Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't really get down with Objection 2013. The instrumentation of most of DD's soundtrack just doesn't work for me. It's missing the digital kick the original games had, and isn't quite as charmingly bombastic as some of the instrumental covers. I mean, it's ok, but it's not as memorable to me as any of the original 3 games' score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

For an inverse opinion, I think Keep Pressing On is the absolute hypest.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
For all its faults, PLvsAA had a really, really good Cornered theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYg0J2rE0Aw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dual Destinies Apollo Justice is a close second though, this theme is so loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DzMXSupHM

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Baal posted:

Dual Destinies Apollo Justice is a close second though, this theme is so loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DzMXSupHM

That's because it's carrying over the style of his game, which regardless of its other failings had a great soundtrack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Why do people give Phoenix poo poo for having spiky hair but Athena can waltz into the courtroom with a side-ponytail the size of her torso and a giant hair crescent moon on her forehead and no one says a drat thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, Phoenix's troubles came back when the series was more grounded. The way the kids were doing it just got more anime as time went on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Why do people give Phoenix poo poo for having spiky hair but Athena can waltz into the courtroom with a side-ponytail the size of her torso and a giant hair crescent moon on her forehead and no one says a drat thing

because she's cute

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

because she's cute

So is Nick!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The law has only gotten more anime; when it's time for Apollo and Athena's proteges to start their practice, everyone in court will be a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Phoenix's troubles came back when the series was more grounded. The way the kids were doing it just got more anime as time went on.

Remember when Maya's hair and clothes were considered so unusual it was actually part of the trial?

Fast forward to a girl wearing a cardboard box in a court of law.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Remember when Maya's hair and clothes were considered so unusual it was actually part of the trial?

Fast forward to a girl wearing a cardboard box in a court of law.

"We can't let this child have a camera in the courtroom!"

Cut to about 9 years later

"We'll let this man have his Segway on the stand."

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like Courtroom Revolutionnaire a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YF5kO5_oHw

It reminds me of a magical girl theme.

Funky Valentine posted:

The law has only gotten more anime; when it's time for Apollo and Athena's proteges to start their practice, everyone in court will be a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character.
The second coming of Sherlock Holmes is here.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

I like to imagine that the only reason the witnesses in Phoenix/Apollo/Athena's cases get to bring in special stuff is because the Judge at this point recognizes that the job is much easier when the witnesses bring their own evidence to incriminate themselves with.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Ahem. It is a GREAT BATTLESHIP of JUSTICE whose glory shall be passed down through the ages as an undying symbol of greatness!

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Suspicious Cook posted:

For all its faults, PLvsAA had a really, really good Cornered theme:

I like basically all of the AA in that game, it just... doesn't mesh with the Layton as well as you would hope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"A spirit medium? That's weird!"

A decade later

"Ah yes, youkai. I know those."

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

nftyw posted:

Ahem. It is a GREAT BATTLESHIP of JUSTICE whose glory shall be passed down through the ages as an undying symbol of greatness!

Cosmos is such a blatant play on elderly anime spaceship captains right down to his cap covering one eye, it's great.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 12, 2016

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

A decade later

And yet they STILL fall for the whole "the victim wrote the attacker's name in blood!" trick.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Godot has a weird scifi visor.

"Huh."

Blackquill moves his hand fast.

"AAAH WHAT THE gently caress"

That one went backward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I loving love these dumbass games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Countblanc posted:

So is Nick!

Umm...

Waffleman_ posted:

A decade later

The weird part was that it turned out real yokai were not involved in the case whatsoever.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
The piano version of Apollo's objection theme owns, and is IMO better than the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznMi0VqOBY

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Godot has a weird scifi visor.

"Huh."

Blackquill moves his hand fast.

"AAAH WHAT THE gently caress"

That one went backward.

And only a year or so after Klavier was playing real music on air guitar!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Waffleman_ posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The weird part was that it turned out real yokai were not involved in the case whatsoever.

That would just be unrealistic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I can't wait for Ema to show up in AAI6

E: I just looked at the popularity poll they did in 2013 and why is she in 17th place. Why the gently caress is Luke Atmey higher.

Why the gently caress is Oldbag higher.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheKingofSprings posted:

It would be kind of sad if she's even more bitter and jaded or they if pull a Turnabout Sisters on her.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: I just looked at the popularity poll they did in 2013 and why is she in 17th place.

Because she was horrible in Apollo Justice.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: I just looked at the popularity poll they did in 2013 and why is she in 17th place. Why the gently caress is Luke Atmey higher.

Anything below like 10th place is still solidly in the joke vote range.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mirificus posted:

It would be kind of sad if she's even more bitter and jaded or they if pull a Turnabout Sisters on her.

She was bitter and jaded for like 5 minutes in case 2 and that was about it.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the Japanifornia thing so much and I hope the Japanese developers continue forcing the localization team to push the setting further and further.

Actually I hope they bring over Dai Gyakuten Saiban and set that one in America too because gently caress it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

That would just be unrealistic.

It messed me up so good. I started with DD so when I finally got the Trilogy and was starting off I kept thinking "well, yokai aren't real, and ridiculous as the cases are I didn't see anything straight up supernatural, so I wonder how deep we'll go into this whole medium thing, will they subtly imply it works?" and then Maya gets loving possessed by Mia and her body matches the dead lady and she just mentors from beyond the grave whenever. It's the best.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It messed me up so good. I started with DD so when I finally got the Trilogy and was starting off I kept thinking "well, yokai aren't real, and ridiculous as the cases are I didn't see anything straight up supernatural, so I wonder how deep we'll go into this whole medium thing, will they subtly imply it works?" and then Maya gets loving possessed by Mia and her body matches the dead lady and she just mentors from beyond the grave whenever. It's the best.

I got messed up the opposite way going into DD. "Well, Yokai aren't real but my assistant also got possessed every loving case in the first three and the guy I'm playing as has magic eyes so who honestly knows???"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

I got messed up the opposite way going into DD. "Well, Yokai aren't real but my assistant also got possessed every loving case in the first three and the guy I'm playing as has magic eyes so who honestly knows???"

You can't have magic be responsible for murder, dummy.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

They both have intense presence and charisma! Or in Oldbag's case, just presence. Lots of it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

You can't have magic be responsible for murder, dummy.

A murder happened in case 3-5 because of magic so I'm pretty sure that rule's either been out the window forever or was never in play

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to know who was eligible for the poll, because I'm kinda surprised the parrot, Missile, and Shu Takumi didn't place.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Someone is gonna just straight up fire a magic missile and murder a guy one day and people aren't gonna know what the gently caress to do about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

A murder happened in case 3-5 because of magic so I'm pretty sure that rule's either been out the window forever or was never in play

Well, poo poo.

• Locked thread