Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

I've been hanging out with some Goons as of late, so I finally sucked it up and joined, so, kind of J4G? Just blame Jade Star and his fail pile.

I more accustomed to FIGHTING Goons in games such as EVE, Planetside, and Napoleonic Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Looking for an Ebonheart invite on @AmanteSC. Thanks in advance!

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
I know the PS4 guilds still exist, and somehow I'm still GM of one :shrug:

Any PS4 gunes still active? I'm on much more lately so definitely looking for some companionship. :a2m: :dance:

Feel free to shoot me a message for an invite, though I think all ranks currently can.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
For as long as I've played this game, I've only got one VR1 character. I like to go through the storylines and explore - basically, I'm playing this as a single-player ESO-lite game. So I'm continually re-rolling characters.

I started up yet another new char last night, and was amazed at how many other players there were. For a game that's over a year old, and supposedly "terrible" and "dead", there were hundreds of other players alongside me. So, since I've never done VR stuff, I have a question - do you show up as a low-level character when you go and re-do those other sides' early zones?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Thursday Next posted:

For as long as I've played this game, I've only got one VR1 character. I like to go through the storylines and explore - basically, I'm playing this as a single-player ESO-lite game. So I'm continually re-rolling characters.

I started up yet another new char last night, and was amazed at how many other players there were. For a game that's over a year old, and supposedly "terrible" and "dead", there were hundreds of other players alongside me. So, since I've never done VR stuff, I have a question - do you show up as a low-level character when you go and re-do those other sides' early zones?

Their instances for your faction, not the actual factions early zones. So everyone running around will be VR+ like you from your faction, not other low level players.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Berke Negri posted:

Their instances for your faction, not the actual factions early zones. So everyone running around will be VR+ like you from your faction, not other low level players.

The population also varies greatly, I generally run into 1 or 2 other people but not the dozens/hundreds you run into in the 1-50 areas.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, I can really only speak for EP but the busiest areas are Stonefalls (because starting area) and Deshaan (specifically Mournhold, where all the high level folks meet up for dungeons and where all the best vendors are). After that it's probably Craglorn for its stuff, and I'm daring to assume Wrothgar because it's accessible to all levels.

Once you get to VR, it's noticeably less busy almost immediately, and worse the farther you go.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Who Dat posted:

Any PS4 gunes still active? I'm on much more lately so definitely looking for some companionship. :a2m: :dance:

Feel free to shoot me a message for an invite, though I think all ranks currently can.

Yeah, I'm playing. Name is Literallygary and I'm in both Black Cats and Lusty

ashby
Nov 3, 2009
CAn I get a PC ebonheart invite?

Ashby_Koss is the user, Ashby-Koss is the charater

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ashby posted:

CAn I get a PC ebonheart invite?

Ashby_Koss is the user, Ashby-Koss is the charater

Missed you in the last few rounds, invite sent.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Who Dat posted:

I play just about every night still. I dumped the AD and DC guilds due to inactivity, but I'm still in Black Cat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To no one's surprise, yesterday's patch broke PvP. Again.

No one is getting the Battle Spirit HP boost, and some people are reporting up to an 8% loss of HP. Oh and Camo Hunter is still proccing multiple times and murdering people.

Yo Doomfunk why does your combat team not disable Camo Hunter while they work on an actual fix? Telling players that the skill is disabled completely until an actual working fix is implemented is much better than continually trying to "fix it" and leaving it just as broken if not worse everytime.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

quote:

We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System

Might as well just remove the Justice System entirely, this just kills any and all griefing potential the game may have.

Only other interesting bit is the 64-bit support coming soon.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

Might as well just remove the Justice System entirely, this just kills any and all griefing potential the game may have.

yeah they should for sure remove Elder Scrolls-y parts of the game because you can't make people not have fun

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Scyantific posted:

So you have cops and robbers but no cops. :(

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

If they implement a broken system, you bitch. If they don't implement a broken system, you bitch. I'm seriously starting to think you're just trolling at this point.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

PS4's finally getting text chat.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i thought all that stuff sounded great

i still really want to be able to change my hair

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Monohydrate posted:

So you have cops and robbers but no cops. :(

Pretty much.

It shouldn't even be hard to implement if they're gonna go and battle scale everyone up to V16 in all the new zones. On paper it sounds simple enough:

-Make it like Cyrodiil PvP, Battle Scaling and everything
-Put a minimum threshold on actually being targeted (as in you need a minimum of 1k gold in bounty to be targeted by other players)

Obviously in practice it's open to a whole bunch of other factors, like having a bunch of kitted out v16 characters turn on their PvP flag and bait wannabe online kiddie cops into trying to arrest/kill them, which is probably the main reason why they don't want to do it, to save themselves from the complaints of undergeared, underleveled people who thought they could take on a bunch of geared out people.

E: I mean for gently caress's sake, this is the prime time to release player based justice, since the next two DLCs are straight up gonna be crime/criminal themed.

At least I can still hope that Thieves' Guild motifs are locked behind the new Trial so we actually get an incentive to do raids.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 12, 2016

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
As someone who just bought this game over the holiday sale, I was a bit saddened to realize the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood content promised at launch had yet to be added. Compound that further to see they will be added, but as paid DLC. Not news to most of you, but I have not been following the game since launch. I guess it's to be expected since they went B2P, but not really thrilled to have to dole out another ~$40-50 just to play them. I guess I could probably sub for 4 months or so and get enough crowns to buy them if I liked them, but then we're looking at $60. Again not unexpected, but it reminds me why I stopped playing MMOs in the first place.

