Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

I powerfully don't care, there's a decent variety of fractals already.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

This is what Guild Wars 2 does to people. If we don't count them lazily reusing content from the temporary living story dungeons they've only added one new fractal. It's OK to expect new content. It's OK to want more.

Also, a lot of people have been doing fractals for way loving longer than just since HoT drop and have been playing the same maps for the last 2+ years. New maps is decent incentive for old-timers to start up again.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

This is what Guild Wars 2 does to people. If we don't count them lazily reusing content from the temporary living story dungeons they've only added one new fractal. It's OK to expect new content. It's OK to want more.

Of course I want more, but Anet has been the biggest loving disappointment with this game so I've given up hope. The much talked about WvW revamp now might not even enter beta until later this year now, lovely living story hype, a ridiculous amount of time between raid content for those who do that, PvP so boring that more people stream Kerbal Space Program, Your optimism is cute though bby :*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but for real though any time they bring up 'pro' pvp it's hard not to laugh and wonder why they're not focusing on something more worth their time

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I can only think the only reason they're adding new fractals is to redo the entire Fractal level system so that people stop running endless swamps for their daily chieves.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Of course I want more, but Anet has been the biggest loving disappointment with this game so I've given up hope. The much talked about WvW revamp now might not even enter beta until later this year now, lovely living story hype, a ridiculous amount of time between raid content for those who do that, PvP so boring that more people stream Kerbal Space Program, Your optimism is cute though bby :*

I think they just constantly remind us of this huge WvW update to excuse how long it is taking everything else to happen. Games have released entirely distinct raids in the time it is taking them to release a new 3 boss wing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Johnny Joestar posted:

but for real though any time they bring up 'pro' pvp it's hard not to laugh and wonder why they're not focusing on something more worth their time

There's a huge section of game playing people now who won't play any game that doesn't have a "pro/competitive" scene with high visibility to delude themselves into thinking about joining.

It's why so many people care about stuff like...

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Either that new update is really massive, or the launcher decided to re-download everything after moving the folder to a new drive. Ugh.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Either that new update is really massive, or the launcher decided to re-download everything after moving the folder to a new drive. Ugh.

The new update posted above isn't out yet, January 26.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

CLAM DOWN posted:

The new update posted above isn't out yet, January 26.

wtf is it doing then

I thought that folder is self-contained

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So i assume the not successful parts of the game are dungeons. And SAB.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
While I am excited about many things in that list, this is one of my favorites:

quote:

Also, a new check box will be added to always show the names of objects you can interact with in the world, similar to the existing check boxes for player, NPC, and enemy names.
No more holding down the Ctrl key!

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

malhavok posted:

Correct :smith:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Fractal leaderboard.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Don't forget aquatic combat. That was also disowned.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The rally and revive changes in WvW are cool.

I can't wait until November when they finally revive and rally WvW.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Johnny Joestar posted:

They've said it's just a marketing thing, and I guess it probably is actually working, or they'd have given up by now. They've been doing comparatively well on their PvP for a year now. As for whether it's worth their time, it's 400k of prizes and like a couple of people at most, since they're not actually making any new maps or anything much for it. I'm a PvP guy but the idea that its actually some huge game disrupting sentiment is every but as laughable as the idea it's ever going to become a properly successful esport.

The fact is PvE is basically the only thing that really gets much effort, and they still manage to gently caress it up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

The rally and revive changes in WvW are cool.

I can't wait until November when they finally revive and rally WvW.

WvW is struggling as is, waiting for "later this year for a beta" has to be an actual joke

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Dungeon team was fired/reassigned after no one wanted to do aetherpath due to difficulty and rewards. (rip raids)

Destroying the rewards was an attempt to force people to buy the expansion for fractal masteries and to shift them to the new areas. They could have kept them alive by making the reward a weekly thing like raids but chose not to.

I still don't know what fractal leaderboards are supposed to show us, is it a speed run thing or peoples levels???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I think the only exciting thing about that update post is Tybalt coming back....in stronghold. :[

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It better be zombie tybalt.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I still don't know what fractal leaderboards are supposed to show us, is it a speed run thing or peoples levels???

Fractal leaderboards will sort by number of useless ascended rings dropped per week

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I still haven't got ascended rings on all my characters, I'd really appreciate it if they could up the drop rate a little.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Agreed, need more magi rings thanks.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

im looking forward to the new shatterer, I hope there are mobs that explode on death so that goon can continue to save the public agains WPAK's shenanigans

Also raid won't come out until March lol

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I'm still holding out hope that one of these fractal updates this year will give me something to do with all these loving rings I have clogging up my bank. I can't bring myself to just throw them away but salvaging them is a waste of money.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Actually the mats you get for salvaging them sell for a pretty penny, so you might want to do that and clear up space.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, gliding in all areas will totally make me play this every day.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Also, a lot of people have been doing fractals for way loving longer than just since HoT drop and have been playing the same maps for the last 2+ years. New maps is decent incentive for old-timers to start up again.

I can't decide if "new fractals" will bring me back or if "nerfing Alacrity into the ground so Mesmers are no longer loved in groups" will push me away again. :ohdear:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Inzombiac posted:

poo poo, gliding in all areas will totally make me play this every day.

