Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The Saurus posted:

Her rich auntie paid for it.

Well I guess we know that you don't give a poo poo about women's rights.

Who is this "we"? The working women of Europe did not choose the wars that led to this, the rich and the politicians did, and they aren't the ones suffering for it. They're the ones who are more than happy to let the refugees come because they know it won't effect them and they can feel like they're wonderful people for being so much more educated than those racist plebs.

The people who started the war, who will feel none of the effects, are the ones supporting this influx. You are siding with the ruling class.

Although I guess by some logic you can say that we are a democracy, a democracy that has more female voters than male. In that view, then the refugees are perfectly right to enact vengeance on those women, because it is directly their fault what has happened to their homes.
You are loving puddled, son. Take your ball and gently caress off home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I hate women. I've always hated them since one of them had trouble using a map and thinking three dimensionally causing her to drive, badly, off a cliff into my whole extended family. While weeping over the blooded remains of my kin I was struck by the sudden realisation that no, female comendians are not as funny as male ones and no, I had not read any books by female authors. My eyes were open.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pantsuit posted:

Yeah, these people were banging on about 'faux-liberals' and the fact that they were 'true liberals' reclaiming liberalism. Of course not understanding that most people who identify as left don't want to be liberals in the first place. Funny considering that they were both British as well, so you think they would understand that liberal doesn't mean left wing.

Saurus called us 'the liberals in the UKMT' in the Euro thread. I rather suspect he meant it more in the Fox News sense, somehow.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Saurus, would you be happy with a fully funded and capable integration system being set up? Would you be ok with Syrians coming over, being slowly integrated into society after counselling and therapy, and the mass executions of everyone who voted for war? I'm not siding with the political classes, but the refugee crisis is a better hill to die on than asking a capitalist not to kill people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

Saurus called us 'the liberals in the UKMT' in the Euro thread. I rather suspect he meant it more in the Fox News sense, somehow.
We should all follow HorseLord and become Stalinists to see if they still call us liberals.

I'll set up the tank.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spangly A posted:

You are now arguing that it is better we let 6 million people die than deal with the integration issues, to whit an increase in violence in Europe, and that is not a moral argument.

I can think of a group of people who thought it was better that six million people died than deal with the integration issues. Luckily Germans don't think that way any more. Unfortunately, we're not all German.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

feedmegin posted:

The Europol thread is basically stormfront. So that explains everything.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

Left and right seems mixed up at the moment. The Europol thread here in D&D, for example, thinks austerity is a leftist policy. Which I can only assume has meant some of them identify as "right wing" because they don't agree with austerity. Yeah. What the gently caress.

The more parsimonious explanation is that those dudes are so far-right that anything short of Mussolini is leftist in their eyes.

Also I'm reading through one of those papers that Saurus linked, specifically the one about Finland. One thing I'm finding kind of funny is how they point out in the abstract that country of birth or native language is not in itself a substantial factor when it comes to crime in Finland. This doesn't exactly seem to jibe with certain claims that have been made ITT.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
oh good the whole hosed up family is here :allears:

Also, I have not seen any indication that the rich want to let refugees in, do you recall Cameron et al decrying the vicious swarms and hordes of swarthy foreigners? Well, until the media found a photo of a dead kid and decided they should pretend to care for a bit and the government followed suit, at least. In Germany there were crowds welcoming refugees, I'm not sure they were all brainwashed by the cultural marxists in the Bundestag but who knows, maybe they've got muslamic mind ray guns.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Her rich auntie paid for it.

The Saurus, September posted:

e: Fun fact, tories told me I was too poor to be allowed to bring my wife over to the UK to live with me. Not allowed to be together with the person I love because I don't make enough money, when they're doing everything to make sure it's impossible to make a steady decent wage. This isn't an issue for millions of people like some tory policies - I think I read one article about it in the past 5 years in total, but for those it does effect it's loving horrible and tragic.

So because it was impossible for me to find a job paying above 7 quid an hour in the rural area I lived in, my wife had to go into sex work in order to earn enough to qualify to bring me over to America instead. So yeah, please don't lecture me basically Tess.

