Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Crosspost from the schadenfreude thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

20 minutes of russian roadside rescues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhYClLfWI8

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Jan 10, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Azhais posted:

Crosspost from the schadenfreude thread

It's so funny to think that monitors are so clear now that animals can see them just as good as we do. The old tube TV had such a low refresh rate that even dogs wouldn't see much.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Inzombiac posted:

It's so funny to think that monitors are so clear now that animals can see them just as good as we do. The old tube TV had such a low refresh rate that even dogs wouldn't see much.

:unsmith: I remember when our old Scottish Terrier broke the DVD player because she saw some sheep on TV and tried to knock over the screen. What a scamp.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

A little help?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I really want one of those weird cats.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzF_f61K67s

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm gonna need a whole lotta cute today you guys. I imagine a lot of people will. :smith:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Crosspost from PYF Funny Pictures:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm in kind of a supremely bad mood, so I'll just be dumping stuff for a while. :smith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm in kind of a supremely bad mood, so I'll just be dumping stuff for a while. :smith:

You can't fool me, these are just guys in lizard suits!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
https://www.facebook.com/stickyfrogs/videos/763195007144444/

This is what happens when you push a frog TOO FAR! :3:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I recently discovered that the Demolition Ranch guy is also a vet who does videos about his animal rescues. Some are gross (think injury close-ups and surgery footage) but most are uplifting. This one, which involves a dog having twelve puppies, is just straight-up adorable, no gross at all. Bonus: Cute kids squeeing over the pile of puppies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1287Em03M

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit: pretend there's a picture of a desert rain frog.

The gooniest amphibian.

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jan 12, 2016

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Scathach posted:

I really want one of those weird cats.

I really want one of those weird lizards.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dragonwagon posted:

I really want one of those weird lizards.

I did a double-take thinking that was my cat for a moment there.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Purrpetual motion.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Just wanted to share a nice, cute, picture of my kitchen:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chili posted:

Hmm...canned oranges, canola oil, Butterscotch, ramen...looks about right to me.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Hmm...canned oranges, canola oil, Butterscotch, ramen...looks about right to me.

It's his little place :3:

I'm considering putting a cat bed in there and just removing the doors.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chili posted:

It's his little place :3:

I'm considering putting a cat bed in there and just removing the doors.

So what was the deciding factor in adopting him for good? Hopefully it wasn't peer pressure from the Internet's desire to see endless Butterscotch pics. :v:

BTW he still has the biggest "Can you not?" look ever. It's the best cat face I've ever seen, and I'm not even a cat person.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Jesus Christ, wanna smoosh my face against that Butter. You must post a video of someone smooshing their face directly into the Butterscotch floof! Ahhhh~

Also, love the idea of him owning the cabinet. Butterscotch is Cabinet King!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Chili posted:

Storing a lot of butter for the winter, I see.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I told my boyfriend and his mom about this thread and Butterscotch, and they exclaimed in unison, "We had a Butterscotch!"

"He weighed about that much, too," his mom added.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

pookel posted:

I told my boyfriend and his mom about this thread and Butterscotch, and they exclaimed in unison, "We had a Butterscotch!"

"He weighed about that much, too," his mom added.
are there pictures?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

HEY GAL posted:

are there pictures?
I have been asking, but they didn't have any handy. If I manage to find them I'll post them, for a Butterscotch comparison.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

So what was the deciding factor in adopting him for good? Hopefully it wasn't peer pressure from the Internet's desire to see endless Butterscotch pics. :v:

We didn't succumb to the pressure from you lovely goons.

We really always wanted to keep him, it was just a matter of ensuring that we could do our absolute best for him. Butterscotch is relatively high maintenance.

He is in fact, adorable and lovely, but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you all don't see.

A prime example of this are his poops. What's wrong with his poops you ask? Well, we have yet to find the exact right litter box to accommodate his size. They're all too small. What that means is that he goes in them and tries his damnedest to keep the litter in the box, but about half the time he ends up dropping little nuggets right over the edge.

So, go bigger right? Well you can't go too big, cause if you go too big then he can't clear the ledge and he can catch his back feet on it... which can flip the litter box. There's a sweet spot, and hopefully we'll find it soon.

Then of course there's the expensive food, the inevitable health problems down the line, the fact that he needs daily brushing/grooming 'cos he can't quite take care of himself, and that he treats the hours before mealtime as a cat opera.

