Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I still can't say it out loud. It's just so sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Kashuno posted:

You should probably see a doc and have them give you prescribed pain killers lutr

Yeah that would be awfully nice. Unfortunately my doctor sucks. I'll probably go see him this week, although it'll be a little late to help me today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Well regarding today;

Kashuno posted:

I would do the last one but not apologize to the teachers

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks for the David Bowie spoiler. Haven't watched it yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is anyone in mafia a player in the infosec space? If so, can you PM me?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

my job isn't infosec but I'm heading that way on my career path and know a lot about it? Also you could probably find someone easily if you checked the working in IT thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is no point to anything anymore

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time to rewatch Laberynth.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mr.capps posted:

there is no point to anything anymore

Agreed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There never was any point.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

I wouldn't exactly say I'm a player but I a getting ready to start my masters in that very field next month.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I went to the dentist today, because I'm an adult.

Only one little cavity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rewarding myself by brushing with milkshakes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:razz:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hunky Dory's always been an emotional record for me, and while it's not my favorite it's the one that's brought me to a few tears today. There's a lot of raw emotion throughout the whole thing. I think he only tops himself, for me anyway, in Five Years and Rock 'n Roll Suicide later on. What an artist.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Five Years isn't on my ipod for some reason, life isn't worth living anymore. I have Moonage daydream, it'll have to do for now.

It's actually complete bullshit that Five Years is missing, I have a playlist for Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars because my song inf is hosed, and it's got everything in it but Five Years, so it has deleted itself from my ipod. I'll have to do a complete overhaul of this thing because it's missing songs that once were there.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, seen that from a few sources today. Saw it from Simon Pegg first.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's not the sort of big radio single that gets remembered these days, but very little in this world lights my brain on fire like "Look Back in Anger." Give it a spin if you never have before.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
David Bowie was alright

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

David Bowie was alright

gently caress you i will eat you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I WILL CONSUE YOUR FLEASH YOUFSPDKFJPioa

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gently caress mafia
gently caress EVERYTHING

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ive been told he was problematic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have no strong opinions on Bowie

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I didn't listen to his music much, but I have to respect that he was a pop culture icon.

mr.capps posted:

gently caress you i will eat you
You remind me of the babe.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

let's play music. I will not be playing any david bowie since I don't have any feelings for him either way but maybe someone else will and I will learn what I have missed?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

David Bowie was alright

:agreed:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

:unsmith:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i mean that tweet is kind of dumb, humans weren't alive for billions of years, so really it makes it way more likely that a person would be alive at the same time as david bowie than that twitter post makes it seem. There are more factors as well, like changes in population but I don't need to go into those

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

i mean that tweet is kind of dumb, humans weren't alive for billions of years, so really it makes it way more likely that a person would be alive at the same time as david bowie than that twitter post makes it seem. There are more factors as well, like changes in population but I don't need to go into those
calm down Taste

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

GulagDolls posted:

He may or may not have hosed an underage groupie. Also he definitely abducted a baby once.

Sedatefia ended in a Town and 3P victory.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I was always a fan of Ziggy and The Thin White Duke. Station to Station is a brilliant album and there's a live version of "Stay" that absolutely destroys.

I also really love "Let's Dance" and lot of his lovely disco stuff but I like a lot of music.

Gonna work through his discography and see what else I have missed. Looking forward to his final album, too.

From Brian Eno:

quote:

David's death came as a complete surprise, as did nearly everything else about him. I feel a huge gap now.

We knew each other for over 40 years, in a friendship that was always tinged by echoes of Pete and Dud. Over the last few years - with him living in New York and me in London - our connection was by email. We signed off with invented names: some of his were mr showbiz, milton keynes, rhoda borrocks and the duke of ear.

About a year ago we started talking about Outside - the last album we worked on together. We both liked that album a lot and felt that it had fallen through the cracks. We talked about revisiting it, taking it somewhere new. I was looking forward to that.

I received an email from him seven days ago. It was as funny as always, and as surreal, looping through word games and allusions and all the usual stuff we did. It ended with this sentence: 'Thank you for our good times, brian. they will never rot'. And it was signed 'Dawn'.

I realise now he was saying goodbye.

RIP, Mr. Bowie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
don't worry guys, i got titans of time to agree to do a david bowie tribute

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

GulagDolls posted:

yeah this is going around tumblr a lot lately with people stating he was a pedophile/rapist and when you ask for proof they link to a tumblr post... that links to an interview with a famous groupie who supposedly lost her virginity to him at 13 at like, the height of his fame in the 70s, but she's also supposedly lost her virginity to Angie and David at the same time or some other rock stars depending on who you talk to? It's getting kinda frustrating because one of my friends is doing this and I asked her for proof (she also seems to think he was a terrible racist), refuted it, and am now getting radio silence from her?

it is... Irritating

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

David bowie the famous racist married to Iman.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My favorite thing about it is that as a hardcore fan I point them in the direction of worse things he did.

Like Tin Machine.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mr.capps posted:

don't worry guys, i got titans of time to agree to do a david bowie tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7hh18IOTCQ

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tin Machine was formed to make music Bowie liked to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

David bowie the famous racist married to Iman.

this is the weirdest part. im very conflicted on the rape allegations but everyone calling him a nazi is.. very strange