Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Ugleb posted:

If you spot the blue/grey painted PHR in my avatar say hi. Because that'll be me.

I think I will be using green shaltari. Although no guarantees, the test yaris I have painted look very underwhelming and I may be switching paint scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Incy posted:

I think I will be using green shaltari. Although no guarantees, the test yaris I have painted look very underwhelming and I may be switching paint scheme.

So there is a chance of Dropgoons having three players this time?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Was tempted but a) haven't even managed to get a game in yet and b) wasn't going to be able to finish painting by the end of the month. And I really don't like playing with unpainted plastic (/resin). Will probably go along if there's one in the summer, when hopefully both issues will have resolved themselves.

EDIT: This is doubly lame as I'm literally on the London Bridge -> Croydon line, and it takes me all of 45 minutes to get to the venue.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Will you need a ticket to get in on Friday night? I'm not that interested in the tournament, but I would like to hang out.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm guessing not. Invasion is also an open day (free entry to come browse and potentially play a pick up game if there are free tables) so I don't see why you couldn't just turn up on Friday.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Grey Hunter posted:

So there is a chance of Dropgoons having three players this time?

Maybe? I wouldn't include me if you expect to be in the running for any prizes. Anyway, does anyone play Shaltari? I'm considering playing with the following, but have no idea if it is any good or not (I also have a bunch of warstriders but they seem super expensive for what firepower you get):

code:
Standard Army
Clash: 1484/1500 points
Standard Army
	Standard Roster [1484/1500 pts]
		Gate Group [226 pts]
			Eden Gates: Eden [50 pts]
			Spirit Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
			Spirit Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
			Haven: Haven [20 pts]
			Haven: Haven [20 pts]
			Eden Gates: Eden [50 pts]
		Court of Elders [310 pts]
			Gharial: Gharial(Warchief) [200 pts]
			Caiman Squad: Caiman [110 pts]
		Swordpoint [110 pts]
			Tarantula Squad: 2x Tarantula [110 pts]
		Warrior Clan [205 pts]
			Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]
			Kukri Squad: 3x Kukri [135 pts]
		Warrior Clan [200 pts]
			Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]
			Firedrake: Firedrake [130 pts]
		Warfist [160 pts]
			Jaguar Squad: Jaguar [110 pts]
			Totem: Totem [50 pts]
		Speartip [273 pts]
			Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]
			Yari Squad: 3x Yari(+Light Ion Cannon) [81 pts]
			Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I just magnetized and articulated a hades and Poseidon combo this weekend. Very satisfying. I've been able to get the FLGS allow me to run some demo games and hopefully turn that into a league and tournaments starting this march if any of you are in the philadelphia area.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Loxbourne posted:

Will you need a ticket to get in on Friday night? I'm not that interested in the tournament, but I would like to hang out.

I got Hawk Simon to confirm on the forums, you don't need a ticket to play on the Friday night, so just turn up and play!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I gotta say I'm a little annoyed there's no assembly instructions included with the resin scourge I've been buying. It's not like it's hard to figure out how to assemble them, but I always like to know exactly what a piece should look like before I trim/file it.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
"Is that flash or a very important connection point? .... hmmmm ... looks like flash to me!"

Five minutes later, :negative:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Anyone had experience with Sappers? I think they look pretty good, but I don't have any Drills and I can't really justify taking them in MT-90s or a Battle Bus.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

"Is that flash or a very important connection point? .... hmmmm ... looks like flash to me!"

Five minutes later, :negative:
First 6 months of Infinity was this for me.

Also my buddy is doing CNC NOD themed PHR and they look baller as gently caress. Gonna post up some snaps when he gets some more done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kickstarter progress report, there's a latecomer pledge thing for adding on a 2-player starter set. Also going to be new, not-see-before ships at Open, so whoever's going get some pictures please.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I definitely want to go to Invasion some time, especially after the hawk guys at the fair in Essen liked my army enough to tell me i should show up. Won't be this one though.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The pledge manager will be running until March now. That's cool, I may be feeling slightly less broke by then!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

News just in, the Medusa is getting its points raised from 90 to 100, and this will apply to Invasion lists.

