Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just go get R TEQ Gokus from Showdown. You get two 30‰ shots at an SA level for the same stamina. I did it that way and it was pretty easy. You get 1-3 levels for a set of 5, generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
He does drop right? I haven't gotten any more since I beat it on z-hard. I'm starting to wonder if this is like Cooler, who is only rumored to drop.

Echophonic posted:

Just go get R TEQ Gokus from Showdown. You get two 30‰ shots at an SA level for the same stamina. I did it that way and it was pretty easy. You get 1-3 levels for a set of 5, generally.

Edit: This seems like a much better use of my time/stamina.

They also fixed Mr. Buu's awakening issue. He's pretty good with Majin Buu/Super Buu, but he's probably not good enough to break into my INT team.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't understand how the dragon stones from the event work, I'm pretty sure I only got 1 from running through Normal

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

I don't understand how the dragon stones from the event work, I'm pretty sure I only got 1 from running through Normal

You can get 9 total, from clearing stages 3, 6, and 9 on each difficulty.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Dude - this is a solid idea. I keep on forgetting this is an option!

As for the event drops, I don't think he drops after the 3 (1 for each difficulty) on the last stage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

Dude - this is a solid idea. I keep on forgetting this is an option!

As for the event drops, I don't think he drops after the 3 (1 for each difficulty) on the last stage.

Him not dropping seems to be the consensus over on Reddit.

This is the first time it's really been a viable option. Like, I wouldn't go grind up AGL Friezas to raise the SA on one of the other 1st forms. Or spend medals awakening N or R Yamcha or Androids to level up SRs.

If you're insane you can dokkan a TEQ Goku to try to raise the SA on PHY SSJ Goku, too. People have actually advocated this on Reddit. More reasonable people have pointed out that it's hundreds of medals and tons of Zeni for a 50‰ shot at best. For PHY SSG Goku.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

What an awesome suggestion about using the TEQ Goku Echophonic. At least I was able to get a few Senzu Beans out of the run.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Fixing to max one of these suckers - then I can Dokkan Goku and work on the non-Dokkaned version to max him too.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

When you Dokkan Train Anywhere Goku into New Challenges SS Goku, he loses the Turtle School link :negative:

Between the two SS Gokus that I have - New Challenges and Legendary Super Saiyan, which one would be better for my Super Saiyan/Kamehameha teams? NC for the regen? Or LSS for the overall higher stats?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Keep in mind that LSS has a 5 ki threshold for full damage. That's a detriment worth considering. I'd say they're otherwise pretty similar and I'd use them based on type advantage or whatever type is missing on said team.

On the subject, I'm glad PHY SSJ Goku has a dokkan, that card is the embodiment of mediocre PHY offense. I'd definitely be interested in seeing what a SSG Goku/SSJ Goku/Vegeta/Teen Gohan/Adult Gohan team could do, though. Assuming I get a second SSJ Goku, of course.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 8, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Keep in mind that LSS has a 5 ki threshold for full damage. That's a detriment worth considering. I'd say they're otherwise pretty similar and I'd use them based on type advantage or whatever type is missing on said team.

Hmm, when you put it that way, I should probably go with NC Goku. I've got Majin Vegeta and Master Roshi representing TEQ on their teams, meanwhile, the event SSGSS Goku is my only INT for the same two teams. Could probably use some more INT love.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh hey, free stones for an announcement revision, which I'm assuming is the info about only getting 3 Train Anywhere Gokus.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I didn't realize that the old epic battle on z-hard gives you a Teq Goku, so I ran every stage of the new epic battle and only got at best awakening medals. :v:

Once I tried the old one I was pleasantly surprised that it was a guaranteed drop! Already up to Super Level 6 on Train Anywhere :D

I figure I may as well farm up another set to make a SL 10 Angel goku, and maybe awaken that into SS Goku. I never bothered before.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Once I tried the old one I was pleasantly surprised that it was a guaranteed drop! Already up to Super Level 6 on Train Anywhere :D

Guaranteed and sometimes a 2 or 3 drop!