Edot: That might sound a little dumb since it was always going to be subscription based before they changed their business model. They have to make their money back some way I suppose.

graynull fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 13, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
It's not all bad, you have access to the DLC as long as your subscription is active. You only need to buy the DLC if you want them without a subscription.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

At least I can still hope that Thieves' Guild motifs are locked behind the new Trial so we actually get an incentive to do raids.

If they're more of the same bland crap that all the raids and dungeons currently in the game are, I don't see why you'd want to suffer through them. As for me, I'll just be buying the new motifs.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Who Dat posted:

I dunno who you are, but I try and play a decent amount on EP on ps4. I'm in lusty and black cat. Psn is Woodshelf. I'd be happy to run groups or whatever ya are up to. I'm 37 now.

Edit: The instances are chill and fun. Dunno why people wouldn't like them.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Can I get a guild invite? @wylker

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
So last time I asked if I should play this game for pvp, most goons told me no, a few said it was good and gave good reasons why. Anyway after watching some game play it sounds like a thing to me. So I read that the overworld campaigns are 600 people at a time. On PC how often is it 200/200 per faction? How often do you actually run into pvp fights that are 20v20 or more? (I saw some pretty cool youtubes)

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The non vet campaign is like a constant zerg v. zerg bloodbath, it owns
I've got this level 23 stam templar shock attacker (2 handed and bow wielding Orc) that I basically built for the non vet pvp server and it's about the most fun I've had in eso

vug fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 14, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Usenet Magic-User posted:

if I should play this game for pvp

If you like PvP in MMOs, then you're already used to making bad decisions with your time and money. Just give it a try. PC NA Ebonheart, join the non-vet campaign if you actually want to have fun.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I saw someone else here played on xbone. If there is a NA EP guild, please invite gt scissorz deep. Otherwise, I'll start my own guild once I get enough cash. Quests don't pay very well in this game.

Also, I dislike MMOs but this one is really fun if you treat it like a single player game and don't play DC. The quests are boring for that faction. EP and AD are fun and the scenery is really...neat, I guess. If you like giant mushrooms and snow and red plants. That's my two cents on this game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Returning to this casually. Are the two DLC/expansions areas worth subbing for if all I tend to do is solo pve stuff?

EDIT: Also, it's been soo long since I last played, how should I be handling loot? What's worth keeping/taking/stealing, what's trash?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 14, 2016

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Imperial City no, it's all group content in a PvP area. Orsinium, yes, it's pretty much another regular zone.

Rajazan
Sep 19, 2012
How does this game play on lovely hardware? Thinking of giving it a go, but all I have with me is my run of the mill laptop.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I dunno if it runs better, but if you turn every slider as low as it goes, the game looks worse than Morrowind.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just a heads up, pretty much every expansion pack from here on out is gonna be solo oriented. Except for probably Murkmire, maybe. They'll probably throw a group dungeon or trial every other two updates to satisfy the group crowd, but the majority will be solo stuff.

Veteran Rank removal is slated for Q2 2016, during Dark Brotherhood.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i dont know whether this happens on the NA server but on the EU non-vet server, the battle lines hardly seem to move at all because nobody can get organised enough to actually take over any keeps, so it's a constant bloody war of attrition centred around whatever keeps are either side of those dividing gates (which usually have groups of gankers skulking around them which often leads to other small groups going and taking them out. apart from that it's just lots of running battles out in the open and taking and re-taking resources, etc

so basically non-stop frags and owning noobs left and right

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
could I get an Ebonheart Goon invite? @NullBlack

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

vug posted:

i dont know whether this happens on the NA server but on the EU non-vet server, the battle lines hardly seem to move at all because nobody can get organised enough to actually take over any keeps, so it's a constant bloody war of attrition centred around whatever keeps are either side of those dividing gates (which usually have groups of gankers skulking around them which often leads to other small groups going and taking them out. apart from that it's just lots of running battles out in the open and taking and re-taking resources, etc

so basically non-stop frags and owning noobs left and right

NA Blackwater is a mess. Anytime a faction gets too dominant everyone rolls to an opposing faction and kicks their poo poo in for days until it's not fun anymore and then they just PvDoor them some more.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I've been playing this lately on PS4. PSN ID is aardvarkbarber.

I'm not sure how any of the guilding stuff works, but I'm level 12, EP, and currently just questing my way around tamriel at random!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't remember, are all areas in a zone typically the same level range? As in, can Is trike out in any direction from the start in the first zone or are there still harder and easier areas?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Verranicus posted:

I can't remember, are all areas in a zone typically the same level range? As in, can Is trike out in any direction from the start in the first zone or are there still harder and easier areas?

Its going to have a range so like one level may be level 35-40, though if someone can make you good gear sets you can basically go toe to toe way above your level, though i think ten levels above and you start to get hit with arbitrary penalties, which is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rajazan posted:

How does this game play on lovely hardware? Thinking of giving it a go, but all I have with me is my run of the mill laptop.

I hear it runs decently on the Xbone, so probably pretty good.

• Locked thread