Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Eponine posted:

I got way too into the Saga of Crazy Neighbors.

Here is a chronologically ordered video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqA276KEbc8

Junior killed himself apparently playing Russian Roulette in the house. The next day you can see them getting into a fight about whose fault it was.

That was a depressing watch. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I lived next to a similar situation for awhile when I was first living alone. It was terrible to watch day-after-loving-day. Like watched the dude beat his girlfriend's head into the doorframe, him run upstairs and hide in the unit above him, the cops break down both doors and his dad come the next day to remove the bloody doorframe. Watched the girlfriend come and go about 5 times. I think the entire thing ended after I overheard a speakerphone conversation in which the downstairs guy told someone that he was going to shoot them at 9pm and gave an intersection. I called the cops for the fourth time on him, gave them the intersection and went to sleep. Woke up to lightbar lights through my bedroom window and the guy on the ground, handcuffed and crying that they took his drugs away. I think some charge stuck after that, because the dad who owned the place rented it out to someone else.

Other highlights from that neighbor:

- I called the cops on him for beating the poo poo out of his girlfriend. When two cops came to investigate the first time (I called them twice that night, my landlady called the cops two more times after I left to be with a friend), the white girlfriend told the black lady cop that he might have been so mad because he's been "hanging out with a [n-word]"

- After we had gotten a BIG dump of snow, the dad plowed the driveway, but he didn't clear around the car. The neighbor just cleared off his car door and tried to back over the rest in a 15 yr old Honda. It smelled like burned transmission fluid for the next few hours.

- They got a pittie puppy who was super super cute, but then I found her wandering in our yard two weeks later. I took her back over and he was really nice, but offered me to just take the dog. We lived right on a pretty busy road. I didn't see the pittie after a few weeks and I really hope the dad just took him.

- They had an ICP party. No visible crimes were committed, other than a guy with full ICP make-up, JNCO-type pants and bright green Crocs.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Why did none of those clips involve the police? :(

The Reddit thread by the video-taker said that he frequently called the cops and that the footage was gone over after the fact (like when they were breaking into his truck). I think I saw that the cops were there about every 2-3 weeks until they were finally able to bust someone in the house for meth and dealing.

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jan 12, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The house across the street is owned by a couple that rents it out, so we've had a rotating parade of neighbors for the past decade. It's not a bad neighborhood in the slightest, but occasionally you get a family that just can't be helped. The absolute apex was a family that was very similar to the one in that clip, constantly having loud arguments in the driveway at night.

It culminated in a night where the son's girlfriend was visiting with their baby in her SUV, and during the inevitable argument he finally leaped into the vehicle and began attacking her (and maybe trying to grab the kid in the seat next to her). I ended it by running outside screaming my head off with a rifle and forcing him away from the baby so she could drive off. Only time I've ever had to aim a weapon at someone else, and thankfully I didn't have to do anything else.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Groups of people like this show that no race, creed, sex, or national origin has a monopoly on trashyness. I guess this is why one would want a flamethrower.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Wanamingo posted:

Jesus christ. How do people end up with lives like that?

Really have to wonder what a lot of that shooting was about.

To both questions, crushing poverty and no education.

Fateo McMurray posted:

No snitching!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fateo McMurray posted:

Cuz every time the police show up they just shoot people so it's better for these situations to get worked out between the participants

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I read the Reddit thread about the video and the OP explained a little about Junior and his guns.

quote:

It wasn't me he was pointing the gun at (well not knowingly, we were behind his target). My family and I were inside when I heard what sounded like arguing in the porch. They were starting to walk away when I stepped out with my handgun. The second guy in a t-shirt yelled out sorry when he realized I was armed.

I didn't realize he had the gun until later when I pulled up the video to figure out what was going on.

The problem fixed itself the next day when he offed himself. Cop told me they said he was in a room by himself playing Russian roulette. So many things were wrong with that in my mind. How did they know and if so why did they not stop it?

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Indolent Bastard posted:

To both questions, crushing poverty and no education.

Pretty much this. I knew plenty of people, friends, who grew up in trailer parks and waaaay off the road dirt road homes.