This sounds about right to me tbh.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugleb posted:

News just in, the Medusa is getting its points raised from 90 to 100, and this will apply to Invasion lists.

This sounds about right to me tbh.

Huh. That takes the double type-4 list you posted earlier to 1508 points, so something would have to give.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

wdarkk posted:

Huh. That takes the double type-4 list you posted earlier to 1508 points, so something would have to give.

That's how finely balanced dropzone is, just a ten point increase can make a massive difference.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Maybe:
code:
Drop the Building
Clash: 1490/1500 points
Standard Army
	PHR Standard Roster [1490/1500 pts]
		Hand of the Sphere [245 pts]
			Nemesis: Nemesis(Councillor) [245 pts]
		Battle Pantheon [206 pts]
			Battle Squad: 2x Phobos [126 pts]
			Apollo Squad: 2x Apollo-A [80 pts]
		Battle Pantheon [223 pts]
			Battle Squad: Phobos [63 pts]
			Helios Squad: 2x Helios, Neptune [160 pts]
		Immortals [202 pts]
			Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
		Heavy Pantheon [405 pts]
			Hades: Hades, Poseidon [275 pts]
			Heavy Squad: 2x Enyo [130 pts]
		Pegasus Group [209 pts]
			Medusa: Medusa [90 pts]
			Valkyries: 2x Valkyries, Triton A1 [119 pts]
Or:
code:
Drop the Building
Clash: 1489/1500 points
Standard Army
	PHR Standard Roster [1489/1500 pts]
		Hand of the Sphere [245 pts]
			Nemesis: Nemesis(Councillor) [245 pts]
		Battle Pantheon [185 pts]
			Battle Squad: Phobos, Ares [105 pts]
			Apollo Squad: 2x Apollo-A [80 pts]
		Battle Pantheon [223 pts]
		Immortals [222 pts]
			Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1(+Stealth Missiles) [111 pts]
			Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1(+Stealth Missiles) [111 pts]
		Heavy Pantheon [405 pts]
			Hades: Hades, Poseidon [275 pts]
			Heavy Squad: 2x Enyo [130 pts]
		Pegasus Group [209 pts]
			Medusa: Medusa [90 pts]
I'm thinking about PHR as my second army, so I don't have any actual experience, this is just guessing.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I think I prefer your first list, walk on Phobos is more useful than an Ares I think as your real AT is coming from the type-4's and Medusa.

My current thinking had moved on a bit from what I posted here, I think the latest iteration dropped the Enyo's in favour of an Athena and a couple other tweaks. The trade off I'm contemplating is ditching the Hades' Poseidon and simply having both type-4's walk on. This frees up points and allows for turn 1 shooting but really reduces my ability to redeploy and contest distant focal points. So I dunno.

That Medusa nerf is significant as a spare ten points can make a surprisingly big difference. I frequently don't upgrade Tritons as I cant spare the points, so something will definitely give somewhere!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

As I like to share, the current thinking is this:

code:

INV2016 Fast Rumble
Clash: 1489/1500 points
Standard Army
	PHR Standard Roster [1489/1500 pts]
		Hand of the Sphere [280 pts]
			Nemesis: Nemesis(Battle Vizier) [280 pts]
		Battle Pantheon [126 pts]
		Immortals [374 pts]
			AM Rifle Team: 2x Immortal Longreach Team, Triton A1 [113 pts]
		Pegasus Group [249 pts]
			Medusa: Medusa, Triton X [130 pts]
		Heavy Pantheon [325 pts]
			Hades: Hades [205 pts]
			Apollo Squad: 2x Apollo-A, Neptune [120 pts]
		Air Wing [135 pts]
			Athena Squad: Athena [135 pts]

What I don't like is the lack of any demolition units in there to clear firing lines for the Type-4's. The Enyo's and Angelos got dropped in favour of more mobile Apollo's and Medusa with the threat of an Athena swoooping about which should in theory help mitigate the slow as hell walk on units and give me something to throw at focal points.

