Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
look, a lot of people go through a nazi phase in their life

well nazi anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bowie recanted on his right-wing views that he went through when he was doped out of his mind in Berlin.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Don't do drugs, kids. You'll say stupid poo poo that will haunt your life forever.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

David Bowie was pretty good in Dune

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

David Bowie was pretty good in Dune

This troll stung.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Amoeba102 posted:

David bowie the famous racist married to Iman.

yeah with his half-Jewish brother and and songs about anti-imperialism and anti-fascism

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you say hitler was good one time and all of a sudden your being cyberbullied after your death

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is the first time i feel like political correctness really has gone mad!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

I will not be playing any david bowie since I don't have any feelings for him either way but maybe someone else will and I will learn what I have missed?

this is why i avoid dubtrack, i assume i'm being trolled when your music tastes are actually that mediocre!!

JakeP posted:

i mean that tweet is kind of dumb, humans weren't alive for billions of years, so really it makes it way more likely that a person would be alive at the same time as david bowie than that twitter post makes it seem. There are more factors as well, like changes in population but I don't need to go into those

but was david bowie a gmo????

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Even if Bowie was the zodiac killer I'd still be sad he died because his art was incredible

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ehh i'm going to avoid the whole was he a good/bad person debate because it's reductive and asinine as poo poo. how you feel about someone, and who they are as a person are two separate things.

that said david bowie's music has had a weird effect on me my entire life. i'm actively someone different when i'm listening to his music and the best word i can find to describe it is 'adultlike'. his music is calming, exploratory, and friendly all at once, and the fact that the last song he gave us to listen to (I can't give everything away) is one of the best songs i've ever heard (right up there with Tupac's Life Goes On and Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine for me) is absolutely amazing. he was an artist right to the very last second any of us could have known him, and he entertained throughout.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

He was a good back up singer to Freddie Mercury in Queen's Under Pressure.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He actually ghost sang all of mercury's verses in everything

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

He was a good back up singer to Freddie Mercury in Queen's Under Pressure.

YOUR WORDS CAN'T HURT ME TWICE, KEANE

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my friend enlightened me:

"david bowie released is album four days before his 'death'"
"the single on it is lazarus"
"lazarus is the guy who revived four days after dying"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

YOUR WORDS CAN'T HURT ME TWICE, KEANE

I don't know how this is a hurtful thing to say. Performing alongside Freddie Mercury is an honor.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie. posted:

ehh i'm going to avoid the whole was he a good/bad person debate because it's reductive and asinine as poo poo. how you feel about someone, and who they are as a person are two separate things.

that said david bowie's music has had a weird effect on me my entire life. i'm actively someone different when i'm listening to his music and the best word i can find to describe it is 'adultlike'. his music is calming, exploratory, and friendly all at once, and the fact that the last song he gave us to listen to (I can't give everything away) is one of the best songs i've ever heard (right up there with Tupac's Life Goes On and Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine for me) is absolutely amazing. he was an artist right to the very last second any of us could have known him, and he entertained throughout.

Really? Welcome to the Machine? I mean it's good, but it's not even top two from that album for me. It's my favourite floyd album

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bowie's cover of that Nirvana song was pretty good.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

Bowie's cover of that Nirvana song was pretty good.

I think you'll find it's actually a Midge Ure song.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol, Ernie I hadn't checked out Blackstar yet, so I thought you were just avoiding spoilers.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Really? Welcome to the Machine? I mean it's good, but it's not even top two from that album for me. It's my favourite floyd album

Part of it is I heard like 800 versions of that song as covers, karaoke, samples etc. When I heard the original it sort of fit into a 'timeless' and 'definitive' space in my head, and I haven't stopped loving it since.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Lol, Ernie I hadn't checked out Blackstar yet, so I thought you were just avoiding spoilers.

haha just read it with that in mind, my sentence is perfect as is

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wonder if he ended his own life.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

There's only technically 5 songs on that album!

But "Wish You Were Here" is my favorite song.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's why I said top two, and mainly because the top two was clearer, Shine on then Wish you were here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

That's why I said top two, and mainly because the top two was clearer, Shine on then Wish you were here.

Actually, technically I guess there are only 4 songs because Shine On is really one song.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, I treat it as one because I listened to a different version that was shortened and a single piece first. You could think of it as a reprise, which would be a different song I guess.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll say this for Bowie: He makes a good knife.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When you're that sharp a dresser, you can cut anything.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

When you're that sharp a dresser, you can cut anything.

Believe me, I know, I'm extremely Keane.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deshaun Watson is channeling 2005 Vince Young

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

Believe me, I know, I'm extremely Keane.

##shoot Keane

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Deshaun Watson is channeling 2005 Vince Young

Not quite, but that was fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We need to start an SA policy where we don't D1 lynch good players :colbert:

...Someone start up a game.

Meinberg posted:

Don't do drugs, kids. You'll say stupid poo poo that will haunt your life forever.

So this is the explanation for your posts!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rarity posted:

Just don't let good players into games and the problem will fix itself. :eng101:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rarity posted:

...Someone start up a game.

Lynched D1 buddies :hfive:

Let's go start our own club bc we're awesome.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wolfies only

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

So this is the explanation for your posts!

Hey, I'm not on drug. I'm high on life!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Hmm, I can't think of a recent example of this so it's possible this issue sorted itself out