Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

goldblums eyes posted:

Random question to start conversation:

What's a game that came out in the last ~5 years you would like to realistically see the best friends LP, and who would you like to see LP the game?

Tales from the Borderlands, Pat/Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Baal posted:

This this this this

God I would love to see them do another Telltale game, one that is actually good and for once doesn't ride directly into the pits of extremely boring hades on the back of the premise of "your choices matterrrrrr".

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Normally I wouldn't add this conversation but listen to them Matt it's actually really good and makes you give a poo poo about Borderlands.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dexie posted:

This loving White Day conversation in part 3 of Naruto. :allears:

"Every day." is a strong and powerful line.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If we must suffer more Telltale, let it be that, don't do GoTS2 or WDS3.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Baal posted:

yes yes yes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pat, Matt, and Woolie should TOTALLY play through Omikron: The Nomad Soul, both in honor of David Bowie and to get another David Cage game onto the channel. :v:

Baal posted:

For real though THIS. Tales from the Borderlands has no right being as good as it is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would be down for Omikron but it's likely too much work to boot on a modern PC, as we'll see onGB UPF this week when Brad tries to install and run it on stream.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I remember one LPer I followed abandoned his after the game just randomly poo poo the bed and refused to run anymore

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

i think im going to watch that "kai" version of naruto shippuden

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

I would be down for Omikron but it's likely too much work to boot on a modern PC, as we'll see onGB UPF this week when Brad tries to install and run it on stream.

Interesting you mention that, I follow Videogamer.com on Youtube and they just did an Omikron video today. I didn't get to watch it so I don't know if it blew up on their faces halfway through, but it also kinda sorta worked.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Chipcheezum streamed Omikron for a couple hours and then just completely lost his save IIRC.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
oh my god todays synchronized rap in episode 18 of FFX, this LP is pure gold.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Also if Liam/Pat want anime Saving Private Ryan they should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's Goon ApprovedTM

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also if Liam/Pat want anime Saving Private Ryan they should check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's Goon ApprovedTM

I tried to get him to watch it a couple years ago (well a few of us did over on the old LL/ETI thread when he used to post there) and that made him double down on not wanting to watch it so that ship has probably sailed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rodyle posted:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't expect anyone but Liam to actually like Haruka's creepyass chapter but here we are.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Or watch episode one of the VOTOMS OVA series The Pailsen Files. Although that's just the beach of Normandy section, and it goes way south for everyone trying to storm said beach.

But it's still pretty loving great nonetheless.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

haruka's chapter owns, actually

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This grocery stuff is amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's something hilarious about Lulu using fira and nuking a enemy, only for a camera to spin around and show her passed out on the floor.

E: Also it's not mentioned but attack names in blue are things Khimari can learn with Lancet (When you target Basilisk for example it says "Watch out for it's [STONE GAZE]")

Also petrify is scary as poo poo in this game, if you get stoned and have the poo poo beat out of the statue there's a chance that the character will literally crumble into pieces and die forever

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 12, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I want a Metal Wolf 2 where Richard returns with the Russians on his side

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

hoobajoo posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to mind, with Pat and whoever playtested it when they were at Squeenix. Liam?

I tested Deus Ex for about 18 months. I think I have a good understanding about it.

Woolie and Liam barely had anything to do with it. :p

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matt have you (or Liam) seen Fate/Zero yet? I just started it today.

Also, where can I find the naruto spoilercast? Is it the most recent friendcast?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Matt have you (or Liam) seen Fate/Zero yet? I just started it today.

Also, where can I find the naruto spoilercast? Is it the most recent friendcast?
Matt won't have (why would he?), Liam probably has because he played FSN and likes Madoka, it doesn't exist.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also small FFX thing I may be mistaken on but Gatta or whatever that red shirts name that had his partner killed by Sin has had a sidequest the guys missed where I (think) he skips the Sin fight and becomes a chocobo farmer or something. I don't recall if it locks you out of anything though so EH

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Matt won't have (why would he?), Liam probably has because he played FSN and likes Madoka, it doesn't exist.

Yet.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I tested Deus Ex for about 18 months. I think I have a good understanding about it.

Woolie and Liam barely had anything to do with it. :p

That explains why it was good!

I was thinking the game was too recent for you to have worked on, but now that I think about it, that came out a good long while ago, didn't it? I feel old. You should totally do it though, the NMH LP was great in no small part to insider secrets.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

goldblums eyes posted:

What's a game that came out in the last ~5 years you would like to realistically see the best friends LP, and who would you like to see LP the game?

A Last Story LP with Matt and someone else would be sick

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Two Best Friends play Alpha Protocol, I know it's well-written but the rough gameplay is just too much for me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Aww were they talking about my fanart?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

goldblums eyes posted:

Pathologic HD.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Yakuza 5 has an astounding amount of characters underneath sheets

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Aww were they talking about my fanart?

Yeah, on the podcast:

goldblums eyes posted:

Kind of from left field, but Westerado: Double Barreled would be cool. The conversation system is really awesome. Being able to whip a shotgun out as a dialogue option, and then pull the hammer back as follow up is just...incredible. Don't like what they have to say? Shoot their loving face off mid-conversation! Being able to murder NPC's and watch the story and the world react is really cool. Game feel is superb especially on a controller. LB to draw, then cock your gun, LT to fire. The game has hidden mechanics in an Undertale sort of way. It's open world but can be completed in a couple of hours... I feel like almost any combo of the guys would have a lot to work with.

DPM fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 12, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Episode 126 of the cast made me realize something: matt has my favorite laugh ever, the muttley snicker/wheeze laugh. That poo poo always makes me laugh alongside it no matter the topic of discussion

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Someone tricked Woolie into watching an otome anime by comparing it to Mirror's Edge

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That Pat moment about chefs was one of those moments.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tae posted:

That Pat moment about chefs was one of those moments.

Aw dammit, did I miss another Patrick Boivin Is A Crazy Person moment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A Pat-tron does not understand human emotions moment.

Which still confuses me how that happened, as a guy that graduated for psych and love Evangelion/Silent Hill 2. The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

A Pat-tron does not understand human emotions moment.

Which still confuses me how that happened, as a guy that graduated for psych and love Evangelion/Silent Hill 2. The gently caress?

He understands most emotions, just not healthy ones.