Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Looks like Walking dead might become the shambling walking undead thing it tells stories about. Never has a shows subject matter become so apt and representative for the show itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Madkal posted:

Looks like Walking dead might become the shambling walking undead thing it tells stories about. Never has a shows subject matter become so apt and representative for the show itself.

Can't wait for ten more seasons of wandering around and trying not to die!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

He'd been married for about two years before he died.

Are you sure? Could have swore they told me they were engaged the year before he passed.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Madkal posted:

AMC's TV show scheduling is fractal geometry at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean it still is by far the most watched show on cable, of course they aren't looking to cancel it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

The cast was gonna be Starfire, Nightwing , Raven and Hawk & Dove and it had been retooled to be called Blackbirds instead of Titans

Ugh that is terrible, plus i doubt it will have any of the fun of Teen Titans. Sounds very serious and dour.

The worst thing about Walking dead lasting forever is main cast members will want to leave, and that means dying and if someone like Rick or Glenn died people would freak out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Die Laughing posted:

Are you sure? Could have swore they told me they were engaged the year before he passed.

Wikipedia says they were married from 2009-2011. Of course I didn't realize he died in February when I posted that and it doesn't say when they got married, so it could be considerably less time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bobbi/Hunter AoS spin off is back on.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
How good is the Static comic? The only thing I know of him is the Static Shock cartoon which I thought kicked complete rear end. Didn't pick him up when the New 52 started because I knew that poo poo was gonna get cancelled and thrown in the trash.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Watching the JL show on netflix before It goes. I like how Flash is the doofus of the team, Wonder Woman is the rookie, and Hawkgirl is the sick of your poo poo person. Though I shouldn't be surprised they went with the Alien version rather than the reincarnation one because that was Hawkpeople origin de jour at the time.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

Though I shouldn't be surprised they went with the Alien version rather than the reincarnation one because that was Hawkpeople origin de jour at the time.

Don't worry, they find a way to throw in the reincarnation origin as well.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

muscles like this? posted:

Really weird that ABC has three new Marvel shows in development (this, Damage Control, and the John Ridley project), and yet the only one they're full steam ahead on is the direct spinoff of a show with middling (if acceptable in the current broadcast climate) ratings.

Though Powerless being ordered to pilot probably doesn't help Damage Control's chances.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So, I got the first season of Flash for Christmas, but I've had the first two seasons of Arrow on my shelf for a few months now after I got them on sale for cheap in the local record shop. Thus, I'm now watching Arrow for the first time, and it's been pretty enjoyable so far.

I feel I must say, though, I wouldn't like to see whatever regimen they've had Stephen Amell on to get him looking that good! I think about what I manage when I'm at the gym and I'm like :stare: (:shobon:).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Noooooo

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Seems like a terrible idea unless the spinoff becomes the Marvel super spy show and Agents of Shield changes its name to Secret Avengers.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Would you have preferred a Skye/Lincoln spinoff? :twisted:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

redbackground posted:

Would you have preferred a Skye/Lincoln spinoff? :twisted:

Yes. I wouldn't watch their show but the original show would get a much needed casting tonsillectomy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/08/preacher-amc

Not that I expected them to go full Grail and Herr Starr in season 1, but it sounds like that outside of Cassedy, there won't be any supernatural aspects. It will be just Jesse, his Ex, and a Irish Vampire dealing with Southern lowlifes from the sound of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Not that I expected them to go full Grail and Herr Starr in season 1, but it sounds like that outside of Cassedy, there won't be any supernatural aspects. It will be just Jesse, his Ex, and a Irish Vampire dealing with Southern lowlifes from the sound of it.

Ugh that does not inspire me with hope. The whole "hunt for God" thing is kinda essential to the series. I was getting a bit worried that they hadn't cast the Saint yet.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
In case you weren't drowning enough in comic books on TV, Marvel is developing a SECOND comedy based show on top of the Damage Control pilot.

If this show isn't a live action Squirrel Girl, Marvel is doing it wrong...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

GLOSS posted:

In case you weren't drowning enough in comic books on TV, Marvel is developing a SECOND comedy based show on top of the Damage Control pilot.

If this show isn't a live action Squirrel Girl, Marvel is doing it wrong...

Nextwave, Agents of HATE, though...

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nextwave, Agents of HATE, though...

Who would you replace Boom Boom with?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

given there's an actor cased for Fiore already I don't think it's going t obe all that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fezz posted:

Kaboom, a new Inhuman with identical powers.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Fezz posted:

Kaboom Kaboom, the Inhuman airhead blonde woman that can make stuff explode.

Edit: That's what I get for not refreshing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I really don't understand why they keep trying to make this a thing. I like AoS a lot and think they have a good dynamic but there's no way in hell they can carry their own show, it's like if they made a Worf spin-off or something...

Oh

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hakkesshu posted:

I really don't understand why they keep trying to make this a thing. I like AoS a lot and think they have a good dynamic but there's no way in hell they can carry their own show, it's like if they made a Worf spin-off or something...

Oh

Because the Marvel TV division is different people from the movie division, and because there was drama over the committee that once linked them, I can see the TV people trying way to hard to do... whatever it is the think they are doing. AoS is really not in need of a spin off and it is going to be hilarious when after the "committee" is now solely in charge of TV they end up being the first of the two groups to produce a massive flop. It would be nice if Most Wanted was actually good, but I am really not holding my breath. Unless Marvel becomes more willing to go balls to the wall with their ABC shows, I really have my doubts.

In other news, both Berlanti and CBS President have dropped hints that a Flash/Supergirl crossover was still a possibility this season. Berlanti said they only have a few weeks to figure it out though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will never understand the glee comics fans express at the idea of properties aimed at them failing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ToastyPotato posted:

In other news, both Berlanti and CBS President have dropped hints that a Flash/Supergirl crossover was still a possibility this season. Berlanti said they only have a few weeks to figure it out though.

I don't know when their respective finales are airing, but having Barry bust into National City as the cliffhanger for both shows would be amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I will never understand the glee comics fans express at the idea of properties aimed at them failing.

Because an AOS spinoff of two boring characters is such a stupid idea that I want everyone involved in it to get fired.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I don't know when their respective finales are airing, but having Barry bust into National City as the cliffhanger for both shows would be amazing.

That would be pretty nuts. The hype for the season premieres would wonderful. It could work pretty easy too, they just need Barry to "get lost" in jumps between the two Earths, and end up on SG Earth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Because an AOS spinoff of two boring characters is such a stupid idea that I want everyone involved in it to get fired.

Most people really like Bobbi and Hunter and also you hate AoS anyways!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry Allen never made it home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Nobody likes Hunter.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

My issue is that Bobbi and Hunter are a significant part of why AOS is better than before, so removing them seems like a terrible idea to me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Rhyno posted:

Nobody likes Hunter.*

*[citation needed]

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

ToastyPotato posted:

My issue is that Bobbi and Hunter are a significant part of why AOS is better than before, so removing them seems like a terrible idea to me.

I like Hunter a lot, but spinning them off into a second AOS show is a bummer. I'd rather they try something new on TV than divide their current winning formula into two- most likely - mediocre shows.

I mean, I'm going to watch them, because I'm a sheep, but still.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Nobody likes Hunter.

I don't like Bobbi

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't like Bobbi

She's not a very good actress honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

She's not a very good actress honestly.

Her character is just super boring when she's not punching bad people.

Hunter at least has personality.