I'm working now on building up awakening medals and hopefully some of the new items for future awakenings and fights.

I stocked up on those Resurrection F items for the LR fights coming up in the next 6 months.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I really really hate that the last file during the data download after an app update always always errors out on me and I basically have to sit and pray it works eventually

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

Guaranteed and sometimes a 2 or 3 drop!

I'm working now on building up awakening medals and hopefully some of the new items for future awakenings and fights.

I stocked up on those Resurrection F items for the LR fights coming up in the next 6 months.

I'm mostly just grinding zeni for all the awakenings I have on deck. Need to do SSG Goku, Whis, the Dokkan and Z for PHY SSJ/SSG Goku, and the Z for INT SSJ Goku.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I didn't realize that the old epic battle on z-hard gives you a Teq Goku, so I ran every stage of the new epic battle and only got at best awakening medals. :v:

I figure I may as well farm up another set to make a SL 10 Angel goku, and maybe awaken that into SS Goku. I never bothered before.

I don't know that I'd use TEQ SSJ Goku in my SSJ team, but he's a good fit for my TEQ team. Works really well with TEQ SSJ2 Goku.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I'm mostly just grinding zeni for all the awakenings I have on deck. Need to do SSG Goku, Whis, the Dokkan and Z for PHY SSJ/SSG Goku, and the Z for INT SSJ Goku.

I don't know that I'd use TEQ SSJ Goku in my SSJ team, but he's a good fit for my TEQ team. Works really well with TEQ SSJ2 Goku.

If anything this is a decent way to farm SL chances for other Gokus on my team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I really hope we get the Trading Post soon. I could really stand to get something more useful than a bit of XP for all these excess SRs.

Also a little miffed I haven't managed a second PHY SSJ Goku but I'm up to like 5 Mr. Buus. SSG PHY Goku will do, though. Makes SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Adult Gohan significantly better.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 9, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Working on awakening that stupid SSR STR Beerus. And grinding out medals for each stage, so if I get a drop later on for another character I can awaken easily.

Other than that, it's maxing out R and SR characters. Which I'm finding my friend points getting desperately low.

SSR STR Beerus gives me a helluva BoG group for the next tournament, super excited to run them.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Man I just had the best 2 multirolls, the first one gave me the STR Beerus and a bunch of SRs and the second gave me AGI SSJ2 Goku with loving 3 of the PHY SSJ Gokus. Looks like I'm getting that UR Super Saiyan God Goku after all!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I really hope we get Snake Way this weekend, the missing Supreme Kai is sucking away all my will to play this game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Double SSG PHY Goku is fun. My SA8 SSJ PHY Adult Gohan just did 128k damage to Hercule. It was 101k before modifiers.

Also, did question mark spaces always have a chance to give you 30k zeni on the Hercule challenge levels? I don't remember that happening before.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I really miss Top-Level Training, because I am impatient in leveling my team and got tired of running "Enter the Savior" on hard since apparently it's the best XP to stamina investment, but it was much too slow. I just used a lot of upper level training items (which are now running low), a lot of level 1 fodder (have no Gregories and even my Gero's are running low, but I still have 400 Bubbles) to get SSJ Goku TEQ, SSG PHY, and Super Buu TEQ to 100, and a couple of other characters to 80. And yet I still have 32 million Zeni.

I also like how I can run a team full of 5 Super Sayian Gokus. (SSJ3 STR, SSJ2 AGL, SSJ TEQ, SSG PHY, and SSGSS INT) . INT seems the weakest since I don't think there's a base SSR INT SSGoku. AGL could also be improved if I had a SSGSS AGL, switching TEQ to SSJ2 TEQ, and SSJ INT. For the 6th I've chosen SSGSS Vegeta STR (apparently his stats are all better even SSJ3 Goku. Of course no 70% boost when above 50%).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Pulled SSR SSG Goku, not the Dokkan one but the natural one. How good is this guy? Would he replace SSJ Bardock as my rainbow team leader?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Pulled SSR SSG Goku, not the Dokkan one but the natural one. How good is this guy? Would he replace SSJ Bardock as my rainbow team leader?