Okay so your wife had to go into sex work so her rich aunt could afford to bring you over to the US. So you mooched off your wife and her aunt.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Guavanaut posted:

We should all follow HorseLord and become Stalinists to see if they still call us liberals.

I'll set up the tank.

Is this a real tank or a metaphorical one?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pantsuit posted:

I know Cultural Marxism chat was a few pages ago, but has anyone else heard the term 'regressive left'?

Yeah I've heard it. It's used by liberals to call out anyone who supports Muslims in any capacity, saying they're too timid and 'regressive' to dare say that the entire Muslim faith is pure evil.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Regarde Aduck posted:

The Europol thread is basically stormfront. So that explains everything.

Yeah, Europe, especially Hungary, Poland, Norway, etc. are going absolutely insane over the refugee crisis in only ways that would make Stormfront cry with joy.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Tesseraction posted:

Okay so your wife had to go into sex work so her rich aunt could afford to bring you over to the US. So you mooched off your wife and her aunt.

Oh yeah, he's that guy. I was wondering where I remembered him from.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

serious gaylord posted:

Depends if anyone fancies a roadtrip to Poland.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Is it for, like, baptism into Stalinism (filled with the blood of the kulaks), or more of a T34?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
IS series surely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Regarde Aduck posted:

IS series surely.

Needs more ISU-152

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

davey cameron is a pie

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A pork pie.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

With a hat?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CommieGIR posted:

Needs more ISU-152

Thats not a tank

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Only if it's a pork-pie.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

serious gaylord posted:

Thats not a tank

Tank destroyer :getin:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the ISU-152 problem removal vehicle.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Spangly A posted:

Saurus, would you be happy with a fully funded and capable integration system being set up? Would you be ok with Syrians coming over, being slowly integrated into society after counselling and therapy, and the mass executions of everyone who voted for war? I'm not siding with the political classes, but the refugee crisis is a better hill to die on than asking a capitalist not to kill people.

There should be a joint EU or even UN program where we pay the neighbouring countries some money to set up big camps with decent living conditions. When they got there they'd get a tent place and take a number to begin the asylum process, there'd be a bunch of investigators asking questions to the applicants and their families separately to make sure they have the same story and its legit, ask what their political and religious beliefs are and what they used to do before they were displaced and investigating their claim for urgency/legitimacy etc. There'd also be camp police who would keep an eye on everyone for violence or sexual assault which may occur and you're on the next train back to syria if you pull any of that poo poo. While the application process was going on the integration process would already be getting started with lessons in english+eurolanguage of expected host country and women being people and what things are like in the west

Once you're accepted you're issued a tamper/forgery-proof general EU/UN passport (good for one inbound journey and for leaving the EU) at the camp and then boated to the country which has agreed to take you based on the quota system - this means that you can't just walk into europe and expect to be handed asylum status, it has to be done in an organized manner. this also prevents north africans from faking as syrians unless they first go and live in a camp in eastern turkey for several months. then when they got to europe, it'd be a cross between a youth hostel/student digs and doing volunteer work. they'd spend time doing community work like litter picking, painting, DIY etc. that helps out the community while also teaching them employable skills, and getting them to interact with one another and the locals in a positive way, and be seen to be having a positive impact on the nation right away. the rest of the time they'd study english and western culture and then go back to their dorm, take a shower, have dinner in their communal kitchen and go to sleep.

after maybe 6 months to a year of doing this with good behaviour and your english studying coming along, they'll start looking into getting you into actual education or employment and geting you your own home.

you're probably still gonna have some difficulties but it'd be a hell of a lot better than what we have now where people just walk to europe, slap a passport that looks like this into border control's hand, and head out for a fun night of sexuaol assault and robbery against helpess women

Tesseraction posted:

You're misreading. She had to earn enough to qualify to bring me over - She needed a minimum level of income to sign something called an "affidavit of support", in which she promises to repay the US government if I claim benefits. She had to go into sex work to obtain this minimum level of income. The Visa application itself cost around $500, which her auntie paid for. There were various other fees and charges later that we covered with both our incomes.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 11, 2016

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

stricter border controls. Gotcha.

