Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Whale posted:

I'd like to request Shandalar, the magic: the gathering computer game
Not saying it couldn't use a new one, but it's been LP'd ages ago, just in case you didn't know.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

unwantedplatypus posted:

Checked the master list and whatnot and didn't find it. So I'd like to put Rise of Nations . It's an old gem of a game recently released on steam. Probably best done in the form of a screenshot LP, as battles can either be quick 15-20 minute affairs or hour long grueling sieges. It shares many characteristics to empire earth and I think it manages to improve on the formula.

I'm kind of curious how you envision this LP. I'm guessing something like a conquer the world campaign with an invented narrative by the LPer, given that there is no story to the game itself? Or would you just want an informative LP?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I hate this thread, now I'm looking at copies of Hey You, Pikachu on Amazon. Send help.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jsor posted:

I hate this thread, now I'm looking at copies of Hey You, Pikachu on Amazon. Send help.

Fun fact, the microphone adapter thing that the game came with works with 3.5mm microphones! :eng101:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm kind of curious how you envision this LP. I'm guessing something like a conquer the world campaign with an invented narrative by the LPer, given that there is no story to the game itself? Or would you just want an informative LP?

There's a lot of different ways to approach it. There's several mini-campaigns that are more focused. An LP of a grand campaign could probably use some invented objectives/story.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

Fun fact, the microphone adapter thing that the game came with works with 3.5mm microphones! :eng101:

A voice recognition games megathread could be fun.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lizard Wizard posted:

A voice recognition games megathread could be fun.

Of all posters to suggest this, the only other game I can think of (though I'm not bashing, I'm sure there are more) is Skyrim for 360. :v:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

AlphaKretin posted:

Of all posters to suggest this, the only other game I can think of (though I'm not bashing, I'm sure there are more) is Skyrim for 360. :v:

There's also Tom Clancy's EndWar and There Came An Echo, but yeah, the choices are fairly light.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

And Lifeline, and Seaman, and Odama, and Binary Domain, and Nintendogs, and Zelda 1. :colbert:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well the joke was that he's currently doing a Skyrim LP (albeit, of course, on PC). To contribute, though, Singstar? :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd honestly be down to see a Seaman LP. The only one I've seen so far was the Freelance Astronauts, and while loving hilarious, it wasn't quite comprehensive

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Has anyone done a Kerbel Space Program Lets Play yet? I'm really tempted.

Regardless if it's been done before or not, I'd be really interested to watch you do one. Most of the decent offsite content is before all the new sciencey stuff came out.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Lizard Wizard posted:

And Lifeline, and Seaman, and Odama, and Binary Domain, and Nintendogs, and Zelda 1. :colbert:
Don't forget N.U.D.E.: Natural Ultimate Digital Experiment.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jsor posted:

I hate this thread

Love the thread.

Become the thread.

LP everything.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
When's someone going to suffer through the King's Field games for our "enjoyment"

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

DoctorWhat posted:

When's someone going to suffer through the King's Field games for our "enjoyment"
Never. Those games are all mostly hot poo poo and I would do them just to spite your interest.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Niggurath posted:

Never. Those games are all mostly hot poo poo and I would do them just to spite your interest.

Well that's not very nice.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Niggurath posted:

I'm actually having difficulty parsing your actual opinions/meaning here but this seems really personal out of nowhere.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm actually having difficulty parsing your actual opinions/meaning here but this seems really personal out of nowhere.
My bad, it's just a joke that wasn't very funny. Most of the King's Fields games are super bad though and I've had some passing interest in them, but most people would rather I not LP anything ever. I'm sorry though that it came across as some attack against you, it really wasn't meant that way.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Niggurath posted:

My bad, it's just a joke that wasn't very funny. Most of the King's Fields games are super bad though and I've had some passing interest in them, but most people would rather I not LP anything ever. I'm sorry though that it came across as some attack against you, it really wasn't meant that way.

I think I kiiinda get what you were going for but your syntax didn't make sense for it.

No hard feelings.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I think I kiiinda get what you were going for but your syntax didn't make sense for it.