Literally the best card in the game.

Pulled a TEQ Cooler in a single pull (still no PHY SSJ Goku), which puts me at 6 TEQ SSR, 3 AGL, 5 STR and no INT/PHY

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, AGL SSG Goku is a monster. He's got the same issues that the SSGSS cards have in that they're really dependent on being able to throw supers, but he's got the links to do it, specifically Over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Over in a Flash relies a lot on having specific SSRs, whereas Shocking Speed has some F2P-available members in Pikkon and AGL Final Form Frieza.

On that subject, I'm trying to decide if Horror from Hell Frieza (SSR TEQ) is worth awakening for a Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash team. Anyone used him? I know he's got a pretty impressive attack score with his passive, but he otherwise doesn't have a lot of synergy.

Oh yeah, apparently there's an account security issue going around with people using info from screenshots to hijack accounts. Might be wise to delete or edit any screenshots you've uploaded with your info bar showing, like boxes and such.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 10, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

Oh yeah, apparently there's an account security issue going around with people using info from screenshots to hijack accounts. Might be wise to delete or edit any screenshots you've uploaded with your info bar showing, like boxes and such.

That sucks, I'd hate to lose my account with all the money/time I've spent on it. I went and edited any posts that had images/quoted images in them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I want SSGSS Vegeta to be useful, but a super-driven character with no ki support is a wreck. I added AGL Max Power Roshi to my SS/OiaF team and he's super good, but Vegeta is just raw attack and no support for anyone else. All the SSGSS cards have such crummy links for their super gimmick.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

but Vegeta is just raw attack and no support for anyone else

That's Vegeta alright.

It seems all daily medals events are open during this week.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Petiso posted:

That's Vegeta alright.

That might finally push me to awaken all the 21301419 SR/SSR wasting away in my box

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

That's Vegeta alright.

Fair point, I suppose.

They should have left Hercule's event open, too, so I can actually afford to use the medals.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Maintenance tonight - wonder what's going to be changed?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hopefully it's the Trading Post. Also could be the stuff for the next tournament?

Finally got a second SSJ PHY Goku. I don't know that he's as good as Good Buu or SR Perfect Cell, but I'm thinking SSG Goku, SR Perfect Cell, and SSJ Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Teen Gohan, and Goku should be a pretty drat good PHY team.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I also hope it is the trading post, lately I've been having more trouble collecting broze awakening medals than the usual Gregories/Bubbles.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, same. I never have bronzes. Having to use them 10 or 20 at a time and getting maybe 3 if you're lucky for certain types (INT :argh: ) makes them a real pain in the rear end.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

How does the trading post work and what goodies will we get from it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

How does the trading post work and what goodies will we get from it?

You cash in stuff (cards, medals, items(?))for points that you can then spend on other things, mostly medals and items as far as I know. Dokkan and event medals show up occasionally, too.

Also, apparently there's a banner someone data-mined that makes it look like there's new stages being added to the BoG event. It says "high character EXP stage added". :getin: There's a new Villians rare pull banner, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 11, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Ready for that high character EXP to fill up all my new characters.

Also got a new giftcard - that's going to Dokkan dokkan dokkan

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I hope the training stage is more like Top-Level Training, and not like the stage where you fought SSGSS Vegeta and Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Cozz posted:

not like the stage where you fought SSGSS Vegeta and Goku.

Yeah that stage sucked because in order to beat them I needed my characters to be fully leveled already.

I got a bunch of SR and SSRs from that 20 stone multipull, hope I can use this level them up.