Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sockington posted:

Sometimes they have chicanes that aren't marked on the map. :boom:
Why you gotta be that guy, Socks? Like Phancy isn't mean enough and the llama is a pure hater; but you gotta get your $0.02 in, too?

Goddamn.

Also, that chicane IS marked on the map but it's not part of the course. Eat me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Dude, the "chicanes on the map" thing has become the Forza Goon meme. It's not malicious, it's just a funny in-joke.

Nobody's trying to call you out by referencing it, unlike you calling out Phancy and llama in your post. Stop taking everything so goddamn personally.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
On the version of the track with the chicane, there is a chicane clearly marked on the map. When you get to the chicane, there is a giant tire wall across almost the entire track that prevents you from cutting it.

On the version of the track without a chicane, it is clearly marked on the map as being a straight. When you get to the chicane, there is no tire wall and you keep driving straight.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know it was a "Forza Goon Meme." I do know it can be confusing.

I'll call out people as I wish; because they sure as gently caress will call me out for anything, whether I earned it or didn't. Video game people are like that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao chill bruh

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

I didn't know it was a "Forza Goon Meme." I do know it can be confusing.

I'll call out people as I wish; because they sure as gently caress will call me out for anything, whether I earned it or didn't. Video game people are like that.

I think you might be a bit paranoid.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

"Forza Goon Meme."

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^^ drat, geeves.^^^

BCRock posted:

Dude, ... Forza Goon meme.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I think you might be a bit paranoid.
I could easily see why you think this.
...except I have many, many years and gigabytes of pictures and video stored locally and shared on Photobucket and Imgur, including stuff that hasn't been posted online at all.
If you have archives, you can find much of it in the GT, FM3, FM4, FH, FH2, and FM5 games threads. I had to kinda give up when FM6 came out because 20+ cars per race is too much for me to keep up with.

I still have all of this stored: the awesome, the great, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely indefensible. It's not paranoia, it's history.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 10, 2016

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

^^^ drat, geeves.^^^

I could easily see why you think this.
...except I have many, many years and gigabytes of pictures and video stored locally and shared on Photobucket and Imgur, including stuff that hasn't been posted online at all.
If you have archives, you can find much of it in the GT, FM3, FM4, FH, FH2, and FM5 games threads. I had to kinda give up when FM6 came out because 20+ cars per race is too much for me to keep up with.

I still have all of this stored: the awesome, the great, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely indefensible. It's not paranoia, it's history.

Ok, now I just think you're a little bit obsessed. It's video game car racing, it really isn't that important.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus christ howdy

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

jesus christ howdy
I'll take criticism from anyone but Cubivore.

The Matrix: "Not like this."

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Ok, now I just think you're a little bit obsessed. It's video game car racing, it really isn't that important.
Everyone says this until they get hosed over enough times, then it's not just "vidya games," it's a thing they want to talk about but everyone tells them it's not important, until they're in the fuckbarrel, too.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 11, 2016

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This is some poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Hahahahaha ^^^

robotsinmyhead posted:

This is some poo poo.
I've seen people switch from, "It's just a game, lighten up" to "What the gently caress?" Suddenly the game is serious to the same people who always say, "Games aren't serious business, so lay off and be quiet."

They care. To them, it's not "some poo poo." It's not whiny. Someone they friended wrecked them for position or score on purpose.

At least call it poo poo for the correct reason. I'm no "serious gamer" when others lose their poo poo over a point or a position. They victim-blame instead of being a good sport. Others are simply afraid to call people out for taking a video game TOO SERIOUSLY.

I'm the least competitive gamer out there.

As far as "call-outs": Phancy can be mean but he's trying to be funny, and usually he is. The llama behaves counter to good sportsmanship.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It would be really cool if people talked about the video game Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One All-In-One Entertainment System instead of their beefs with one another, in my opinion.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

It would be really cool if people talked about the video game Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One All-In-One Entertainment System instead of their beefs with one another, in my opinion.
I promise to take sincere criticism from anyone but Cubivore, here in this thread he posted without an Xbox One or a copy of FM6. Or FM5.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm not even criticizing you, I just want this dumb loving bullshit to stop. This poo poo adds nothing to the conversation, it is just pointless bickering that nobody wants to read. The last couple pages are so goddamn terrible that I have been strongly debating just closing the drat thread until people can chill the gently caress out and talk about the game this thread was made for instead of their dumb interpersonal dramas.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

I'm not even criticizing you, I just want this dumb loving bullshit to stop. This poo poo adds nothing to the conversation, it is just pointless bickering that nobody wants to read. The last couple pages are so goddamn terrible that I have been strongly debating just closing the drat thread until people can chill the gently caress out and talk about the game this thread was made for instead of their dumb interpersonal dramas.
Cubey, I've been responding to posts that are about me. I also posted what I hope is informative to track day bro! about leagues, but maybe I got some details wrong and if so I am sorry and want to stand corrected.
You and I have our differences but honestly I think they are mostly superficial.

I grant you that by feeding the trolls I have misbehaved and for that, I am sorry. I mean, I'd say I offer you an apology but that's not exactly the same as saying, "Cubey, I am sorry."

So I am saying exactly that.

