Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Jose posted:

hopefully he works out as well as Wijnaldum as a former FM wonderkid

Does that idiot who owns Sports Direct realise how ugly their logo is? And plastering it all over is tacky as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jyrka posted:

Does that idiot who owns Sports Direct realise how ugly their logo is? And plastering it all over is tacky as gently caress.

yes the guy that became a billionaire from employing a giant sportsdirect slave army is real classy

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

yes the guy that became a billionaire from employing a giant sportsdirect slave army is real classy

I guess that's why I'll never become that successful. I'd for sure hire a gay to make a nice logo at some point.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jyrka posted:

I guess that's why I'll never become that successful. I'd for sure hire a gay to make a nice logo at some point.

im pretty sure psychology 101 says that a cheap lovely logo makes you think you are buying stuff cheap

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

RideTheSpiral posted:

it's hard to believe how much money Newcastle has to spend on bad footballers ever year smdh

shelvey owns actually and i'm sure i've never said he's poo poo itf

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

please don't troll

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bovril Delight posted:

If Newcastle sign Bendtner I will not be happy

He'd get along well with horse punch guy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Even when he's interested he can't defend, run, or take less than 4 touches before picking a pass.

Might do alright if you've got players who can run in behind defences, and midfielders willing to do all his work for him. Monk changed the whole Swansea system to suit him and it sort of worked for 6 months.

Lot of Newcastle fans seem to like him based on the game at the start of the season, but Jonjo was practically anonymous until Janmaat got sent off.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

NNick posted:

Arsenal close to signing two Nigerian U-17s - Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2785076/arsenal-to-sign-nigeria-u17s-nwakali-and-chukwueze-sources

Loading up YouTube now!!!
Glad to see Wenger investing in some experienced talent for once

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Chris de Sperg posted:

Nigerians are the new Belgians. Get em while they're hot. Doesn't matter who

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Chris de Sperg posted:

Is this a joke about Africans always lying about their age?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
BBC saying Shelvey signed.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bea Nanner posted:

BBC saying Shelvey signed.

confirmed

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

confirmed

yessss

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
if Newcastle go down the firesale will be amazing

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Do you know what was going on with him off the field? I heard he was getting into fights but no idea who with (or if that's true)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
jonjo is decent and that is a good bit of business for newcastle imho, at least they have someone who will take wild shots any time all the time now

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
12m is about 4m too much (but Liverpool are getting 30% ftw) but he's a good signing for Newcastle for sure. Also Caulker is a weird signing at first glance but sort of makes sense who knows

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

EvilHawk posted:

confirmed

they couldn't Saivet for later and take the pictures together?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

Do you know what was going on with him off the field? I heard he was getting into fights but no idea who with (or if that's true)

He headbutted Gylfi before a game when he found out he was on the bench (Leicester, I think, same game Ash wanted to fight Mahrez and the bus). Then went home crying and Gylfi played 90 minutes like a pro. Doesn't get on with Cork either, but I don't think that came to blows (Jack's too nice for that).

He's never been the most professional and mostly just does what his dad/agent tells him. When the England callups came old man Shelvey's head got turned, and they've been pushing for a move for months.

His missus is also mad and has had a go at everyone at the club at some point on twitter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

jonjo is decent and that is a good bit of business for newcastle imho, at least they have someone who will take wild shots any time all the time now

We had tiote for that but he's being sold to China for £8m

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

chuggo is BACK posted:

12m is about 4m too much (but Liverpool are getting 30% ftw)

I think it's 30% of profit so £2.1m. Hope it's not more, Swansea are skint.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm a big fan of the newcastle new signing tunnel.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Apparently, a Chinese club are looking to offer Jelavic stupid money after just 4 months at West Ham. Would be nice to free up some wages so we can buy an actual right-back or a not-completely-poo poo backup striker

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Norwegian midfielder Markus Henriksen is on his way to Napoli from AZ Alkmaar. One of the best midfielders from Norway (which doesn't say that much really).

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

azathosk posted:

Norwegian midfielder Markus Henriksen is on his way to Napoli from AZ Alkmaar. One of the best midfielders from Norway (which doesn't say that much really).

Norway has produced a surprising amount of decent midfielders over the last couple of years. Martin Odegaard goes without saying even if he isn't quite the Double-Messi everyone hyped him up as and Martin Samuelsen looks real, real good even if he is out on loan at Peterborough.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Steven Caulker is awful and I'm glad we're not paying him to sit on our bench anymore.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

azathosk posted:

Strange move, he's gonna have a tough time breaking in to the lineup.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jose posted:

We had tiote for that but he's being sold to China for £8m

is it for footballing reasons or for touching his huge head for good luck reasons

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Spangly A posted:

if Newcastle go down the firesale will be amazing
can we skip the sale part and just set fire to it all?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Anybody want Nemanja Vidic? Because Inter are releasing him to free up space in the medical room money for a scudetto push.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vidic will probably sign for a MLS side.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I won't be surprised if another Italian club picks him up. Like Milan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

I won't be surprised if another Italian club picks him up. Like Milan

I dont' care if he's literally dead he'd be an improvement.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Fan favorite who won everything there's to win in his first spell with the club and fits the manager's philosophy perfectly?

Come home to Man Utd Nemanja.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I'm all for having a squad with good depth, but I think we have enough midfielders now, Mike/Lee/Steve/Graham or whoever actually makes these deals

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

Steven Caulker is awful and I'm glad we're not paying him to sit on our bench anymore.

I'd have rather we gave Illori a chance but every manager seems to think he's poo poo. Toure and Sakho should start against Arsenal and I'm happy enough with that. I don't think Lovren is too far away either.

Shelvey is a weird looking man and a weird player. He's clearly talented and is one of those players that will impact a game hugely- the problem is that can be for the wrong reasons as much as the right ones. Given he's never had any pace you might see him peak a bit later in life when he matures. Regardless he's a fun player to watch provided he's not in your team.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

Shelvey is a weird looking man and a weird player. He's clearly talented and is one of those players that will impact a game hugely- the problem is that can be for the wrong reasons as much as the right ones. Given he's never had any pace you might see him peak a bit later in life when he matures. Regardless he's a fun player to watch provided he's not in your team.

if you're losing most of your matches anyway this isn't really a problem and newcastle have absolutely no creativity through the middle of the pitch

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Shelvey owns. He scores goals, does Hollywood passes, causes drama, taunts fans, and sucks at mostly everything else. A++ player that I would not want on my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'd have rather we gave Illori a chance but every manager seems to think he's poo poo. Toure and Sakho should start against Arsenal and I'm happy enough with that. I don't think Lovren is too far away either.

never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPAGCEnlPk

• Locked thread