more expensive still over an Apple product.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

They are the same price. Fact is, you're buying a 'cheap' leather case. If you wanted to be elite, you'd get something like a Vaja handcrafted joint or something more expensive still over an Apple product.

fly away troll

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

fly away troll

I bet you wrap your dick up in a generic brand condom too. Shameful.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

no they're not, maybe your poor glasses can't see the price difference

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I bet you wrap your dick up in a generic brand condom too. Shameful.

why would i use a generic? I'm not poor, i have the saddle brown case made by apple computers inc

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Is there a good ad blocker for chrome on the iPhone?

Also as far as casechat: I have a black otter box one on my 5s and it is and always has been great

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

Is there a good ad blocker for chrome on the iPhone?

Also as far as casechat: I have a black otter box one on my 5s and it is and always has been great

Adblockers operate on the OS level so I don't think they can be implemented in Chrome.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

noirstronaut posted:

And tits, don't forget tits.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Silicone is best because is comes in fun, whimsical colors like orange while leather only comes in drab, boring colors like saddle brown.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
is there a way to get the phone to reset volume when i plug something into the headphone jack? i'm usually using max volume in the car w/aux cable and it would be nice to not have to remember to drop the volume manually the next time i want to use actual headphones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, you set the volume when it's plugged in and that's what you get the next time you plug in.

The only real solution is to get audio to your car some other way.. get a bluetooth adapter for your aux port, or something that plugs into the lightning port.