I think my other thoughts on video game driving are not just salient to the topic under discussion but salient to this, your, thread.

Please accept not just my apology, but let's race soon. I already know you'll kick my rear end, but I haven't heard your grating voice in a very long time.

Sorry, Cubey.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 11, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If you are getting legitimately upset because people are posting words about you on the internet then you should internet less. I get shittalked in this thread too, nearly as much as you do, but you'll notice I don't post a million defensive posts about it because I don't give a poo poo. Stop giving a poo poo.

This will be my last post on this subject. Just please, stop. This is one of the worst threads in this subforum right now, please stop making it terrible. Forza 6 is a good game that is worth playing and enjoying and it deserves a better thread than this.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The formula mazda is a good car that everyone should check out.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How about that Forza 6 game you guys

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

The formula mazda is a good car that everyone should check out.

It's true! I wrote it off at first until I learned it was a rotary. This DLC pack ain't so bad after all.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Alright? Back on track.

How do I work with differential tuning?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

It's true! I wrote it off at first until I learned it was a rotary. This DLC pack ain't so bad after all.

Its a rotary? I thought the carpack was pretty rad, although I always like moar racecars especialy lmp1's. I'm just sad that the TS040 only seems to be running on ICE because the telemetry only seems to show it having around 700bhp instead of 1000. Or am I missing an ERS deploy button?

Also i'm sad that all of the older SuperGT cars dissapeared and I badly miss suzuka. It's one of those tracks that has a good variety of different corners making it nice to test on, same goes for catalunya but its not as fun as Suzuka.

Speaking of tuning, is there anything like the old spreadsheet that used to be available for Forza 4? I've got the forzatune app but it's very basic compared to the old spreadsheet which allowed for a tonne of different things.

Edit: found this
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst53786_U2SC-Forza-Tuning-Calculator.aspx

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 11, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Alright? Back on track.

How do I work with differential tuning?

A high percentage means that it'll lock quicker. Tune it for your driving style and the track. I keep my diffs at 40/40 and go from there. For on throttle oversteer, bump accel diff up to 60 ish.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Ok, I'm sorry I contributed to that Cubey, I honestly wasn't trying to troll Dr Faustus or even criticise them. It's your thread though and if I added to the making GBS threads it up then I apologise.

On topic, as I understand it, you guys race together at a time that's pretty late at night for us in the EU, right? Are there any earlier races that I can join and come dead last in?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pork Pie Hat posted:

On topic, as I understand it, you guys race together at a time that's pretty late at night for us in the EU, right? Are there any earlier races that I can join and come dead last in?

Organise an EU race! Although it will probably just be like 3 people, i'd do it but im lazy as h*ck.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

*walks into thread, puts on sunglasses and lights a cigarette*

*Tears open the snaps on his leather jacket, revealing his cut-off t-shirt's rad slogan*

"Mean as h*ck"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't have an Xbone but I really like Forza, like a bunch. Last one I played was 2. Should I get 4 or Horizon 2 if I had to make the choice between the two?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

I don't have an Xbone but I really like Forza, like a bunch. Last one I played was 2. Should I get 4 or Horizon 2 if I had to make the choice between the two?

You have a 360? Get Forza 4.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I have a 360, I'll see if I can find a place to get it for cheap

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

They're both Forza, but 4 is 'traditional Forza' in as much as it's circuit racing, while Horizon 2 is an open world driving game with races.

Both are really good fun in their own genres, so it depends on which of those genres you would prefer.

As a side note, Horizon 2's main voice over guy is Sean Maguire, which I, as a UK goon found really weird. Sean Maguire of all people. Why? :iiam:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I was reading up on the differences between the two. I like traditional Forza but I also dig variety. Does all the tuning and customization and variety as far as cars go get clamped down in Horizon to make way for bigger variety in their races or is it still good ol' car-sperg Forza but now it's party time?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
S class fiesta is impossible :stonk:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Surely they should be cheap enough to get both? Horizon 1 was a great game but lost all its replay value once you finished the main game tbh, dunno about the second one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't really want both. At least not at once. I'll pick the other up at a later point most likely.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Forza 4 remains the gold standard for the series, buy it. Be warned that the DLC is dead and gone though, so there are some really cool cars you'll miss out on, and the achievements for the Porsche pack as well if that matters to you.

Horizon was a game that was really fun online for a week but the single player I found to be kinda drab and once I'd done all the online stuff, the game lost its appeal.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

4 it is then, thank you friends

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Horizon was a real disappointment for me online. I remembering firing it up online for the first time, thinking (for some reason) that we'd be able to set a start and finish point on the world map and have a race. Instead it was underwhelming event races and we resorted to lining up at street signs and saying "3-2-1 GO!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Cubey posted:

Forza 4 remains the gold standard for the series, buy it. Be warned that the DLC is dead and gone though, so there are some really cool cars you'll miss out on, and the achievements for the Porsche pack as well if that matters to you.

You can still get a code for the Forza 4 porsche pack off of amazon if you want that: http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-Porsche-Expansion-Digital/dp/B00MNKYYOI/

They also sell a season pass code, but since the individual car packs are all gone it won't let you download them and is useless.

• Locked thread