Hope you saved some central Tyria mastery points!

(I didn't :smithicide: )

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Harrow posted:

I can't decide if "new fractals" will bring me back or if "nerfing Alacrity into the ground so Mesmers are no longer loved in groups" will push me away again. :ohdear:

They've promised new fractals for years so I wouldn't worry bout it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Schpyder posted:

Hope you saved some central Tyria mastery points!

(I didn't :smithicide: )

quote:

We’re adding expanded functionality to the Gliding Mastery line! If you’ve trained the Glider Basics Mastery in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, your glider will let you glide a bit further…all the way back to Central Tyria. Your glider will work in any open-world map or city in Central Tyria once you’ve earned this Mastery ability.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Please enable gliding in WvW + air combat!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Please enable gliding in WvW + air combat!

Sure, but you have to wait 2 years for it, we can only handle one wvw patch a year and we got one coming in like 10 months

-anet

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

malhavok posted:

I'm glad they've abandoned these parts of the game because it means I can spend more time playing Xcom 2/Dragon's Dogma instead.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You bet it's gonna be Scarlet in that egg.

Gliding in Central Tyria (and, basically, everywhere from now on?) is a good thing. No SAB or dungeons is not.

Not much other stuff to look forward to. Living story writing and characters are just so bad I can barely get through those to get my AP and progress the story. Except for Canach, he's cool. Maybe he and Zombie Tybalt could form my new "team". The next season will probably introduce Mar & Kas' wedding and progression includes getting them a present and flower bouquets. And then Primordus attacks and kills everyone. (we can hope.)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 12, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Azazell0 posted:

Not much other stuff to look forward to. Living story writing and characters are just so bad I can barely get through those to get my AP and progress the story. Except for Canach, he's cool. Maybe he and Zombie Tybalt could form my new "team". The next season will probably introduce Mar & Kas' wedding and progression includes getting them a present and flower bouquets.

Turn up as West BC Baptist Charrch [WBC] and protest it

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would rather protest the shoddy writing than the fact that it's actually two ladies.

Dammit, now I want Zombie Tybalt as a character for real.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-12-2016

quote:

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Dragon’s Stand
Bongo the One-Eyed now has the appropriate number of eyes.
Tangled Depths
Improved the readability of the Tangled Depths world map.
General
Changed glider deployment to be more tolerant of network latency.
Fixed a bug that would cause gathering resources to give ruined materials while the player was transformed.
Fixed the layout used for achievement names to prevent long names from overflowing the UI boundary.
Items
Updated the descriptions for Mordrem and Evergreen rare trophies.
Ascended Trailblazer’s gear now uses exotic insignias and inscriptions in its mystic forge recipes.
Purchase confirmation text for runes and sigils on dungeon vendors will no longer show their suffix text twice.
All exotic leatherworker and tailor shoe recipes properly use two soles in their recipes.
Hope IV—Charged Dwarven Spell Trap: Double-clicking the dwarven spell trap after collecting the three ancient magics to charge it will grant the charged dwarven spell trap.
Candy canes have been added to Festive Materials storage.
Consume All has been added to snowflakes to convert them to higher tiers.
Twilight I—Malchor’s Demise: This collectible can be earned from the “Defeat the possessed statue of Dwayna” event at the Cathedral of Zephyrs .
Bolt I—Malchor’s Notes: This collectible can be earned from the “Defeat the possessed statue of Dwayna” event at the Cathedral of Zephyrs.
Astralaria IV—Magnification Lens: This collectible can be earned from the “Ensure that the Pact holds the Gates of Arah” event at the Narthex.
Charging legendary collectibles at a place of power will now take priority over charging quartz.
Branded devourer ichor can be earned by defeating the giant Branded devourer in the Fields of Ruin.
The salvage rates for resonating fragments, cores, and lodestones have been updated. They will now always give 3 of their salvaged materials.
Hope IV—Risen Crystalline Phial: A new champion Risen wraith has appeared at the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance during downtimes after the temple has been captured.
*Structured Player vs. Player *
Changed Ranked Arena matchmaking to only consider the placement of the highest division player for matchmaking when in a party.
Achievements:
The “Revered” PvP Conqueror Achievement has been updated to give the same number of achievement points as the other profession achievements of this type.
The “Champion Revered” PvP Conqueror Achievement has been updated to give the same number of achievement points as the other profession achievements of this type.
Updated the “Primordial Legend” achievement to complete and award the title for players who have completed the “League Champion” achievement during the first season.
World vs. World
Fixed a bug with the Supply Drop guild upgrade that caused it to grant more than 100 supply at larger objectives.
Fixed a bug with the Hardened Gates guild upgrade that caused it to also prevent damage from siege golems.
Changed the yellow guild dot map markers to no longer be displayed to guild members who are on an opposing team.
Fixed a bug that could cause reinforced and fortified walls to become invulnerable after having been destroyed once.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.
Wintersday is coming to a close, and as such, presents have been removed from all Black Lion Chests.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Visidan posted:

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

Only 2800 gems if you buy all 5. What savings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Kinda big patch size wise, everything ever confirmed.

• Locked thread