Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

UP AND ADAM posted:

There are two other things I remember about her.

Kulap Vilay-socks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't like her vanity projects but iirc I've never tried to track her down in real life and murder her. Honestly though, even if I had you don't know where I'm from.

This

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Saying "youd be embarrassed if you knew who i was" is weird, I dont think theres anyone you could turn out to be that would make it less mean to say that Kulap is an insane talentless barren freak

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

manyak posted:

Saying "youd be embarrassed if you knew who i was" is weird, I dont think theres anyone you could turn out to be that would make it less mean to say that Kulap is an insane talentless barren freak

He's Scott.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thatd be hosed up

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You absolutely do not know me and you'd be embarrassed if you did.

You're right but not for the reason you think

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The really sad thing is that he's actually Kulap

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

You absolutely do not know me and you'd be embarrassed if you did. But you never will.

lmao you've posted who you are in the thread before and if you're saying that justifies your weird hatred you're insane.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

everyone trying to white knight their podcast waifu.

:iamafag:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

looooooooool oh yeah he`s that guy in the Tig documentary who had the wife that was gonna be Tig`s surrogate

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I`ve literally never listed to WC or anything Kulap is on except for seeing her in the CBB TV show flying up Scott`s nose so I really do not give a poo poo, I just think it`s insanely funny to post on the internet about how much you dislike someone because they wanted to make a documentary you weren`t interested in

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Berzerker posted:

looooooooool oh yeah he`s that guy in the Tig documentary who had the wife that was gonna be Tig`s surrogate

more importantly he doesn't know how to use doors

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How come you use the backtick instead of the apostrophe key? Really stood out in your posts for some reason. I've seen a few people do it, always been curious.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

my browser was being weird' ' ''''' looks like it is fixed now. hope this helps.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A good reason. It's definitely not an uncommon thing though, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

To stay on topic: kulap seems nice.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't like Kulap because she's successful and I am a literal baby.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

A good reason. It's definitely not an uncommon thing though, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

To stay on topic: kulap seems nice.

my keyboard has English and French on it and sometimes i accidentally hit the shortcut to go into French mode and it uses those instead of apostrophes. I think thats why

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I knew this would come down to being the fault of the French, somehow.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Kulap Vilay-socks?

The widow Howl-app.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there anything worthwhile on Howl? I signed up the day of the announcement because I love earwolf but after burning through a few originals and some Maron stuff, I got tired of the lovely app and lack of original content. I feel like they've stopped talking about it during the ad segments, plus they still haven't made the old eps paywalled yet so....

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is there anything worthwhile on Howl? I signed up the day of the announcement because I love earwolf but after burning through a few originals and some Maron stuff, I got tired of the lovely app and lack of original content. I feel like they've stopped talking about it during the ad segments, plus they still haven't made the old eps paywalled yet so....

Check out the couple Superego Forgotten Classics if you haven't yet, those are great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This is retarded; people speculate and talk about people that make entertainment. You're judging me much more harshly based on much less than anything I ever posted about Kulap. Lead by example maybe.

I'm judging you because you're making assumptions on a woman's ability to get pregnant, you moronic creep.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Harry's Razors ad read on HH when it was just Santa being sad was good.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

soggybagel posted:

Harry's Razors ad read on HH when it was just Santa being sad was good.

Santa accepting that he was sad enough to sleep with his wife while she was under the assumption that he was another man was one of the most quietly depressing and hilarious things to happen all year.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tarranon posted:

Santa accepting that he was sad enough to sleep with his wife while she was under the assumption that he was another man was one of the most quietly depressing and hilarious things to happen all year.
i mean... i'm wearing the same clothes...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What the Hell is up with Spontanenation's RSS feed? Every week for roughly the last month it has given me error messages when I try to refresh it on Mondays; they eventually fix it but then it just happens again seven days later. This doesn't happen with any other Earwolf podcast.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 11, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I never get an error, but Spont usually only shows up properly in my podcast app in the evening, despite being released in the morning.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah its weird. It doesnt download automatically but its always in the show feed when I go looking for it, I just have to download it manually.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

What the Hell is up with Spontanenation's RSS feed? Every week for roughly the last month it has given me error messages when I try to refresh it on Mondays; they eventually fix it but then it just happens again seven days later. This doesn't happen with any other Earwolf podcast.

