Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
FCAs president says they're seriously considering a Wrangler based pickup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Top Hats Monthly posted:

That would be awesome and good.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I'll go check it out tomorrow,if it exists. The Honda stand is pretty barren right now.

The live reveal was today, should be there somewhere. Dunno if you have to be press or not or whatever.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-honda-ridgeline-is-all-the-truck-a-normal-person-wi-1752299551

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Didn't AMC make a Wrangler pickup?

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hasn't Chrysler been teasing us with Wrangler pickup concepts for years? They'll do it again just in time for the company to go bankrupt or be bought by some Chinese cell phone manufacturer.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

PT6A posted:

That would be awesome and good.

Agreed. The kit ones, especially that Brute one, look like factory products already.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dreesemonkey posted:

The live reveal was today, should be there somewhere. Dunno if you have to be press or not or whatever.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-honda-ridgeline-is-all-the-truck-a-normal-person-wi-1752299551

Ah, the Pilot Sport Trac edition. At least it's got a separate (replaceable) bed this time.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

I dunno, I just stood beside and sat in both and there's not much between them.

Trunk is definitely bigger on a Bolt, and it's a proper five-seater with actual rear doors compared to the i3 which only seats four and has those little suicide doors. I spent over a week with an i3 for our review and about 45 min with the Bolt last week.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Doesn't Ford have a new modular platform under werks; one of them fwd/awd/rwd choose your adventure ones for the next gen Fusion, Taurus (rip) and whatever?

Or was that just a drunken figment?

Edit: Other stuff

A smaller Caddy? - Eh, could be cool. ATS isn't exactly large inside as is, though.

I like a lot about Cadillac right now, but every time I sit in one it doesn't feel worth the price. Wish the interior team was 50% as good as the engineers, or at least coherent.

E^2: Random old man yelling at clouds moment: I wish there were less 'take it or leave it' trims and more 'a la carte' building of cars. :corsair:

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 12, 2016

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That one is only going in the SVT Raptor and Ford GT I think, the latter might be more likely, when Lincoln releases it's icy grip.

Pretty sure the GT and Raptor engines aren't exactly the same since the GT uses a block sourced from Roush Racing.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

dreesemonkey posted:

This looks nice. I wonder what kind of mpg it will get.

E: just realized that asking what the mpg of a truck is probably makes me the exact demographic this thing is for, lmao

moon demon fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 12, 2016

nuclear_cheetos
Apr 22, 2005

mmmmmmmm......cheesy!
I had initially planned on getting an ND Miata between March and September but the Camaro SS is starting to look better and better even if I really don't dig the exterior. Aside from Kraftwerk have any of you guys had any experiences yet?

More specifically, the press blitz surrounding the car with the completely out of the blue MT Car off the Year seems kind of sketchy; is the precedent for this kind of thing?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

dreesemonkey posted:

Yeah I remember the reveal, but walked past because I didn't really care about Honda products. I'll go check it out tomorrow for you.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
That kia looks like a mobile asian massage parlor. Can we combine uber with happy endings?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

nuclear_cheetos posted:

I had initially planned on getting an ND Miata between March and September but the Camaro SS is starting to look better and better even if I really don't dig the exterior.

Out of every drat car in the show, there's only two cars which stand out, that I would actually consider owning, and those are the ND Miata and the Camaro. I love the new Camaro, it just looks and feels right for me. However I kinda get the same feeling in the Miata. Both of those are the only cars which felt 'right' to me. Go test drive them both? I'm sure they drive very differently.

The Camaros dash air vents are just :3:.

The Camaro exterior looks great in the flesh. I'm totally sold on that car, and if they sold a RHD version in the UK, and it didn't drive like a piece of poo poo, I would buy it immediately :toxx:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Yeah cause when I think Camaro I think :3:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

For a Camaro it's pretty drat :3:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

nuclear_cheetos posted:

More specifically, the press blitz surrounding the car with the completely out of the blue MT Car off the Year seems kind of sketchy; is the precedent for this kind of thing?

The previous generation Camaro has been a generally solid, reliable car, with the only real problem being the hideous lack of visibility.

Expect the same from the new generation.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

nuclear_cheetos posted:

I had initially planned on getting an ND Miata between March and September but the Camaro SS is starting to look better and better even if I really don't dig the exterior. Aside from Kraftwerk have any of you guys had any experiences yet?

the precedent is that trucks made from COLD ROLLED STEEL LIKE US SUBMARINES AND FREEDOM brought loads of cash to MT, just like usual.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wheeee posted:

The previous generation Camaro has been a generally solid, reliable car, with the only real problem being the hideous lack of visibility.

Expect the same from the new generation.

Looks better in every way, except outward. :v:

Everyone in this thread looked at the Fusion sport and thought '...stick?'

Everyone

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

El Scotch posted:

Looks better in every way, except outward. :v:

Everyone in this thread looked at the Fusion sport and thought '...stick?'

Everyone

I'm going to be cross comparing it with the Chevy SS in Stick. I'm expecting to pay about a 3-4K premium for that on the SS.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Yeah I remember the reveal, but walked past because I didn't really care about Honda products. I'll go check it out tomorrow for you.

You don't need to make a special trip for me, some more photos have surfaced online.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2017-honda-ridgeline/#slide-3765430

All in all I think it looks like a winner. Truck looks, decent utility. Sure stomps the hell out of the Frontier, at least. I don't see it being a big deal it's FWD/AWD, looks like a great all around midweight truck.

