Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

apparently mac rumours hates the leaked Facebook messenger desktop app but hey if it keeps me from having to go to Facebook.com how is it a bad thing

you can already go to messenger.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

efb

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

PleasureKevin posted:

my main :tinfoil: is that they're working on a 3D display. they have that parallax effect in iOS 7, "3D" touch, dual camera patents, purchase of PrimeSense, and now rumours that they're making a custom OLED display right now.

It's something that existed years ago on a competitor, but wasn't popular. Sounds just like Apple's style.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

apple music works pretty well for me and always has fresh playlists for me to enjoy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
making things razor thin is a really clever strategy for apple. its something hard that you cant copy by throwing cheap chinese resources at it. you have to sit down and do some honest goddamn engineering

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

poty posted:

making things razor thin is a really clever strategy for apple. its something hard that you cant copy by throwing cheap chinese resources at it. you have to sit down and do some honest goddamn engineering

except it sucks and outside of an exercise in autism its useless and ends up in bendyphones

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

poty posted:

you have to sit down and do some honest goddamn engineering

when they sit down the phone bends

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Blue Train posted:

when they sit down the phone bends

There will eventually be a flexible phone that will bend and flex back, that would be a coup for Apple.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

MrMoo posted:

There will eventually be a flexible phone that will bend and flex back, that would be a coup for Apple.

alternately, it will be the thickness of a credit card and you'll be able to use it as a ramp to drive a car up a curb without scratching it

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/01/11/apples-new-4-inch-handset-rumored-to-be-named-iphone-5e-sport-a8-cpu-1gb-ram

wtf may as well just reissue the 5s again

is there really that much demand for 4 inch phones?

lol at apple going back to 1983 naming conventions

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
wait, "s" comes later in the alphabet than "e", doesn't that mean it's better?

doesn't the "s" mean like "super" or something?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wheany posted:

wait, "s" comes later in the alphabet than "e", doesn't that mean it's better?

doesn't the "s" mean like "super" or something?

the s stands for speed

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
the only thing i kinda question is only having 1 gig of RAM, i think apple would rather have a consistent user experience (at least for hardware) and that feature would've been out for a year at the time of release anyway

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

the e stands for 'Ehh gently caress the RAM' as the 6s and 6s Plus have 2 GB RAM

its like apple is saying 'oh all right you loving whiners here's your 4 inch phone back too bad its half the RAM and a generation behind the newest we got but what do you expect for 4 inches'

its like the iPad mini 1st generation all over again (lol A5 and 512 MB RAM, good luck cramming iOS9+ or whatever into that)

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 11, 2016

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The s stands for superior.

The eu scores another point for consumer rights by forcing apple to make better tools to transfer data from iOS to Android.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Just write apps to give android access to icloud and itunes poo poo and id be happy honestly

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nobody will use the app anyway cause the carriers are dumb and it doesnt address the fundamental problem of no one switching back to android once they go to iphone

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

and thats why apple will happily make that app

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Sure cremnob, whatever you say.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/01/11/apples-new-4-inch-handset-rumored-to-be-named-iphone-5e-sport-a8-cpu-1gb-ram

an a8? more like iphone 5meh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

on the other hand it sends the signal that they wont make a premium 4 inch phone ever again so i can buy the 4.7 iphone 7 without fear of regretting it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

the e stands for 'Ehh gently caress the RAM' as the 6s and 6s Plus have 2 GB RAM

its like apple is saying 'oh all right you loving whiners here's your 4 inch phone back too bad its half the RAM and a generation behind the newest we got but what do you expect for 4 inches'

its like the iPad mini 1st generation all over again (lol A5 and 512 MB RAM, good luck cramming iOS9+ or whatever into that)

lol. the 256mb of ram or w/e in the 4s was its biggest problem. especially after they added ios7 which is a giant slow turd that destroys all your ram

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i don't believe it will have an a8, its 1.5 years old at this point and the oldest cpu apple has put in a new product is 1 year old so far

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

im the supply chain scuttlebutt

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Perplx posted:

i don't believe it will have an a8, its 1.5 years old at this point and the oldest cpu apple has put in a new product is 1 year old so far

a8 is the new a5 though, so it's gonna be around awhile in eg the ipod touch and appletv

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i do enjoy that the discussion has shifted from the device's possible existence to its specs

everyone has just tacitly accepted that apple leaks are now all true, and i'm glad of it

the iphone 7 will have no headphone jack

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
anyways i'm not upgrading my 2.5 year old 5s with an a7 to an a8

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

just going by this thread alone there are a lot of small hand havers

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

1GB is plenty of RAM for a phone.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Perplx posted:

anyways i'm not upgrading my 2.5 year old 5s with an a7 to an a8

only two extras you might get are apple pay compatibility (lose your money faster) and hd voice over LTE (only if phone you're calling supports hd audio and is on LTE)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Binary Badger posted:

hd voice over LTE (only if phone you're calling supports hd audio and is on LTE)

so, most of them if you're calling an iPhone and most everyone because LTE is everywhere now

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

computer parts posted:

so, most of them if you're calling an iPhone and most everyone because LTE is everywhere now

i get uncomfortable texting green people why would i want to hear their virgin nasally voice

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

"That's a great start, they could target the developing world with a crank on the back."

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
the "e" stands for "extremely fail"

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

apples gonna sacrifice accessories everyone has to make the phone thinner, which no one asked for

gonna be legit mad if i have to buy a 80 dollar dongle to use my headphones

also unless its wireless youre new lightning heaadphones wont be compatible with macbooks lollllllllllllllllllllllll

at least you can plug into the new magic mouse and keyboard

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 11, 2016

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple just dropped a huge bomb

http://www.apple.com/ios/preview/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

f.lux got sherlocked (rest in piss), multi-user support for ipads for education

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol @ multi user ios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

maybe if normal use for you involves keeping your headphones on a tree or something but if you keep them into your laptop bag theyre gonna break

ive had the same pair for 10 years now. they get transported regularly in bags etc and the cable is fine. stop buying poo poo and/or stop melting cables with ur epic beast hands

Wild EEPROM posted:

apple needs someone who can tell jony to shut the gently caress up when he shits out things like the camera bump and those thick lines on the back of the 6/s/+ and also the big scren size and really everything iphone 6/s/+

they own actually. they own so much the biggest android makers went mad and put both things into their phones to make it look like an iphone

• Locked thread