Everyone has told them their whole life they are trash and they have no reason not to believe it. Substance abuse, mental illness, and crime-as-means are common.

The vast majority of the time they grow up jaded, parents and/or siblings involved in drinking and drugs, going from job to job with no money, maybe finishing high-school, but collage is a pipedream.

Best case is they find some decent line of work, make decent money and escape to another life. Too often girls often end up low-end strippers/sexworkers, addicted and pregnant. Men end up in prison or suicide.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
That Junior vid led me down a rabbit hole of neighborly insanity. Here's a playlist for anyone interested in a steady stream of profanity and lunacy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

titties posted:

That part is pretty obvious since they both call him Junior when he threatens the guy by pointing the gun at him, and then when he shoots himself in the head they say "Junior shot himself in the head".

Yes, but the poster I was responding to said he skipped around the video, so that's a pretty pertinent piece of information he might have missed out on.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Eponine posted:

I got way too into the Saga of Crazy Neighbors.

Here is a chronologically ordered video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqA276KEbc8

Junior killed himself apparently playing Russian Roulette in the house. The next day you can see them getting into a fight about whose fault it was.

No freude here, just sad how people manage to end up like that.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Berk Berkly posted:

Pretty much this. I knew plenty of people, friends, who grew up in trailer parks and waaaay off the road dirt road homes.

Everyone has told them their whole life they are trash and they have no reason not to believe it. Substance abuse, mental illness, and crime-as-means are common.

The vast majority of the time they grow up jaded, parents and/or siblings involved in drinking and drugs, going from job to job with no money, maybe finishing high-school, but collage is a pipedream.

Best case is they find some decent line of work, make decent money and escape to another life. Too often girls often end up low-end strippers/sexworkers, addicted and pregnant. Men end up in prison or suicide.

This is why the European system is better. Free collages for everyone.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Josef bugman posted:

Maybe there is more than 1 junior?

Of course there is. The odds of any of them making it to adulthood are pretty slim, so you have to make sure at least one Jr makes the cut.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

A good friend of mine comes from a white-trash family almost exactly like the people in the video. Every time she goes home and comes back, every story she has usually involves her fighting with her mom or her sisters.

Like, goddamn people, you'd think after ten years of arguing with zero result, they'd learn how to communicate, but no. It's just one vicious cycle of teen pregnancy, huge trucks, handguns, and no secondary education.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

chitoryu12 posted:

I read the Reddit thread about the video and the OP explained a little about Junior and his guns.

"In his room by himself playing Russian Roulette"

What the ever living gently caress? There are actual train wrecks that are easier to process than this.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

SpacePig posted:

How did she even end up on that stretch of road, anyway? Like, did she just type where she was going into a GPS without adjusting for being a truck or something?

She was likely dodging the scales because she was overweight and behind on her books.

CSB:

Back when I used to do logistics, the dispatchers would run the drivers ragged, overweight, and cheating their DOTs. I remember having a 53' load picked up and the driver asking me if it was OK if he stopped in Vegas for food on the way to LA. He was leaving from Chaska, MN. That's over 24 hours on the road just to get to Vegas. I told him that I didn't give a poo poo if took a week to get there. The load wasn't critical and he was a single. I didn't tell the dispatcher that I needed a hot shot but they were treating him like it was. He was worn ragged. He almost kissed my feet when I told him it wasn't a critical load and he could sleep off his ephedrine hangover .

You do stupid poo poo when you're tired and driving a vehicle that weights 30 tons. Commercial enforcement should be focused on the company, not the driver.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brainamp posted:

"In his room by himself playing Russian Roulette"

What the ever living gently caress? There are actual train wrecks that are easier to process than this.

It's happened before. It's a way of suicide for someone who doesn't want to just off themselves right then and there, but still has enough of a death wish that they won't mind going if they go. If the gun goes off, they were meant to die. If it doesn't, they were meant to live.

A long life of abusive parents, drug addiction, and violence can make you stop really caring.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7VWd9d8HXI

The schadenfreude is that this prank is a failure because everyone either sees it for a stupid prank or literally doesn't care even a little about people being shot nearby.