Send them a message. I politely tweeted at Adam Sachs and Engineer Brett why, out of the 10 Earwolf podcasts I subscribe to, Sklarbro Country released an episode with messed up audio seemingly every 6 weeks or so. Hasn't been an error since. They might not be aware of it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Send them a message. I politely tweeted at Adam Sachs and Engineer Brett why, out of the 10 Earwolf podcasts I subscribe to, Sklarbro Country released an episode with messed up audio seemingly every 6 weeks or so. Hasn't been an error since. They might not be aware of it.

I saw PFT mention it on his Twitter account the first time it happened, and that got fixed eventually, so somebody knows.

A listener post on the Earwolf forums says it's due to an errant
code:
&nbsp
in the feed. On my podcast app not only does this cause the new episode to not show up but it makes the entire feed inaccessible, including previously downloaded episodes (My Podcast app sucks but I think 99% of them do.)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Man will colonize Mars before it invents a good podcast app

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pocket Casts is great for the most part, but only on iPhone. Their Android interface is really weirdly broken.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Downcast is great, there's literally nothing bad about it

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

I'm so embarrassed! A mentally ill person on the internet?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Everything that was worthwhile was available at launch, maybe it'll get better but until they improve the app I'll just keep buying shirts.

As for podcast app recommendations, I dig BeyondPod, mostly because it worked with Google Reader and now Feedly. It makes it easy to re-download only the shows/episodes that you haven't listened to after upgrading or formatting your phone.

Also has anyone actually tried out Seeso? I tried to stream the UCB show last night and was getting all kinds of artifacts and stutters, didn't have any trouble playing netflix or any other streaming services. What's with all comedy based services running like poo poo?

The audio was alright so I kept watching. Overall the UCB show is hit or miss, but much like any comedy show not everything is going to be gold, lots of really funny stuff.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 11, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I haven't had a problem with artifacts or stutters with Seeso, but I haven't used it too much. I am liking it a lot though since it has Dark Place, the greatest tv show.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I like Podcast Addict on Android. Not sure if it's available on iPhone. It works pretty well for me and is very customizable as far as automatic downloads, queueing to playlist, delete upon listen, etc. Can make the settings for any podcast individually and have a global policy for the rest.

Is the UCB show any good? Wondering whether to check out Seeso...

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Apex Rogers posted:

I like Podcast Addict on Android. Not sure if it's available on iPhone. It works pretty well for me and is very customizable as far as automatic downloads, queueing to playlist, delete upon listen, etc. Can make the settings for any podcast individually and have a global policy for the rest.

If you leave feedback on the app saying you're missing a feature or something doesn't work the guy is pretty snappy at coming back and trying to fix it too, Podcast Addict is pretty great and customizable.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

manyak posted:

Lol it was really uncomfortable. I hadnt listened in a while but i listened for Brody stevens, it seems like Kulap isnt on it anymore and Howard doesnt want to be there, I liked that one of the charts was 'best football games of the week' and they just tried to get through it as fast as possible because they had nothing to say about it haha

Update: I watched Howie bomb at sketfest on Friday. The room did not want any uber or "movies are really long" material

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Besser vs Audience is great. I hope Jerry Minor keeps doing his LDS stuff. The Bob Odenkirk standup album is very "his kind of comedy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Apex Rogers posted:

I don't think anyone could tell you, really. The reason I'm not even thinking about subscribing to Seeso is that they release their new stuff one episode at a time, weekly. Instead of letting me choose how to watch the thing I'd be paying for, they'd withhold it for the purposes of hooking me for a longer subscription. It just feels scummy when we have examples of a properly consumer-friendly version of the same thing already. So, at this point the whole UCB show wouldn't be up yet do I'm not sure if you'd be able to tell.