Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Thursday, January 14th, a stop-motion episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I have loved all of the guest animator episodes (even waterpark prank) so I am excited for this :)

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I forgot when new episodes were even coming so I just wanna post that on the 7th is a new episode and then a new episode every day on Jan 11 to 15

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Well, that was boring. Only a tiny bit of artsy, no fartsy, and no adventure in a show called Adventure Time.

You can have Finn and Jake do introspective weirdness, you can have someone other than those two go on an adventure, but if you're showing someone other than Finn and Jake doing introspective weirdness, like, who are you even writing for?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

Well, that was boring. Only a tiny bit of artsy, no fartsy, and no adventure in a show called Adventure Time.

You can have Finn and Jake do introspective weirdness, you can have someone other than those two go on an adventure, but if you're showing someone other than Finn and Jake doing introspective weirdness, like, who are you even writing for?

The writers were just burping on you for kicks.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I get what they were doing with this, but LSP is so loving terrible these days, I can't really watch her. She's Dennis from IASIP without the funny.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes I wonder who this show's target audience still is. Stakes actually had a coherent plot, goals, and real honest fun adventure even if it did follow the tired and trite theme of going back to the status quo. Then we're going back to pretentious artsy shite like that weird half-hour BMO versus AMO thing (Football was a pretty good episode though) and this. Little kids probably start zoning out halfway and manchildren are just impatient, especially with the competition of a show with actual plot like Steven Universe. Even the episodes leading up to Orgalorg got too rambly for it's own good at points, and the terror of Orgalorg was just an obnoxious douche, nothing compared to real villains like the Lich and the vampires.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I'm this show's target audience, apparently, because i still think it's consistently delightful.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

misadventurous posted:

I'm this show's target audience, apparently, because i still think it's consistently delightful.
Yeah, I thought it was a fine episode and we're still getting 5 new shows next week, so we'll probably have more plot-driven episodes then.

It was nice to see Viola fleshed out a little bit. We complain about the show introducing a concept (Jake becoming a dad) and then dropping it suddenly, so here's a little more backstory about that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

misadventurous posted:

The 'wah it's so pretentious now' people are.....you just gotta let people be themselves sometimes, ya know? You can't react to every bad wrong thing or you'll drive yourself insane.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

The show's target audience is "people able to enjoy a cartoon without subjecting it to a gauntlet of rigid expectations"

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I liked the episode; thought Viola was great overall as well as her bit with Jake, but I just don't like LSP anymore. :shrug:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a fine episode and we're still getting 5 new shows next week, so we'll probably have more plot-driven episodes then.

Everytime I don't like an episode I remember that there are like 50 episodes per season nowadays plus we are already at well over 200 episodes with no signs of slowing down. Then I go watch an episode I like (usually one where they explore a dungeon, The Limit being my all-time favorite).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kefkafloyd posted:

I get what they were doing with this, but LSP is so loving terrible these days, I can't really watch her. She's Dennis from IASIP without the funny.

When was she ever not terrible? She's always been a shallow sociopath. So, yeah, just like Dennis but in a kids show.

I liked the episode. Have all of Jake's kids had their own episodes now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the episode. I thought it was a little simple but overall really sweet and nice. Excited as heck for next week.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Episode good. LSP bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It was odd an odd episode and really somehow even more of an indie short film than the show normally is but I liked it and I like LSP being horrible.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
LESS ARTSY

MORE FARTSY

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

When was she ever not terrible? She's always been a shallow sociopath. So, yeah, just like Dennis but in a kids show.

I liked the episode. Have all of Jake's kids had their own episodes now?

Charlie hasn't yet.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that there is a new episode every night this week at 730pm est.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I liked it, especially enjoyed how Jake's horse form got more detailed as the episode went on. Also the gag at the end with the better jail cell.

So...did everyone else like...forget? Or didn't care to post? Usually I would think this thread would have at least one more post in it by now but I guess no one gives a gently caress about BMO being a cowboy and Me-Mow returning.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I'm awaiting the eventual Tiffany and Meow mow meet up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
the forums were down until just now, no one could post

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Acne Rain posted:

the forums were down until just now, no one could post

They were up when I posted last night and for a few hours after that, were they just down all afternoon until like midnight and then down until now?

Edit: Looking at a more active thread it looks like they went down around 3am, so my last post stands.

Edit2: VV Okay whatever, I guess the other thread is just luckier or more persistent or whatever. WTF did you think of the episode?

Brightman fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Brightman posted:

They were up when I posted last night and for a few hours after that, were they just down all afternoon until like midnight and then down until now?

Edit: Looking at a more active thread it looks like they went down around 3am, so my last post stands.

They were up and down in a way that meant people did not post even at times they physically could post.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Everything through bad jubies leaked, fyi.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TerminalRaptor posted:

I'm awaiting the eventual Tiffany and Meow mow meet up.

Didn't Tiffany die?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm surprised that nobody's talking about President Porpoise is Missing. It had a strange flow, it almost feels like a season 1-2 episode.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

umalt posted:

I'm surprised that nobody's talking about President Porpoise is Missing. It had a strange flow, it almost feels like a season 1-2 episode.

people here don't like seasons 1-2 I think lol. Might've been just that one guy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Brightman posted:

So...did everyone else like...forget? Or didn't care to post? Usually I would think this thread would have at least one more post in it by now but I guess no one gives a gently caress about BMO being a cowboy and Me-Mow returning.

In addition to forums shenanigans, It has been on a super weird schedule. I'm an episode behind and have been dreading watching it on CN's terrible streaming player too (I still don't think they are available to play on demand or on any competent streaming service).

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Everyone's moved on to lesbian space rocks. Fandom is fickle...

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

umalt posted:

Banana man found love.... But at what cost??

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LostRook posted:

Everyone's moved on to lesbian space rocks. Fandom is fickle...

It's not exactly random, staff from adventure time made that move as well.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

umalt posted:

I really liked it... it was simple and sweet and all the jokes landed.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
That really creeped me out. I know it shouldn't and it was funny too but I'm also somehow really unnerved.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Alex Jones Starchy... definitely something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

umalt posted:

Whole lot of people hiding in the treehouse.

Edit: Warning - Blank Eyed Girl episode does contain some butt stuff.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 14, 2016

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
Adventure Time's take on our very own Slenderman?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
So far all the episodes been pretty good watching. I think they worked out a lot of the need to fill-in and are instead are focusing on characters and interactions, which leads to some excellent moments in each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I think it was..... Beautiful

BMO has really been the star of this week.

• Locked thread