Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worth noting that Murata was drawing pages that didn't appear here on stream so we might have a fairly sizeable update next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU52RU1jSMQ

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
"Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice..."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yes because Saitama is really the type to beat up a lot of heroes who routinely risk their lives to save the planet

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AnonSpore posted:

Yes because Saitama is really the type to beat up a lot of heroes who routinely risk their lives to save the planet

It could have been from one of those AUs where the superheros are all fascist overlord bad guys.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Knowing DCU and MARVEL, they probably attacked him first.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

It's weird because there has to be a contingent of the readership that... I don't want to say reads the manga wrong but is in it for very different reasons than what most or all of the people in this thread are. I imagine they love the action, and while it does do well in that regard, I wonder how less than satisfying the rest of it must be for them. So I guess they branch into weird violent fanart or something?

I guess weirdly he's actually a very nuanced character? I always think back to that scene in the anime where he's sparring with Genos in the canyon and there's this look of pure joy on his face at Genos zooming around. I just can't connect that character to a murderous rampage, but eh, whatever. Maybe I'm wrong.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

AnonSpore posted:

It's really funny that Saitama, the only superhero who could believably beat the snot out of Superman without using Kryptonite, also happens to be even more mild tempered than even that goodie two shoes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just an extension of the stupid Goku vs Superman argument which is actually a thinly veiled manga vs comics argument and now that One Punch Man has entered the mainstream eye, people are going nutso.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could beat up Superman

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You guys are really looking deep into trying to find meaning behind some silly fanart. Could Saitama beat up all the comic superheros? Maybe. So someone drew it. That's all there is to it. I'm sure if you guys look really hard you could find art of Goku, Luffy, Ichigo, other anime/comic/movie/book character doing the same.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

And More posted:

It's really funny that Saitama, the only superhero who could believably beat the snot out of Superman without using Kryptonite, also happens to be even more mild tempered than even that goodie two shoes.

the problem I have with Superman is that he's held up as being a paragon of virtue, but Saitama is just a cool guy who tries not to be a dick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Captain Quack posted:

Knowing DCU and MARVEL, they probably attacked him first.

considering captain america is only writhing on the ground in agony instead of across the city it's probably this.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Waffleman_ posted:

It's just an extension of the stupid Goku vs Superman argument which is actually a thinly veiled manga vs comics argument and now that One Punch Man has entered the mainstream eye, people are going nutso.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nerds who measure the relative quality of pop culture based on who can beat up who.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Captain Quack posted:

Am I the only one who sees this and just assumes the other heroes took the last on sale bento and Saitama flipped out?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Loving the little hand that comes out of pheonix monster in this page when he's giving out the business card.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Grim posted:

the problem I have with Superman is that he's held up as being a paragon of virtue, but Saitama is just a cool guy who tries not to be a dick
What makes Superman interesting and what makes Saitama interesting are very different things.

But yeah, it's exactly as Waffleman says: people being huge nerds about perceived power levels, nothing more.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Batman would beat Saitama by buying out all the supermarkets in the city and threatening to cancel all future special sale days.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Any Saitama versus fight was answered somewhere in this thread or the dbz one awhile back. Saitama would win but (Insert name) would get the credit.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I for one am glad we have someone like King to keep our children safe.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Superman is the christ figure where as Saitama is the Buddha.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Am I the only one who sees this and just assumes the other heroes took the last on sale bento and Saitama flipped out?

Saitama wouldn't do that if they just took the last on sale bento. They must have cut in line to do it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I for one am glad we have someone like King to keep our children safe.

King vs Mr. Satan, who would win

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Captain Quack posted:

One punch man makes a better superman than superman in my humble opinion.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Waffleman_ posted:

King vs Mr. Satan, who would win

Mr. Satan obviously.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
Murata was playing Bowie on his stream last night :unsmith:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Tell me more about this version of Saint Young Men.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Mr. Satan obviously.

Mr. Satan is just the world's greatest martial artist. King is the most powerful man in the world.

Therefore, Mr. Satan could easily beat Bang, but he would lose to King, because King never has to use martial arts, instead relying on his absurd raw power. Q.E.D.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

chiasaur11 posted:

Mr. Satan is just the world's greatest martial artist. King is the most powerful man in the world.

Therefore, Mr. Satan could easily beat Bang, but he would lose to King, because King never has to use martial arts, instead relying on his absurd raw power. Q.E.D.

Mr. Satan has megaton punch. King is too cocky about being the strongest man that he wouldn't turn on the King Engine until he was already dead.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Captain Quack posted:

One Punch Man: Red Son: Infinite Crisis: House of Metal Knight

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think you're joking, but that's surprisingly apt.

Shugojin posted:

Saitama wouldn't do that if they just took the last on sale bento. They must have cut in line to do it.

Perfectly in-character for Stark, at very least.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Mr. Satan has megaton punch. King is too cocky about being the strongest man that he wouldn't turn on the King Engine until he was already dead.

The King Engine revs up whenever there's a challenge. And fighting the world's greatest martial artist to the death? The King Engine would be roaring.

Even Mr. Satan would respect the King Engine.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

chiasaur11 posted:

Nah, you have it backwards; note that King is rank 7, while Bang, who is decidedly not the strongest man in the world, is up at 3, and Mr. Satan is an even more skilled martial artist. He would neutralize King's strength with his technique and defeat him, though it would be a challenge.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This conversation is getting really lame and one-up-y.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

One-Up Man

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I think you're joking, but that's surprisingly apt.

I'm an profoundly deep thinker.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I thought the conversation was a joke; having a stereotypical power levels contest but for two incredibly, hilariously weak characters people so powerful analyzing them is pointless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roland Jones posted:

I thought the conversation was a joke; having a stereotypical power levels contest but for two incredibly, hilariously weak characters people so powerful analyzing them is pointless.

Nah, I get that it's a joke, but it sometimes gets weird when people try to carry on the joke for too long and starts feeling less like a joke and more like posters trying to outdo each other.

I'm probably not one to talk.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm an profoundly deep thinker.

Matoi Ryuko was also known for thinking deeply before heading into battle, yes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

People talking about King verses Mr. Satan like it would even remotely be a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3NU3DOsQo&t=303s

Mr. Satan - 1
King - 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

People talking about King verses Mr. Satan like it would even remotely be a contest.

Mr. Satan - 1
King - 0
*Modsnip.*

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 12, 2016