Edit: This one is exactly the same. The best reaction to a lovely prankster is no reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPo2ZBhSac

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Jan 12, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

mostlygray posted:

She was likely dodging the scales because she was overweight and behind on her books.

Don't bodyshame in this thread please.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Jesus, I watched the first one that was out of order, the whole time thinking "Man, I grew up around these kind of people, this is painful to watch." then read the reddit thread and realized it was in my home town and everything made sense. I'm lucky that I was in a stable family or I would have turned out just like them.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

that vid is a pretty good argument for gun control imo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/QVPxKVW.webm

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

I'd love some more info about this if possible.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Mr.Tophat posted:

Don't bring a knife to a swordfight? :shrug:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

Bad robbers fail a robbery. What more do you need to know?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQrLPtr_ikE

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

He just pulls a loving scimitar outta nowhere

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I randomly skipped to a day where suddenly one of the guys walks out at someone with a hoodie skulking around his truck, and he just points a gun at him. I was absolutely sure I was about to see a murder right there on the camera.

Instead, I skipped to the point where it's quiet at night and suddenly BANG!

You can't escape death.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmbS4RIpU0
Honest and understandable reaction to finding your car is stranded in a flooded parking structure.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

The Aphasian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmbS4RIpU0
Honest and understandable reaction to finding your car is stranded in a flooded parking structure.

I hope this is real, because if so it's glorious.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

LogisticEarth posted:

I hope this is real, because if so it's glorious.
He looks like the kind of rear end in a top hat who will go home and beat his dog.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Republican voters in KY are mostly going :argh: because the governor they elected, who promised to GIT RIDDA THAT DANGED OBAMACARE in the fine state of KY, is following through on his campaign promise and shutting down their actually pretty effective state run healthcare.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT DUDE WHO SAID HE'D TAKE AWAY OBAMACARE FOR THE CITIZENS WOULD ACTUALLY GO THROUGH (and burn about 23 million dollars doing it) WITH HIS MAIN CAMPAIGN PROMISE?

Yea, this is what happens when you don't think before you vote.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
What is it about the combination of trailer parks, meth and idiots that they always have to get a pitbull?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Republican voters in KY are mostly going :argh: because the governor they elected, who promised to GIT RIDDA THAT DANGED OBAMACARE in the fine state of KY, is following through on his campaign promise and shutting down their actually pretty effective state run healthcare.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT DUDE WHO SAID HE'D TAKE AWAY OBAMACARE FOR THE CITIZENS WOULD ACTUALLY GO THROUGH (and burn about 23 million dollars doing it) WITH HIS MAIN CAMPAIGN PROMISE?

On the one hand, I feel kinda bad because, looking up the election results, the guy didn't really win by that much. Almost 48% of people in the state voted for, at the very least, someone that wasn't him, if not necessarily his direct Democrat opponent. There are people that will genuinely be suffering as a result of this stupid poo poo.

On the other hand,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CVvNRQcvE

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So I googled this. Ended up on Breitbart laughing at comments. Until I got to this.

quote:

TR-3B • 3 hours ago
muslims believe insurance is gambling so they do not have to participate

our rates are sky high because of the cult of islam

they just go to emergency rooms with "chest pains", so they must be admitted, and then do not pay the bill afterwards

many of our great hospitals are targeted on purpose so they will fold

but we should embrace every illegal and immigrant

:omarcomin:

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Mothers Against Drunk Driving wants Affluenza teen moved to adult court

Ha ha!

--------------
Fixed the link, sorry.

JamesieAB has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Jan 12, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

veedubfreak posted:

What is it about the combination of trailer parks, meth and idiots that they always have to get a pitbull?

Pit bulls have an undeserved reputation for being mean, aggressive dogs that you can use as a tough guard dog that rips up burglars. So assholes who want an aggressive guard dog buy them and abuse them (usually because they're assholes who don't know how to take care of an animal) until they become mean, aggressive dogs that rip up anyone they see. It's a vicious cycle that ends up getting a completely normal breed vilified and abused. Same with dogs like Rottweilers and Dobermans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

The real schadenfreude is that I just went searching through Mashable for the article you didn't link to.