The Medusa change forced me to drop a Valkyrie squad down to a Longreach team, which makes my infantry slower and leaves me with just one scout unit. A possible change there would be to swap out a Phobos for two Janus Scout Walkers in a Triton. Hmm.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 14, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugleb posted:

I think I prefer your first list, walk on Phobos is more useful than an Ares I think as your real AT is coming from the type-4's and Medusa.

My current thinking had moved on a bit from what I posted here, I think the latest iteration dropped the Enyo's in favour of an Athena and a couple other tweaks. The trade off I'm contemplating is ditching the Hades' Poseidon and simply having both type-4's walk on. This frees up points and allows for turn 1 shooting but really reduces my ability to redeploy and contest distant focal points. So I dunno.

That Medusa nerf is significant as a spare ten points can make a surprisingly big difference. I frequently don't upgrade Tritons as I cant spare the points, so something will definitely give somewhere!

Ha, I was thinking of the Ares as a demo unit of last resort, since it (and the stealth missiles) were replacing the Angelos.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Can anyone tell my why Ronin have the shaped charge rule on their weapons? They are e9 so as far as I can tell, it will never be used.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Incy posted:

Can anyone tell my why Ronin have the shaped charge rule on their weapons? They are e9 so as far as I can tell, it will never be used.

I hadn't noticed that! You're right, it is utterly pointless (unless something else is coming we don't know about).

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
It's the same for the Legionaire rocket launchers so if it's for interaction with something upcoming it must have been in the works a long time.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My guess is it's on there to future proof generally, not for a specific thing (or because all missiles get it so this one does even if it's silly). That way if there's some stupid high armor thing out there, or some cover that benefits vehicles in a weird way (possible a scenario/special/unique bunker, say) then the rule covers it.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
I was about to post that I thought there was some weapon strength modifying equipment... but I was simply mistakenly remembering the Erebos's rules.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Has anyone else had a LOT of trouble assembling the Scourge Raider dropship (the one that comes with the Screamer)? I can't get the tail section to fit onto the main body at all, there seems to be an absolutely huge gap in the middle. I said "gently caress it" and tried to glue it, but it wouldn't even stay glued.

EDIT: Not the best picture, but I think it gets across the gap.

It feels like the main body shrunk somehow. Everything looks fine, but when I go to fit it's horrible.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 14, 2016

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I put mine together this past weekend and it had a gap that looked even worse then yours there. I ended up a wad of greenstuff in the gap, superglue in the top part that lined up with the spines, and then just smooshed it into place trimming off the greenstuff that squeeze out. There wasn't a better way to do it from what I could tell.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I didn't realize Jocasta came with command cards and cut them in half while opening her blister.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

nesbit37 posted:

I put mine together this past weekend and it had a gap that looked even worse then yours there. I ended up a wad of greenstuff in the gap, superglue in the top part that lined up with the spines, and then just smooshed it into place trimming off the greenstuff that squeeze out. There wasn't a better way to do it from what I could tell.

Depending on how I hold it the gap can look much worse. Do you think mounting putty would work, or do I need actual greenstuff?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

DeadGame posted:

I didn't realize Jocasta came with command cards and cut them in half while opening her blister.

Oh. That is painful. :(

Wonder if you could talk Hawk into exchanging them for you? Maybe send them the damaged cards with a return envelope? Email them first obviously.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Do you think mounting putty would work, or do I need actual greenstuff?

I gave it a try, and it seems to work so far. Obviously if the tail falls I'll buy the greenstuff.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Managed to start the group off at my scene, in two weeks we've gone from 0 players to 12 with more interest gaining rapidly. Time to start us a new player league! Does Hawk have any sort of packs for things like this or rulesets?