You remember the terrorists at Bataclan were all belgian natives, right? I read your post and utterly disagree with it. International movement of labour is no longer a relevant problem. This is a humanitarian crisis and solidarity must, by definition, trump "religious and political beliefs".

Lebanon can't cope. It's already struggling. There's no food, because we killed the climate. Refugees must be processed in Europe, in a state with good healthcare, because what you're suggesting is a death camp.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Yes, we should put brown people in special work camps. Maybe we could give them all a shower before they arrive?

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
You're oddly concerned with sexual assault for a guy who encouraged his wife to become a sex worker.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Did that guy ever show up with a real passport? All of the playthroughs I've seen of that ended with the workers family expiring of cold and hunger before getting very far.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spangly A posted:

Lebanon can't cope. It's already struggling. There's no food, because we killed the climate. Refugees must be processed in Europe, in a state with good healthcare, because what you're suggesting is a death camp.

Spangly A already covered the major parts, but I'm just going to point out you've already shown your hand, and I don't know why you came back to argue in bad faith when its blatantly obvious you've got a beef with male refugees and tend to make generalizations and stereotypes based on the worst offenders of a culture.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LOL @ The Saurus

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Spangly A posted:

stricter border controls. Gotcha.

You remember the terrorists at Bataclan were all belgian natives, right? I read your post and utterly disagree with it. International movement of labour is no longer a relevant problem. This is a humanitarian crisis and solidarity must, by definition, trump "religious and political beliefs".

Turkey could cope. And I specifically mentioned that the camps would be properly funded by an EU-wide effort. Doing things right would require actual cooperation and intelligence on the part of Europe's political class which I admit is asking for a lot.

Also I've literally never mentioned terrorism once in regards to the refugees so I dunno why you're mentioning it. It's far less relevant than the sexual assault and violence

Pantsuit posted:

Yes, we should put brown people in special work camps. Maybe we could give them all a shower before they arrive?

Never heard of the New Deal? You know, when that exact thing was used to provide a chance in life to young men who were struggling to find employment and housing?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I think the best thing is using 'the women's as a blatant fig leaf. You can be as racist and reprehensible as you like, just so long as its in defence of those poor, delicate, and simple females.

Unless they have to prostitute themselves for your benefit, naturally.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Turkey could cope.

Turkey. You want Turkey, a country attempting genocide of a minority of which Syrians form part of, to handle refugees.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Saurus posted:

Turkey could cope.

Turkey is in the middle of falling apart thanks to Erdrogan stirring the sectarian pot. So no.

Oh, and the fact that EU members are pushing Erdrogan to basically intercept refugees at sea and SEND THEM BACK. So gently caress Turkey.

The Saurus posted:

Also I've literally never mentioned terrorism once in regards to the refugees so I dunno why you're mentioning it. It's far less relevant than the sexual assault and violence

You spent so much time in the UK thread denigrating Muslims males as the source of sexual violence, its not much of a jump for people to read into your stereotyping of Muslims.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You can be as misogynistic and reprehensible as you like, just so long as its in defence of those poor, delicate and simple muslims

Spangly A posted:

Turkey. You want Turkey, a country attempting genocide of a minority of which Syrians form part of, to handle refugees.

No, I want the EU/UN to handle refugees on Turkish soil, which we have essentially leased from them for the purpose.

CommieGIR posted:

You spent so much time in the UK thread denigrating Muslims males as the source of sexual violence, its not much of a jump for people to read into your stereotyping of Muslims.

Turns out it actually is kind of a jump because I could not give one tenth of a gently caress about the supposed "risk of terrorism" from refugees. Just the actual risks of sexual assault and violence.

You see, unlike you liberals, I actually base my worldview on facts instead of trying to fit the facts to my worldview, like a baby hammering a shape into the wrong hole then crying when it doesn't work like it's supposed to.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 11, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Saurus posted:

You can be as misogynistic and reprehensible as you like, just so long as its in defence of those poor, delicate and simple muslims

Ah yes, the swarthy rapist muslim horde you fear will flood into our glorious rape-free Europe and turn it into a dystopia of 24/7 rapings of only white women.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Saurus posted:

Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Who knew the leftists were the baddies all along?

Hitler. He knew.

• Locked thread