To be clear, I am not complaining, just outlining our thought process. There were so many reasons for us to not keep Butterscotch.

There was, of course, the one reason to keep him. We love him.

He is 100% worth all the hassle because not only is his likeness a wonder-of-the-world, but he is so incredibly sweet. In reality, both my fiancee and I are dog people but we don't have the time and resources for a dog right now. Butterscotch is about as close as you get to a dog. He sits in our laps, sleeps in our bed, and he's incredibly friendly and approachable to all of the guests we have over.

So yeah:

Butterworth it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Butterscotch always looks so delightfully concerned in every picture, it's so great. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chili posted:

We didn't succumb to the pressure from you lovely goons.

We really always wanted to keep him, it was just a matter of ensuring that we could do our absolute best for him. Butterscotch is relatively high maintenance.

He is in fact, adorable and lovely, but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you all don't see.

A prime example of this are his poops. What's wrong with his poops you ask? Well, we have yet to find the exact right litter box to accommodate his size. They're all too small. What that means is that he goes in them and tries his damnedest to keep the litter in the box, but about half the time he ends up dropping little nuggets right over the edge.

So, go bigger right? Well you can't go too big, cause if you go too big then he can't clear the ledge and he can catch his back feet on it... which can flip the litter box. There's a sweet spot, and hopefully we'll find it soon.

Then of course there's the expensive food, the inevitable health problems down the line, the fact that he needs daily brushing/grooming 'cos he can't quite take care of himself, and that he treats the hours before mealtime as a cat opera.

To be clear, I am not complaining, just outlining our thought process. There were so many reasons for us to not keep Butterscotch.

There was, of course, the one reason to keep him. We love him.

He is 100% worth all the hassle because not only is his likeness a wonder-of-the-world, but he is so incredibly sweet. In reality, both my fiancee and I are dog people but we don't have the time and resources for a dog right now. Butterscotch is about as close as you get to a dog. He sits in our laps, sleeps in our bed, and he's incredibly friendly and approachable to all of the guests we have over.

So yeah:

Butterworth it.

Boy sure got dusty in my room all of a sudden. :unsmith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Cute pictures thread: Butterworth It!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Chili posted:

Have you tried one of these? : http://www.amazon.com/Clevercat-77000-Top-Entry-Litterbox/dp/B0002ZS20I

We have that for our cat, and not only does it help keep down smells and tracking AND is easy to clean, he just plain likes it better than a normal little box because it has more room.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Have you tried one of these? : http://www.amazon.com/Clevercat-77000-Top-Entry-Litterbox/dp/B0002ZS20I

We have that for our cat, and not only does it help keep down smells and tracking AND is easy to clean, he just plain likes it better than a normal little box because it has more room.

It's a good thought, and it's one I've had but I do worry about his ability to properly maneuver in and out of it. He has a surprisingly impressive vertical leap, but let's just say the it lacks a little bit of grace.

Chili has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Jan 12, 2016

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

We use something similar for our cats. Though I just bought a storage bin at Target and cut a hole in the lid. Don't think I spent more than $10 on it. Two cats took right to it, two didn't. Some litter still ends up on the floor, but definitely cleaner.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, you could easily make one if you wanted, though I do like the litter-trapping texture at the top (works wonders). This worked for me because I got it during a Prim deal, and, I live in NYC, where hauling huge bulky storage containers from stores is an inconvenience.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Chili posted:

We had a large cat that would also dangle his butt off the side of the litter box to both pee and poop! I ended up buying a plastic storage bin and cutting an entrance on the side (used an electric jigsaw, then filed the edges smooth). It also prevents a lot of mess the idiot cats make when they kick to bury their poops.

khysanth has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Jan 12, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chili posted:

Just fill one of these with litter!

The pool, not the dog.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Chili posted:

It's a good thought, and it's one I've had but I do worry about his ability to properly maneuver in and out of it. He has a surprisingly vertical leap, but let's just say the it lacks a little bit of grace.

Remember there's less height to clear if there's litter in it. Which you might want a lot of anyway, so there aren't any tippy surprises. Source: a very dense (muscular, not dumb, therefore also heavy) cat using one of those. They're pretty good boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Azhais posted:

Just fill one of these with litter!

The pool, not the dog.

The right (wrong?) kind of dog will take care of those delicious cat pellets for you no problem!

• Locked thread