No hard feelings.
Yeah, like the framing for my King's Field idea would probably be to do a short look at the Japanese King's Field 1 because it's interesting from the fact it was a PS1 release title, but it's pretty archaic in it's presentation and how stats work (i.e. to get a point of strength requires connecting 100 solid hits and you have to do that for like 30 levels?). Then moving onto King's Field 2 as the first legit entry since it was more flushed out, had more varied environments but the problem becomes would people want to see a VLP or a hybrid? I mean screenshots would end up looking super repetitive, but straight video might be way, way too slow (up until the Shadow Tower games when it sped up a tad bit). I don't know, I have given it legit thought and did some initial planning, but I honestly don't know how well it'd turn out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe you could have some guests to talk with.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
make it "how the gently caress do we play kings field" and before posting it invite a bunch of people to play it blind with your guidance and watch everyone getting loving lost and beaten in a maze of dirt and low poly things that makes minecraft look like it has a realistic art style

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

make it "how the gently caress do we play kings field" and before posting it invite a bunch of people to play it blind with your guidance and watch everyone getting loving lost and beaten in a maze of dirt and low poly things that makes minecraft look like it has a realistic art style
See, that's the confusing bit cause I'm not master of the Field of Kings and some of that poo poo is arcane witchcraft or flat out confusing. Like there are roving merchants, or what one item does in one game changes completely to the next. I do fully admit it's an interesting beast but it's a confounding one to present in a competent manner.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
So I have a modded 3DS that lets me record off it. I tried doing two LPs with it: Kid Icarus: Uprising (which went pretty well) and Paper Mario: Sticker Star (which did not). My 3DS is just sitting there being unused, and I haven't done an LP lately, so I figured, at the risk of this being some kind of interest check, what 3DS games might people be interested in? The list includes Bravely Default, but that game bores me to death, and I wasn't a huge fan of Mario And Luigi: Dream Team. Are there any other candidates for a decent game?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

People might like Animal Crossing LPs? I'm not sure. But I think they eat up Harvest Moon LPs...

Link Between Worlds? Or the 3D versions of OOT or MM? Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

LBW, Luigi's Mansion or Mario 3D Land could be fun ones.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Maple Leaf posted:

So I have a modded 3DS that lets me record off it. I tried doing two LPs with it: Kid Icarus: Uprising (which went pretty well) and Paper Mario: Sticker Star (which did not). My 3DS is just sitting there being unused, and I haven't done an LP lately, so I figured, at the risk of this being some kind of interest check, what 3DS games might people be interested in? The list includes Bravely Default, but that game bores me to death, and I wasn't a huge fan of Mario And Luigi: Dream Team. Are there any other candidates for a decent game?
if you have friends willing to take part, especially 2 other pals with capture-modded 3DSes, Triforce Heroes would make for a good novelty.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

DoctorWhat posted:

if you have friends willing to take part, especially 2 other pals with capture-modded 3DSes, Triforce Heroes would make for a good novelty.

It'd be a lot more doable with just one and two other people joining in, though. Capture modded 3DSes aren't exactly common at all. You might miss out on a few puzzle solutions but oh well. Doing it with running voice commentary could be neat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maple Leaf posted:

Fantasy Life, perhaps?

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Maple Leaf posted:

Codename: S.T.E.A.M. or Persona Q, maybe?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I'll third Link Between Worlds.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Try and slip pokemon OR/AS past the mods.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If there's any 3DS game that deserves more attention in general, it's A Link Between Worlds. A lot of people probably don't realize just how good that game is and they deserve to know.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I was thinking back to a lot of the old (non-Ultima) Origin Systems games that I used to play when I was younger. Autoduel, Moebius, Space Rogue, Omega... but the one I remember the least about (and in fact had to look up to make sure that it even existed, and wasn't some weird thing that my subconscious made up) is "Tangled Tales: The Misadventures of a Wizard's Apprentice".

I'd be curious to see someone who actually does remember it, and enjoyed it, take a stab at putting it on display.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know it's kind of controversial, and that's partly why I'm asking, but I think it might be neat to see an LP of Brutal Doom.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know it's kind of controversial, and that's partly why I'm asking, but I think it might be neat to see an LP of Brutal Doom.

I'd watch that... Also, why is it controversial?

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Haerc posted:

I'd watch that... Also, why is it controversial?
It makes gameplay additions that any Doom purist would scoff at, but it's not really the big issue so much as it is the kind of person that created it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Has anyone ever done Ground Control? If not I would like to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I've actually thought of doing Brutal Doom myself. The gameplay changes are significant enough that I wouldn't feel like I'm just redoing an LP that's already in the archives, and they might give me something interesting to talk about. My only hangups are that I'm not sure if it's good first LP material, and I actually need to make sure I can beat the drat game. There's a hallway in episode 3 somewhere, can't remember the mission, that brought me to a stop due to the reworked BFG.

• Locked thread