I've yet to play a game though as work's knackering me, our bar is too relaxing to grab a cider and watch others roll.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 15, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

They have a volunteer program called the Talons, possibly worth looking into.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That is perfect, thanks mate!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I had my first game with my own army today. Since there were a fair number of new people (including me) the game took too long and we only got through 3 turns.
code:
Clash: 1498/1500 points
Standard Army
	Standard Roster [1498/1500 pts]
		Oppressors [450 pts]
			Oppressor: Oppressor(Master), Harbinger(+Mini Arc Caster) [300 pts]
			Annihilator: Annihilator [150 pts]
		Vanguard [304 pts]
			Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter, Marauder [146 pts] 
			Reaper Squad: 3x Reaper, Marauder [158 pts]
		Warriors [204 pts]
			Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
			Screamers: Screamer, Raider [110 pts]
		Warriors [94 pts]
			Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
		Occupation Patrol [196 pts]
			Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
			Destroyers: 2x Destroyers, Intruder Alpha [140 pts]
		Occupation Patrol [250 pts]
			Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
			Destroyers: 2x Destroyers, Intruder Alpha [140 pts]
			Reavers: Reaver [54 pts]
We were using the "Secure the Flanks" scenario. The enemy had UCM with I deployed my armor and commander towards the focal point to the right of my deployment zone, the solo warrior group to "my" objective, and everything else to the center (the Annihilator hiding behind a building).

Some highlights:
For some reason the enemy was unwilling to enter the center structure with all my Destroyers, a Warrior Horde, and the Screamer parked nearby. Thus the Screamer never got to actually DO anything. Even if we'd continued the enemy didn't have that much infantry and wasn't really interested in a CQB.

The Reaver got wrecked by an Archangel while my AA wasn't yet online. Its valiant sacrifice saved an infantry transport from taking the same hit.

The Annihilator killed an average of 2.66 tanks/shot. MVP.

The enemy Kodiak absolutely wrecked my Oppressor. Two consecutive 2-damage hits.

My AA seemed somewhat insufficient, but that may have been poor deployment.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

wdarkk posted:

Depending on how I hold it the gap can look much worse. Do you think mounting putty would work, or do I need actual greenstuff?

Did the putty end up working? I don't know why it shouldn't . I only used the greenstuff because its what I had around.

FYI I had to write Hawk about something else and mentioned the raider and they replied with the below. Definitely a casting issue it seems with all of them:

"We also apologise for this problem with the Raider; it is one we are aware of, though because of the design we are unable to cast in in another way. While we always attempt to make all of our models fit snugly and perfectly, on more advanced units such as these there can sometimes be modelling and basic sculpting involved. We advise careful use of a modelling scalpel and file to get a closer fit, and also some filler/putty for any joint lines."

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah putty worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I had a windfall of store credit at my LGS land for me this week. I wanted to flesh out my Resistance stuff with units that would be beneficial and fun as my friends are all pushing for 1500 point games. Thus far I've played 4 games, three were from the starter before I bought in and the last one was with my resistance starter army.

Since I've got some scratch to blow, I wanted to get an idea of things I should be looking at.

My collection so far is:

1x Kraken
2x Lifthawk Dropships
2x Hannibal MBT
3x Gun Wagons
3x Jackson APC
6x Resistance Fighters

1x Alexander Heavy Tank
2x Zhukov AA
2x Cyclone Helicopter

My store credit budget should be around $150-200.

I was thinking about getting

1x Battle Bus box (2 buses)
1x Fire Wagon box (3 wagons)
1x Storm Wagon box (3 wagons)
1x Gun Technical (6 technicals)
1x Rocket Technical (6 technicals)
1x Breaching Drill
1x Occupation veterans (4 bases)
1x Berserkers (4 bases)
2x Freeriders (4 bases)
1x Thunderstorm Custom
1x Barrel Bomber

If I can squeeze in another resistance starter, I'll pick that up for some additional lifthawks, but I think I'm pushing close to my limit here.

I'd appreciate any feedback or recommendations.