That said, being in the market for a truck in ~2 years, I'd probably still buy a fullsize. I don't have space/parking restraints and it wouldn't be my daily driver so getting ~5 less MPG isn't going to be an issue for me personally. They'll also cost way too close to the same so bang for your buck goes to the fullsize, IMO.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The new Ridgeline is really the perfect truck for 90% of people who want a truck. So of course it will sell like poo poo.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Enourmo posted:

Ah, the Pilot Sport Trac edition. At least it's got a separate (replaceable) bed this time.
Isn't that basically an odyssey with the back half of the roof chopped off?

Its the truck version of a CUV. All of the look of the real thing (SUV) with none of the actual ability of a real thing (tow, haul, off-road, survive driving over a curb...).

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

I took some pictures sitting in the back of it. Legroom is ok, I couldn't move the seats forward on this example, so it was somewhat cramped in the back. Looks like it would be fine in real life.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

IOwnCalculus posted:

The new Ridgeline is really the perfect truck for 90% of people who want a truck. So of course it will sell like poo poo.

Probably because Honda will kindly do the needful and overprice the poo poo out of it.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

BloodBag posted:

Probably because Honda will kindly do the needful and overprice the poo poo out of it.

If they don't do that, I will take a good hard look at this in 2018. My wife is already excited about the "place to put my purse while we hike" in the bedtrunk.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

If they don't do that, I will take a good hard look at this in 2018. My wife is already excited about the "place to put my purse while we hike" in the bedtrunk.

I would also look at it. Going from a subaru wagon with awd to a nice little honda truck with awd is an easy sell to the wife, particularly for the art festival stuff. Granted, the only thing I need to make more room in the hatch is a set of roof bars to strap the ez-up onto.*Roof bars and headgasket leaks it is!*

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

BloodBag posted:

This, right here.

If they can't price it in the same range of lower end trucks, people are just going to buy trucks.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BloodBag posted:

Also probably true. Or at the least they won't offer a proper base trim and will justify the price by pointing to how it's already loaded.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

BloodBag posted:

I would also look at it. Going from a subaru wagon with awd to a nice little honda truck with awd is an easy sell to the wife, particularly for the art festival stuff. Granted, the only thing I need to make more room in the hatch is a set of roof bars to strap the ez-up onto.*Roof bars and headgasket leaks it is!*

If you think that's an easy sell, imagine going to that truck from this trunk:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Any notice on the new Frontier concept the bottom of the windshield seems several inches higher than the beltline of the side windows? Making the hood harder to see over, etc.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Here's the new continental. the design does nothing for me, but the interior and door handles strike the right chords. Will definitely buy for $9,000 in 3 years. I would imagine those seats are going to be $15,000 a piece in ford's parts system, so even auto wreckers are going to want $7500

quote:

One highlight is Lincoln’s new Perfect Position Seats – inspired by private jets and high-end office furniture – that can be adjusted up to 30 ways. The patented design allows the seat to adjust to an individual’s body shape and weight for optimal stretch and comfort. Available features of these seats include massage, heat and cooling; and independent thigh extensions to provide support.

Rear passengers can enjoy first-class travel amenities, too, with such available features as audio and climate controls, sunshades, and reclining, heated, cooled and massaging seats. The streamlined interior provides generous rear legroom.

mmm, independent thigh extensions.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

El Scotch posted:

A smaller Caddy? - Eh, could be cool. ATS isn't exactly large inside as is, though.

I like a lot about Cadillac right now, but every time I sit in one it doesn't feel worth the price. Wish the interior team was 50% as good as the engineers, or at least coherent.

E^2: Random old man yelling at clouds moment: I wish there were less 'take it or leave it' trims and more 'a la carte' building of cars. :corsair:

The rebirth of the Kappa platform?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

You know what would be nice? Like a little gel pad that goes under your heel for when you've got your foot on the gas/brake. I can be comfortable as ever in a car seat, but while driving, my right heel gets all sore in traffic sometimes. I mean it's the firstiest of first world problems, but if they're doing independant thigh bolsters, why not throw a gel pad on the floor?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BloodBag posted:

You know what would be nice? Like a little gel pad that goes under your heel for when you've got your foot on the gas/brake. I can be comfortable as ever in a car seat, but while driving, my right heel gets all sore in traffic sometimes. I mean it's the firstiest of first world problems, but if they're doing independant thigh bolsters, why not throw a gel pad on the floor?

Most of my cars actually have a nice hole worn through the floormat where my heel naturally rests.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

Here's the new continental.

Can someone tell me what is up with this steering wheel? Why does it need wood where the 6 o'clock hole should be? Does this provide a benefit, or is it merely for aesthetics? Seems to me like leaving a hole would give the driver another place to grab onto when executing low speed turns (say, in a parking lot).

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Can someone tell me what is up with this steering wheel? Why does it need wood where the 6 o'clock hole should be? Does this provide a benefit, or is it merely for aesthetics? Seems to me like leaving a hole would give the driver another place to grab onto when executing low speed turns (say, in a parking lot).

Because they want to cram some wood on there and it's better than the alternative of the half-wooden wheel rim like on some old Lexuses i guess?

I mean plenty of cars have 3 spoke wheels and it's fine. You could also look at it as a design exercise to try to split the difference between 3 and 4 spoke wheels.

That 2-tone leather on the wheel looks pretty dumb too.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

This should be standard. Even numbered spoke supremacy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BloodBag posted:

Rolls Royce actually has exactly this. They have these really nice, soft leather pillows that go under the pedals. They also have the most comfortable, soft shag carpeting I've ever felt in any car.